PDA

View Full Version : Got my knee dirty!!

Faded & X9-Rated
05-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Well MasterCraft fans.. I did it! I walked my girlfriend of almost 3 years to her college graduation.. & just before I walked her to the door, I dropped to a knee and put a ring on her finger!!

Did anyone else get as nervous as I did when proposing? I mean, I thought that was going to be the easy part and asking her dad was going to be the hardest.. But it was the opposite!! I was shaking like no other!!:o

BCBlazers
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
well congrats man, i'm gonna be goin thru that befor too long, prolly in about the next year or so...

sanjuan23
05-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Nervous was a bit of an understatement but it was all good.. Congratulations to her and you. Talk about starting two new adventures in one day it was probably the furthest thing from her mind that day.

jlf
05-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Congrats....wouldn't know I didn't do the asking. I was just as nervous saying yes, was it nerves or I was so excited my heart was racing and I couldn't hardly think? Was the best thing that happend to me so far in my life.

tex
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Congrats-If it makes you feel better-I almost pissed myself!

hester
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Congratulations!

TMCNo1
05-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Congrats-If it makes you feel better- I almost pissed myself!

Me too, when my FATHER-IN-LAW TO BE, met me at the door with a double barrel shotgun and Said, "Boy, ?*&$)*(%@$*, ??$$$$*&^%@?!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::rolleyes: Just joking!:D

Congratulations!!!!

TMCNo1
05-08-2007, 11:37 AM
UMP,
Have you read this thread, we are waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

Maristar210
05-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Adam Sandler Waterboy voice:

UMP be gettin the Milk for free he don need to ask. At least thats whut mama said.

CONGRATS

trickskier
05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Congratulations!!!

Why were you nervous??? Afraid she would say NO???

Willski
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Well MasterCraft fans.. I did it! I walked my girlfriend of almost 3 years to her college graduation.. & just before I walked her to the door, I dropped to a knee and put a ring on her finger!!

Did anyone else get as nervous as I did when proposing? I mean, I thought that was going to be the easy part and asking her dad was going to be the hardest.. But it was the opposite!! I was shaking like no other!!:o

I was nervous, but I never could figure out why. We had dated for 7 years. I think the odds were pretty good she wasn't going to say no. We were at a restaurant and I had given the ring to the hostess to bring out after dinner. Part of why I was nervous was that I didn't know when it was coming. They brought the ring out on with all of the desserts on a tray. Said you can have this cake, or this pie, or how about the beautiful diamond ring. She was shocked. I didn't get down on one knee. She wouldn't take the ring until I assured her it was hers!!

rodltg2
05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
congrats, went through that just about this time last year. getting maried in about 1 month. my mom is driving me crazy . i think she thinks its her wedding :D .

pram
05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
First and foremost Congratulations.

Nervous?? He!! ya even though we had been dating for 5 years still had butterflies and shaking hands.

Congrats again

Naste Craft
05-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I was the complete opposite asking my girlfriend to marry me was the easy part, asking her farther was the hard part it took me two day's of hanging out with him to ask..... he thought it was weird that I wanted to spend so much time with him until I asked him then he put it togather.....and he said no but he was just giving me a hard time....Jerk!!!!!

Faded & X9-Rated
05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Congratulations!!!

Why were you nervous??? Afraid she would say NO???

Thanks guys! Needless to say, this is very exciting for us!

I had no worries about her saying no.. I just choked I guess! I had this whole thing planned out, and of course the plan didn't go exactly the way I wanted to.

I think the best part was the next 15 minutes of us calling everyone!

betsy&david Harrison
05-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I love these stories! You men are soooo romantic. Keep em coming...

trickskier
05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks guys! Needless to say, this is very exciting for us!

I had no worries about her saying no.. I just choked I guess! I had this whole thing planned out, and of course the plan didn't go exactly the way I wanted to.

I think the best part was the next 15 minutes of us calling everyone!
Congratulations Again!!!

Where did she graduate, North Florida???

Faded & X9-Rated
05-08-2007, 02:29 PM
She graduated University of North Florida with a degree in Communications!

Harvey
05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Congratulations. When I asked her father I was actually shaking like a leaf. I was nervous asking her but the half a bottle of wine I had at dinner made me a little less nervous. You can read about it here.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13557

When I told her days later that I was nervous asking she looked at me like I should have known she was going to say yes. I responded by telling her that I am a man and thus often a jack@ss so it was possible she could say no. That made sense to her. :)

trickskier
05-08-2007, 02:37 PM
She graduated University of North Florida with a degree in Communications!
Going to be seeing her on Channel 4 soon?