PDA

View Full Version : There are good people out there...

dpolen
05-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Put my boat into my slip last week on Minnetonka...we had bigtime winds over the weekend...40-50 mph most of the day on Sunday. I went out to check on the boat today...cover is blown off laying in the water, 2 dock lines were gone. Someone was nice enough to tie up my MC with my other lines that were laying around in the boat. I wish I could find the stranger who helped me out, I'd like to buy him a beer or two. Lesson learned...use good strong dock lines if you're slipping your boat...I guess the waves were 2-3 feet based on the what I was told today.

On the way home from the docks, I stopped at the boat lift store...might be making an unplanned purchase for a ShoreStation.

Ryan27r
05-07-2007, 10:47 PM
What bay is your slip in?

MinnX-10
05-07-2007, 11:23 PM
It was nasty out there... helped out a few people on Lafayette bay... boats with lifts were good, but some in the water and their docks got messed up pretty bad.

dpolen
05-07-2007, 11:27 PM
What bay is your slip in?

I'm in Spring Park Bay right next to the water patrol headquarters...haven't even been in the water for a week yet...maybe I was a bit too anxious. Where are you at on the lake?

uawaterskier
05-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Put my boat into my slip last week on Minnetonka...we had bigtime winds over the weekend...40-50 mph most of the day on Sunday. I went out to check on the boat today...cover is blown off laying in the water, 2 dock lines were gone. Someone was nice enough to tie up my MC with my other lines that were laying around in the boat. I wish I could find the stranger who helped me out, I'd like to buy him a beer or two. Lesson learned...use good strong dock lines if you're slipping your boat...I guess the waves were 2-3 feet based on the what I was told today.

On the way home from the docks, I stopped at the boat lift store...might be making an unplanned purchase for a ShoreStation.
good to hear. One time the river was raising really fast and our neighbor was kind enough to call and tell us. By the time we made it to the lake, we had to take the windsheild off to get the boat out of the house

duckguy
05-08-2007, 12:39 AM
I hate wind-everytime it has been warm around here lately it has been super windy.

Ryan27r
05-09-2007, 12:52 AM
We are at the backend of Harrisons bay.

peason
05-09-2007, 10:56 AM
dpolen - there are a lot of lifts listed on Craigslist in the area. You might want to check out and maybe you can save some money. Good Luck.

dpolen
05-09-2007, 11:13 AM
dpolen - there are a lot of lifts listed on Craigslist in the area. You might want to check out and maybe you can save some money. Good Luck.

Peason...thanks for the suggestion. I know, there are bunch out there, but my issue is that I don't hvae a place to store it in the winter, so I need one of the dock/lift places around Minnetonka to install, remove, & store...best quote I have received so far is $800 for that service and only if I buy a a new lift from them. I have a second quote that is forthcoming, so my fingers are crossed that it will be a better deal. Anybody got recommendations for Boat lift dealers around Minnetonka who are good? (Send me a PM if you don't feel comfortable posting online)

Thanks!
Doug