PDA

View Full Version : Zero Off GPS Speed Control - $1600/unit

BuoyChaser
05-07-2007, 05:33 PM
interesting option to add "data collection" to keep track of buoy times in a tournament setting...curious as to how they are interfacing this???

http://www.zerogps.com/product_info.php?products_id=12

Name: Zero Tournament - Data Collection Software
Model: ETDC
PRICE: $290.00

Description:

- Complete Data Collections Software
- USB/RJ45 Data Cable

*** Please note that this software is compatable with the Elite Series or Elite Upgraded Sport Series only ***

====================

http://www.zerogps.com/product_info.php?products_id=14

Name: GPS Elite 3.5" Guage
Model: 0GPS3-SE
PRICE: $1,590.00

Description:
Zero Off is a new system to the marketplace, based solely on the input from satellites and the engine management system. It is based completely on the speed across the surface of the water; therefore, there is no requirement for skier weight, crew weight, KX, PX or even any kind of wind adjustment. You simply set the desired speed and go.

- Complete Tournment GPS Speed Control
- Tounment Ready
+ Slalom, Jump
+ Trick and Wake Board
+ Bouy and Course Timing
- Two GPS Antenna
- Course Mapping Memory
- Recallable Course Timing Memory

BuoyChaser
05-17-2007, 02:33 PM
any news on the status of the implementation of Zero Off???

bigmac
05-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Only designed (so far) for boats with some sort of engine-based integrated TBW system already in place. This means 2005 or later. No retrofit for those older boats (yet) due to the fact that Zero Off has no workable servo mechanism of their own (yet).

Perfect Pass does have a viable servo mechanism already. My money would be on them, for development of a workable, broadly applicable speed control device from a proven, high-quality, innovative and customer-oriented company.

pilot02
05-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Interesting to note that they're showing the PWT stop in Acworth this weekend as one of their events.

BuoyChaser
05-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Only designed (so far) for boats with some sort of engine-based integrated TBW system already in place. This means 2005 or later. No retrofit for those older boats (yet) due to the fact that Zero Off has no workable servo mechanism of their own (yet).

Perfect Pass does have a viable servo mechanism already. My money would be on them, for development of a workable, broadly applicable speed control device from a proven, high-quality, innovative and customer-oriented company.
but i've seen nothing pubic released from perfect pass on attempts to even acknowledge the gps systems or plans to incorporate both...but as for not requiring a retrofit kit, what tourneys have older than 2005 boats???

http://perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_whats_new.html

bigmac
05-17-2007, 05:41 PM
but i've seen nothing pubic released from perfect pass on attempts to even acknowledge the gps systems or plans to incorporate both...but as for not requiring a retrofit kit, what tourneys have older than 2005 boats???

http://perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_whats_new.html

If I were the VP Marketing at Perfect Pass, I'd keep it a huge secret until all of the testing was done and we had a viable, working product that would be widely available for a wide variety of boats. I'd want the announcement to read "AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT...!!!"

As for 2005 and later tourney boats, I'm of the opinion that tournament skiing is a small and shrinking part of the boat speed control market. I suspect that Wakeboard Pro outsells Perfect Pass Pro by an increasingly wide margin.

bigmac
07-06-2007, 10:48 PM

http://perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_whats_new.htmlNew rumor...Perfect Pass' new system is combo GPS and paddlewheel. GPS doesn't update fast enough by itself, they found, but it's addition really smooths out the speed. Sounds like a viable upgrade path, especially well-suited for V-drive owners with unfortunate paddlewheel location leading to excessive speed changes in turns or in chop.

Jesus_Freak
07-07-2007, 12:43 AM
If I were the VP Marketing at Perfect Pass, I'd keep it a huge secret until all of the testing was done and we had a viable, working product that would be widely available for a wide variety of boats. I'd want the announcement to read "AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT...!!!".

Sounds great unless it involves a publically traded company. If it involves a publically traded company, the executive board is constantly looking for, and sometimes dreaming up, little carrots to feed the stockholders to keep them attached. I dont know about PP...

André
07-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Can't remember on which site that i read that Zero Off is going to be standard with Correct Craft ski boats in 08(196 and 206).
Anybody else heard anything about that? (or close to that?):confused:

Ric
07-07-2007, 12:12 PM
eastie said something bout that andre
something bout cc giving you the option in 08 for PP or Zero

bigmac
07-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Sounds great unless it involves a publically traded company. If it involves a publically traded company, the executive board is constantly looking for, and sometimes dreaming up, little carrots to feed the stockholders to keep them attached.

:confused: Keeping product development secret is the usual route for any company until they're sure they have workable device that's reliable and will sell well. Then, the timing of the announcement, even leaks, is tricky business. They'll want to make sure the device works, is reliable, can be manufactured at a reasonable and competitive price point, and that component supplies are adequate. They'll also want to make sure that the timing of any announcement provides the best competitive impact. That's the third day of MBA school.

Anyway, PP is a privately held company....AFAIK owned by the Eisener family.

André
07-07-2007, 12:14 PM
There you go again with good answers...This is getting borring!;)
thanks Ric!
Working?

Ric
07-07-2007, 12:19 PM
work work work work

east tx skier
07-07-2007, 12:55 PM

It is standard on their 08 promos. I think PP is still an option otherwise.