PDA

View Full Version : 2000 X-star Bimini suggestions

swatguy
05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Well just picked up a very clean babied 2000 X-star with the original version of the Zero Flex Flyer. Only problem is that I am having a hard time finding a bimin that will work under that tower. I understand it won't be a tower mount bimini, but where did you all get yours from? Trying to figure out how to get one in red asap. The main problem is that the tower angles in from the top deck so a standard bimini won't work.....I have 2 little girls and a bimin is a must for us. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

cst573
05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
www.towerbiminis.com
I am about to order one for my 2k PS190 w/ New Dimension zero flex tower.

jsc0324
05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
www.towerbiminis.com
I am about to order one for my 2k PS190 w/ New Dimension zero flex tower.

I have a 2000 PS 190 and a newly installed New Dimensions tower. The location of the tower on our boat is a little further back than it is on other years causing a longer distance between the top of the windshield in the front to the measuring point on the tower. THe reason the mounting point is a little further back is due to the vent that is located on the sides of the front. You can see this on the New Dimension Towers web site. John at Tower was not comfortable with this distance as it meant that the bimini would not cover the windshield. We ended up lowering the bimini thereby moving the entire bimini forward and we think it will work now. I should get the bimini this week, maybe next and will will let you know how the install goes. From what I understand, the Tower Bimini's are amongst the best you can buy for your tower in terms of quality. If this had not worked out, I would have had him custom make a bimini that I would have screwed to the boat.

I hope this makes sense, I am at work with numerous interuptions. I can tell you that the people at TowerBiminis.com are first rate and very very patient and helpful. Be sure to get the specific Mastercraft measuring form.