PDA

View Full Version : Tristar Trick Table

kdjose
05-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow, great alliteration! Am looking for a used MC, and have thus far restricted my search to a Pro Star as a former tournament skier -- I'm looking for that great trick table and curl. I have a large family and the open bow would be nice but 205's are pretty hard to find, though there seem to be a fair number of tri stars. My question is this: are there any trick skiers out there sking behind a 89-93 tri star? How is the trick table and wake? How about bubble path and wake at barefooting speed? How do tri stars handle compared to the pro star? More lumbering? Thanks.

kj

LakePirate
05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Check out the Tristar threads. There are a couple of them out there.

I have one and the ride is rougher than the prostars of the same era.

The slalom wake is very soft and the trick table is pretty good,(I guess) the same hull was used for the BareFoot 190 with the 454 in it so pretty solid there. All in all the wake is great for what ever you want to do (other than shortline). But once again, the ride is rough with the smallest amount of chop on the lake.

uawaterskier
05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
disclaimer: please dont hate me.

I rode behind a 86 correct craft yesterday. The biggest change between that and a new boat was the shape of the wake at trick speed. It litterally boots and has twice as much pop as a new 197. As far as the table, I couldnt tell a big difference. It felt about the same, only a little more bubblely in the center, but didnt affect my tricking at all. Keep in mind though that was a correct craft not a MC. Ive never tricked on anything older than a 2001 MC