PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya / Mayweather

JBaker
05-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Did you guys catch the fight last night? I refused to miss out on the Cinco parties, but did manage to TiVo it and watch it this morning.

Mayweather was unbelievable. I had never seen him fight before, though I had seen Oscar fight many times and have always been impressed. I was shocked at how well Mayweather not only made Oscar miss, but also how strong his counters were. Mayweather dictated the pace of that entire fight and was more than twice as accurate (especially on power punches.) He may be the quickest fighter I have personally ever seen (no offense to Roy Jones Jr.)

My buddies and I almost lost it when the first judge called the fight for De La Hoya. I'm not sure if that guy was smoking crack or just overly influenced by the "always in favor of Oscar" Vegas crowd.

BrianM
05-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey JBaker, are you Arizona alumni?

Sorry for the thread jack.

JBaker
05-06-2007, 05:10 PM
I went to U of A from 02-04 before finishing at IU (Indiana.) Much preferred the sun and women of U of A. What a gorgeous campus.:banana:

I also learned that Hoosier fans are ignorant, has-been idiots.

BrianM
05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I went to U of A from 02-04 before finishing at IU (Indiana.) Much preferred the sun and women of U of A. What a gorgeous campus.:banana:

Cool. I loved Tucson. Would have never left if it were not for my wife. Graduated in '98.

TX.X-30 fan
05-07-2007, 10:05 AM

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

H20skeefreek
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM

WOW, I've talked some trash about Hoosier fans before, but that just well......rude. To each his own though.

I'm gonna set back and have some popcorn and watch this too!:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Maristar210
05-07-2007, 11:41 AM
WOW, I've talked some trash about Hoosier fans before, but that just well......rude. To each his own though.

I'm gonna set back and have some popcorn and watch this too!:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

He can't be more than 24 so what might you expect? :D

KnoxX2
05-07-2007, 11:43 AM
This should get good!!!!!!....................:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

H20skeefreek
05-07-2007, 11:49 AM
He can't be more than 24 so what might you expect? :D
I wasn't going to say it, because I'm not a lot older myself, lol.

TX.X-30 fan
05-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm hoping for another CSX MYMC vs sodar/diesel type thread. :D

:popcorn: :popcorn: ;)

Maristar210
05-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Ask Dpolen what he thinks of IU and you'll get a similar response.

Me? I love putting IU on the schedule :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/mgoblue.jpg

Maristar210
05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Maristar210 - Shut up

JBaker
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Nobody wants to discuss the fight? :D

Maristar210
05-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Sure,

DeLayadious got his a$$ kicked. Mayweather who is from my home town in the great lakes state rocked him good but was unable to knock him out.

TX.X-30 fan
05-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm not a mayweather fan but those hands are fast. Watched the fight on 92" screen :D and still had trouble seeing his punches. I watched some of the training camp stuff on HBO. De La Hoya seems to be a class act, on the other hand Mayweather is trash with lots of cash. Saw him tell his son to go over to the sparing partner and tell him I'm going to kick the frickin ship out of him(4-5yr old son). :mad:

Maristar210
05-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm not a mayweather fan but those hands are fast. Watched the fight on 92" screen :D and still had trouble seeing his punches. I watched some of the training camp stuff on HBO. De La Hoya seems to be a class act, on the other hand Mayweather is trash with lots of cash. Saw him tell his son to go over to the sparing partner and tell him I'm going to kick the frickin ship out of him(4-5yr old son). :mad:

I agree. He'll be broke in ten years after his entire crew suck him and his bank account dry. I like seeing him with all these thugs around him. He should start preparing his Spinks list of why I'm broke.... :D

milkmania
05-07-2007, 02:21 PM
didn't get to watch it.....
baseball tournament and the drive in on Saturday......

CATCH THE EXCLUSIVE REPLAY OF DE LA HOYA vs. MAYWEATHER

Saturday, May 12th, 10 PM ET/PT

TX.X-30 fan
05-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Exactly, they showed him and his crew in the kitchen watching a bb game, he had $34,000 bet on the game. :rolleyes: