PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line

phecksel
05-06-2007, 04:30 PM
ok, it's only the PWC, but it is a MasterCraft!

Rebuilt the carb, and thinking it wouldn't be a bad thing to change fuel lines. Think I could find 1/4 marine grade fuel line in town???? Not so far.

Do I have to use marine grade? What's the diff to automotive fuel line? Can I buy it online somewhere?

Water line coming off the exhaust goes somewhere, destination unknown. That line had a rubbing hole wore in it. It looks the same as the fuel line, but is not marked. Is fuel line adequate for hot water?

TMCNo1
05-06-2007, 04:47 PM
ok, it's only the PWC, but it is a MasterCraft!
Rebuilt the carb, and thinking it wouldn't be a bad thing to change fuel lines. Think I could find 1/4 marine grade fuel line in town???? Not so far.

Do I have to use marine grade? What's the diff to automotive fuel line? Can I buy it online somewhere?

Water line coming off the exhaust goes somewhere, destination unknown. That line had a rubbing hole wore in it. It looks the same as the fuel line, but is not marked. Is fuel line adequate for hot water?

Now this should get interesting!
Are you talking about one of the surviving MasterCraft WetJet PWC's by any chance?
If true, I think anyone who had any knowledge about them has either been shot or are in excile in South America.

phecksel
05-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Now this should get interesting!
Are you talking about one of the surviving MasterCraft WetJet PWC's by any chance?
If true, I think anyone who had any knowledge about them has either been shot or are in excile in South America.

Yea, WetJet, LOL

I ended up buying a practically unused unit, and have managed to beat the stuff out of it. Typical MasterCraft, take a lickin, and keeps on tickin.

All I want to know is where to buy fuel line????

TMCNo1
05-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Yea, WetJet, LOL

I ended up buying a practically unused unit, and have managed to beat the stuff out of it. Typical MasterCraft, take a lickin, and keeps on tickin.

All I want to know is where to buy fuel line????
Which engine does it have, the late ones had Yahamas IIRC and that might be your answer.
I'm not sure if a MC dealer could help, but I'd try Jim@BAWS first, then www.skidim.com, they should be able to steer you in the right direction.
Don't know about the hot water/fuel line, but I would think it would also work.

JimN
05-06-2007, 06:59 PM
The fuel line needs to be made with neoprene or Teflon to pass. Water lines don't need that but you can use fuel line for water.

Just about any auto parts store should have something that is allowable.

phecksel
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
what's the difference between marine fuel line and auto fuel line?

JimN
05-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Marine fuel line is blessed by the Coast Guard and I think insurance companies really like things that are in that category if there's a problem.

Toober Tom
05-06-2007, 08:53 PM
........ I think anyone who had any knowledge about them ......are in excile in South America.
With the hull designer for the 98 PS190?