PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed

rsk
05-06-2007, 04:03 AM
Bought my first Mastercraft 3 weeks ago
06 X30
Been in the shop for 2 weeks now.
I haven't missed a weekend , that I wanted to go to the lake ,in 2 years.
Not used to this. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

uawaterskier
05-06-2007, 04:08 AM
thats nothing, our team's 07 197 was in the shop for 3 months...

shepherd
05-06-2007, 07:50 AM
What's wrong with it? If it's been in the shop for 2 weeks, hopefully you are complaining about the shop and not the boat.

tex
05-06-2007, 11:25 AM
I haven't missed a trip since 2002. What problems are you having? 2 weeks sounds like a shop issue. What did you have before and I know this goes in the stupid question thread but why did you switch to the greatest boat made?

G-man
05-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Tell them you want your money back or a different boat. That is not right.

atlfootr
05-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Bought my first Mastercraft 3 weeks ago, 06 X30.
Been in the shop for 2 weeks now.:mad:for as much inconvince, I'd ask for a loaner :rolleyes:
then you'd see how fast you'd get it back ...

TX.X-30 fan
05-06-2007, 04:20 PM
What is wrong with the boat???? 04 X-30 owner, 164 hrs. looks like it just rolled out of the showroom and runs better. :D :D Had a few dealer issues but since joining this forum I do all of it myself, thanks to the incredible folks on this site. If you need some help your in the right place IMHO. Good luck that is a sweet boat, pics????????????

rsk
05-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, I didn't buy it from the dealer. I bought it from an individual with 30 hours, never spent the night ourside in new condition.
The dual battery switch was not working , and it is taking on water, ( previous thread ) Had them put in a MP3 port and change the break in oil, etc.
They will hopefully have it ready this week.

I was just pissed about not using it.
When you own boats you want to use them.
Especially expensive ones.
They are machines though and aren't perfect.
I have faith.

WESSTAR
05-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Still the oil takes what 2 hours, switch 1 hr, MP3 maybe 3, the longest part is the taking on water I suppose that they have to water test the boat to find out where it is coming from.

TX.X-30 fan
05-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, I didn't buy it from the dealer. I bought it from an individual with 30 hours, never spent the night ourside in new condition.
The dual battery switch was not working , and it is taking on water, ( previous thread ) Had them put in a MP3 port and change the break in oil, etc.
They will hopefully have it ready this week.

I was just pissed about not using it.
When you own boats you want to use them.
Especially expensive ones.
They are machines though and aren't perfect.
I have faith.

This seems to help if she is taking on additional water. :D :D

tex
05-06-2007, 04:54 PM
This seems to help if she is taking on additional water. :D :D

That's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
You can always re-plumb your ballast intakes to pump water out of the bilge.:D :rolleyes: 8p

Jim@BAWS
05-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Where is the boat? And what is the problem? If you just rolled into a dealer w/o advance notice sometimes you will be out at the end of the line for no other reason than the dealer has made previous promises to other customers. I usually encourage all customers and owners to schedule an appointment, or at least a window. That way you the customer can use the boat vs. leaving it at the dealership for an extended amount of time.

This past Saturday had a customer walk in with an X-Star from Georgia. Just moved down here. Calls in route wanting us to fix the boat while he waited. I was all excited about welcoming the owner to Tampa now I have a NEW customer upset because we could not service him on the spot. I am sure he has his side of the story. But please am I susposed to STOP my promised commitments to others?
Maybe I am venting a little myself. I guess trying to be overly helpful sometimes can bite you in the butt to.

If I can be of assistance in Tampa with your X-30 Let me know
I saw that your where located in the SE so I figured I would give it a try

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

Leroy
05-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Often at this time of the year shops are booked for weeks. It isn't the work, but the schedule. If your goal is getting out you may just take it, after getting anything critical to be out and schedule the MP3 and oil change for later.

Still the oil takes what 2 hours, switch 1 hr, MP3 maybe 3, the longest part is the taking on water I suppose that they have to water test the boat to find out where it is coming from.

Slinkyredfoot
05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I have never read about the problem you are having??? Like numerous others have alluded to in previous posts, maybe we are all so psyched up to get on the water we can all want it yesterday, I am guilty....Umps crop up in the road every now and again, we all need to learn to be patient....have empathy for boat dearlers near and wide...it is impossible for them to deal with all problems in their very busy season, Right Now...
Please do not be disappointed with your boating experience with your MC or any other boat for that matter, have compassion and understanding that maybe your problem cannot be fixed Right Now....;)

TX.X-30 fan
05-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I have never read about the problem you are having??? Like numerous others have alluded to in previous posts, maybe we are all so psyched up to get on the water we can all want it yesterday, I am guilty....Umps crop up in the road every now and again, we all need to learn to be patient....have empathy for boat dearlers near and wide...it is impossible for them to deal with all problems in their very busy season, Right Now...
Please do not be disappointed with your boating experience with your MC or any other boat for that matter, have compassion and understanding that maybe your problem cannot be fixed Right Now....;)

That entire post is so out of character for you Slinky I had to get up and get a cold beer just to gather myself up. 8p 8p

east tx skier
05-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Often at this time of the year shops are booked for weeks. It isn't the work, but the schedule. If your goal is getting out you may just take it, after getting anything critical to be out and schedule the MP3 and oil change for later.

As far as "this time of year" goes, around here, that's from May until November. I know it's gotta be frustrating, but 'tis the season.

Leroy
05-07-2007, 12:32 AM
And as Jim was hinting at, talk to your dealer, I don't know of a dealer that really doesn't want to make you happy and will work with you if you want to keep the boat and ski until you can get it in for the the work.

Just know that I'm going to pull up and in 30 minutes get in the shop, have my problem fixed and be out isn't going to happen often! I don't get that with my Lexus either.

As far as "this time of year" goes, around here, that's from May until November. I know it's gotta be frustrating, but 'tis the season.

Slinkyredfoot
05-07-2007, 06:57 AM
That entire post is so out of character for you Slinky I had to get up and get a cold beer just to gather myself up. 8p 8p

Hope you enjoyed that cold beer, I would bet it tasted so good you had to gave another...;)

rsk
05-07-2007, 08:30 AM
This dealer seems to be a good guy and have good guys working for him.
I called a week ahead before taking it in. We didn't cover what was wrong at the time of the call.
They didn't have the dual switch in stock and that is what they are waiting for. Hopefully it will be in today.
But still then it has to lake tested for the leak.
I am not complaining about the dealer , I just want to use my boat.
Again , I am not used to having problems with new boats and
I have bought several.
Just dissapointed.

Jerseydave
05-07-2007, 10:11 AM
If you want to be more disappointed, just move up north!
Air temp this morning is in the 40's, water temp is 58!

Your season is alot longer than ours, be thankful. You'll be in the water soon I'm sure.

rsk
05-07-2007, 10:28 AM
You are right.
It's just the point.
And that is the point. It is the season. 85 and sunny all weekend.

JimN
05-07-2007, 11:13 AM
My guess is that the dual battery switch isn't a normally stocked part and if someone had brought up why the boat needed to go in for service in the first place, maybe it would have been there when you took your boat in. That was a communication failure on both sides- you didn't say what you wanted and they didn't ask. That doesn't make for efficient service department operation and it makes it impossible for them to "satisfy" your expectations. They can't do work on a boat when they don't know what parts to order and you shouldn't expect them to stock everything.

The previous owner should have mentioned that it was taking on water and if you didn't take it for a test drive when you looked at it, that's just risky.

It's just my opinion but you shouldn't buy a used boat expecting that everything will be perfect and then go to the manufacturer's user forum to complain that you can't use your boat. You didn't say how much water is coming in but I doubt that it would have become swamped if the bilge pump was set to AUTO. If it has that much coming in and you live in an area that doesn't get too cold, it could have been put in the water to find the leak over the winter. You also didn't say why you need the second battery but if you added a bunch of electronics that are current hogs and didn't upgrade the alternator, buy two of the same battery & upgrade some of the wiring, you're going to be running on borrowed time until something in the charging circuit fails and strands you.

You'll find that this forum is a great resource and you'll probably make some good friends, so don't take this personally- that's not the way it's meant.

east tx skier
05-07-2007, 11:13 AM
And as Jim was hinting at, talk to your dealer, I don't know of a dealer that really doesn't want to make you happy and will work with you if you want to keep the boat and ski until you can get it in for the the work.

Just know that I'm going to pull up and in 30 minutes get in the shop, have my problem fixed and be out isn't going to happen often! I don't get that with my Lexus either.

Daryl Moore Marine in Spring, TX where I purchased my boat only does service by appointment. They've been able to do same day turn around for me twice. It's just a bit of a haul---almost 200 miles.

For little things, my local dealer, with some notice, has managed to squeeze me in. We are lucky to have such a good dealer so close.

curtisco24
05-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Are you located in tn?

djhuff
05-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Good dealer communication will get you a looooong way. My dealer knows my expectations, and does what they can to get me back out on the water, because that's where i'm going (free advertisement). In turn, I make every effort to have the boat there first thing monday morning when I am getting service, so they can get it done. The first few times I took my previous boat in, it would take a little longer than expected, or I wouldn't get a phone call saying it was going to take longer etc. After talking with them, we all know what I expect, but I don't demand anything. I've had little stuff that is not 100% right, but I just bring it up and say... I'll take care of it. Trust me, that goes a long way, if you're easy to work with, you'll get more in return.

erkoehler
05-07-2007, 02:27 PM
What was the outcome on the leak? Where was it at?

ProTour X9
05-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I do feel sorry for you but, don't take the things we say or they say personally, Jim said it! You'll find theres plenty of summer left.

2000205V
05-07-2007, 07:29 PM
He was just venting because we all know how crappy it is to be not riding because of mechanical problems. Especially on a $50k brand new boat. ;) I'd be pretty disapointed too....

JimN
05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
From what was said about the boat, the leak is the only real problem, the other stuff was from a L.O.C. and a part that's being added. If the leak isn't bad, I would have taken it out. Plus, it's not a new boat, technically. Young, but not new.