PDA

View Full Version : Ski lakes near Atlanta

6ballsisall
01-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Atlanta Area lakes and housing

Hello!

Opportunity is strong the wife and I may be relocating to the Atlanta area in a year. We love our area now, while we aren't on the lake we are about 5 minute drive from dropping the boat in.

I have done some preliminary searching and haven't had much success but my question is can someone recommend me to certain areas of Atlanta to look where we can be on a lake? My office is in Lawrenceville, GA and I will fly quite a bit so I would prefer not to get to far North. Is there something beside Lake Lanier to check out? Don't want to spend a fortune on a house, would like to stay under $325k. Any ideas??? Do you know of any sites on the local area?

Jeff

atlfootr
01-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey Jeff,

I'm a local skier on Lanier, maybe I can help.

atlfootr

roddydog
01-30-2005, 11:01 PM
I have a friend working in Atlanta, I know he skis near there. He is an amazing skier, boarder and Sky-chair freak. Tell him roddydog from Collingwood sent you, his name is Brandon (I call him Brando the Commando 'cus he's nuts). Get him at brleck@na.ko.com, good luck and have fun!!!

6ballsisall
01-30-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey Jeff,

I'm a local skier on Lanier, maybe I can help.

atlfootr

Thanks ATL, have you been around the Flowery Branch area?

6ballsisall
01-30-2005, 11:07 PM
I have a friend working in Atlanta, I know he skis near there. He is an amazing skier, boarder and Sky-chair freak. Tell him roddydog from Collingwood sent you, his name is Brandon (I call him Brando the Commando 'cus he's nuts). Get him at brleck@na.ko.com, good luck and have fun!!!

Thanks roddydog! Will do

rem_p
01-31-2005, 12:23 AM
well if you want to come to alabama there is a great lake in alexander city.....Lake Martin....couple hours from Atlanta but its a great lake, one yall would enjoy :dance:

atlfootr
01-31-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks ATL, have you been around the Flowery Branch area?Flowery Branch, let's see? Home of nearly famous Super Bowl "would be" Champs? :uglyhamme Yes, I have.
Fact is, I went to school (Gainesville College) up there. Drop me an email, atlantabarefoot@adelphia.net
I'll send you a map of Lake Lanier w/ key point skiing locations! :friday:

atlfootr

Professor
01-31-2005, 05:02 PM
ATL it is a small world. My first teaching job was at Brenau. Jrandol - don't know how close to the office you desire but there are a few nice lakes south of Atl. Lake Jackson (Newton County area) and especially Lake Oconee (www.reynoldsplantation.com and www.cussowila.com). There are quite a few people who make the commute from Oconee to Atl. (ATL??? where did the Jacquess family ski when they were in Lawrenceville?) If you have not visited the web site of whitestone see it at www.whitestoneskiclub.com. I freeski at Sinclair and find very little traffic during the week but that would be a 1.5 hour commute. Good luck on the move!