PDA

View Full Version : Chinese animal rights victory takes cats off the menu

milkmania
05-04-2007, 11:23 PM
well, now I can go back to eating chinese food:rolleyes:

China's nascent animal rights movement claimed a rare victory today after rescuing more than 400 cats that were about to be slaughtered for their fur and meat.

rest of story here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,,2011802,00.html

Monte
05-04-2007, 11:25 PM
well, now I can go back to eating chinese food:rolleyes:

rest of story here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,,2011802,00.html

I told you Leroy;) :) :D

Leroy
05-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Hmmm, wonder if this did not translate to English....wait, I was in Taiwan, not China, completely different!

Monte
05-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Hmmm, wonder if this did not translate to English....wait, I was in Taiwan, not China, completely different!

Close enough!!8p They do make some good food:) Spicy:firejump:

milkmania
05-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Close enough!!8p They do make some good food:) Spicy:firejump:

it's called chicken here;)

betsy&david Harrison
05-04-2007, 11:36 PM
In Italy...they eat HORSE and they like it

Monte
05-04-2007, 11:37 PM
it's called chicken here;)

Indeed I believe it is, I frequent a local spot I question, but hey I don't ask, they aren't going to tell me:noface: Never have seen any strays rumaging in the bins nearby:confused:

Leroy
05-04-2007, 11:39 PM
We lived in Belgium for 2 years and paard (horse) always looked much better than beef and I'm sure we ate it a couple of times before we realized it!

In Italy...they eat HORSE and they like it

milkmania
05-04-2007, 11:42 PM
We lived in Belgium for 2 years and paard (horse) always looked much better than beef and I'm sure we ate it a couple of times before we realized it!

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/beat_deadhorse.gif
slaughter houses are bad places!!!!

betsy&david Harrison
05-04-2007, 11:44 PM
My brother in law really likes the equine meat...I can't bring myself to eat dog, cat, rabbit or horse...the list may expand

Monte
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
My brother in law really likes the equine meat...I can't bring myself to eat dog, cat, rabbit or horse...the list may expand

Indeed it may! Good thread Milk!;)

Can't say I ever really knew people eat horses on a regular basis.. Oh well.. I can't decide on that one:rolleyes:

Leroy
05-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Our host in Taiwan said:

I don't think they will like anything: raw, ears, eyes, feet, intestines, brains, blood, tails, hoofs, snake, worm, grubb, and the list went on and on, was really funny to hear how limited our eating habits were!

milkmania
05-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Our host in Taiwan said:

I don't think they will like anything: raw, ears, eyes, feet, intestines, brains, blood, tails, hoofs, snake, worm, grubb, and the list went on and on, was really funny to hear how limited our eating habits were!

sounds like a bologna sandwich.....

or a hotdog:rolleyes:

Monte
05-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Our host in Taiwan said:

I like limited:o Especially if that's what is on the menu:confused: I'd have to order the chicken;)

TMCNo1
05-06-2007, 07:12 PM
sounds like a bologna sandwich.....

or a hotdog:rolleyes:

GWA Bologna, guts, windpipes and a--h---s!

At one of our towns best and most famous Chinese Restaurants that had a superior buffet, the Health Department found frozen cats in the freezers and shut the place down permanently. The operators claimed the cats were for personal use and were being stored there, because they didn't have room at home for them, yea sure, the Health Dept. didn't believe it either!