PDA

View Full Version : Replacement blower hose

dgunthert
05-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I just discovered the blower hose on my 97 Prostar is split just under the gas tank. Is there any place I can get a replacement between now and tomorrow morning when I want to hit the lake? :D

TMCNo1
05-04-2007, 09:36 PM
I just discovered the blower hose on my 97 Prostar is split just under the gas tank. Is there any place I can get a replacement between now and tomorrow morning when I want to hit the lake? :D

Lowes or Home Depot will have the round aluminum dryer duct, but not sure if the size is right.

Monte
05-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Two words Duct tape.. Not really, Maybe the tubes #1 suggested could be cut long ways taking out enough to make it fit, and soldiered back together less the excess??? Just a thought..

Matt L.
05-04-2007, 10:42 PM

Walmart!

No kidding. Look in the RV section for 3 inch sewer drain hose. It looks just like the cheap vinyl junk and is really thick and durable. Any RV supply place should have it. Also it is much less expensive than at a marina and much better.

I just replaced all of mine with crappy thin marina stuff only to discover the RV sewer line a couple of days later.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Later,

Matt

east tx skier
05-07-2007, 12:09 AM
The dryer hose will work fine (I know this is late, but just an echo for the next person that comes along).

TMCNo1
05-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Walmart!

No kidding. Look in the RV section for 3 inch sewer drain hose. It looks just like the cheap vinyl junk and is really thick and durable. Any RV supply place should have it. Also it is much less expensive than at a marina and much better.

I just replaced all of mine with crappy thin marina stuff only to discover the RV sewer line a couple of days later.

Later,

Matt

I can see it now, I would get some that someone didn't like, returned and I would wind up with a "Floater" in the bilge!:eek: :eek: :eek:

east tx skier
05-07-2007, 12:30 AM
I can see it now, I would get some that someone didn't like, returned and I would wind up with a "Floater" in the bilge!:eek: :eek: :eek:

As you're the guy with a bathmat to keep the water out of his bilge, I would pay some hard earned cash to see your reaction to that. :)

TMCNo1
05-07-2007, 12:35 AM
As you're the guy with a bathmat to keep the water out of his bilge, I would pay some hard earned cash to see your reaction to that.

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme
Worse than that, it would get blown into the transom vent box and stuck in the rear vent!