PDA

View Full Version : Is it still cover under my trailer warranty ?

boatless
05-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a 2005 197 prostar, both of the plastic chrome covers on my trailer tires are crack and the chrome finish start to come off. I am talking about the plastic chrome cover over the tires bearing. I call my dealer but the service person is out til Monday and I just want to know. I bought my boat new from the dealer in 2006 and the warranty started the day I purchase the boat. I am wondering if it will be replace by the dealer under the warranty.

Thanks,

boatless.

vogelm1
05-04-2007, 05:51 PM
They just may be...I've got an '05 too and mine look just like the day I bought the boat (almost two full years old, and I trailer exclusively). I'd be nice about it and see if they will work with you. It would probaby be a cheap way for the dealer to offer some excellent customer service if they weren't covered and just go to bat for you. Worst case is they probably aren't all that expensive if you wish to just buy new. Hope it works out for you under warranty.

TMCNo1
05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
The newer open ended caps are chrome plated plastic and will chip and crack, but MC does have replacements in stock. Warranty? If you replace them with plastics again you will have the same problem again, so go here and get some chrome plated steel ones, http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/trailer_wheels.htm
If the hole in the end is not big enough, take them to a muffler shop and have them gently open them up with the pipe spreader till they fit over the bearing buddy or oil bath cap.

Diesel
05-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Just leave them off. They are ugly anyway.

Ric
05-04-2007, 06:42 PM
I saw a 5 or 6 year old gmc truck this week on the street (2wd) that had wheels that I'd have sworn were the same as my 06MC trailer. Dunno if he got them at the same mfg. or if they were just a whole lot alike... Had a nice retro Van Halen logo on the back of his truck too... For a moment I thought it might be UMP rollin

TMCNo1
05-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Just leave them off. They are ugly anyway.

Sure, better yet, go to Wal-Mart and get them plastic chrome plated $6,000 custom wheel look-a-like Ninja spinner hubcaps sets for $38 and fit right in with the "Donks".:eek:

Jim@BAWS
05-04-2007, 10:21 PM
over the bearing buddy or oil bath cap.

Buddy Bearings WHAT ??? We have not run them in years

If the boat has been placed under warranty for less than a year, it is covered under MC's warranty. They will be covered even if it is slightly over MC will take care of it.

Jim@BAWS

boatless
05-08-2007, 11:02 AM
My dealer service guy call me back the next day. He ask me to take a picture and send it to him. That is easy enough. So, non of you guy with a 2005 trailer has the same problem ? Funny thing is, both of my open-ended center cap has the chrome coming off.

boatless.