PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda Blade Grass???

6ballsisall
05-03-2007, 09:49 PM
So this is our first experience w/ Bermuda Blade grass (here in Atlanta) and it's surely different than the Rye/Fescue we had in Indiana. When we moved in a few weeks ago I put a spring fertilizer on (drop spreader) it was Scotts brand. My front yard is turning green but it's in clumps. My backyard is still pretty crisp and the ground is really hard. Should I aerate the backyard?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
ask this guy!
http://www.crk.umn.edu/campusinfo/wkbulletin/03-04/CarlSpackler.jpg

Well its Carl Spackler bentz, its a hybrid.

6ballsisall
05-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Bueller???? Bueller???? Anyone????

Thanks for the professional advice there UMP :rolleyes: Want another Pasty??? :D

05-03-2007, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the professional advice there UMP :rolleyes: Want another Pasty??? :D
Its a hybrid, a mix of featherbed bentz, kentucky blue grass, and northern california sensumia! ;) 8p

TMCNo1
05-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Its a hybrid, a mix of featherbed bentz, kentucky blue grass, and northern california sensumia!

Can ya smoke it???????????????????:rolleyes: :D :cool:

LakePirate
05-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Your grass is fine. You probably fertilized a bit early but that is it.

Cut it really low and after the next rain shower it should green up perfectly.

05-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Your grass is fine. You probably fertilized a bit early but that is it.

Cut it really low and after the next rain shower it should green up perfectly.
Better listen to him Flounder, he is Pre-Med.

Diesel
05-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Sounds like you did not get enough nitrogen on the grass. Take a look at the Bermuda Bible http://osuextra.okstate.edu/pdfs/F-6420web.pdf

atlfootr
05-04-2007, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the professional advice there UMP :rolleyes: Want another Pasty??? :Dask atlfootr, I heard he lived in your neck okf the woods up there in Georiga .

6ballsisall
05-05-2007, 08:08 AM
ask atlfootr, I heard he lived in your neck okf the woods up there in Georiga .

:popcorn: :popcorn:

What do ya'll think about this??? http://levelturf.com/index.htm (see top dressing)

Ric
05-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Neighbor once told me regarding a new yard, "all you gotta do is mow it often. Weeds are green too."

Datdude
05-05-2007, 10:38 AM
I was hoping to be able to put my degree in Turfgrass Management to good use in this thread, but being a northern guy....I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry:rolleyes:

Doug G
05-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Neighbor once told me regarding a new yard, "all you gotta do is mow it often. Weeds are green too."

AMEN!!!! ... who cares anyway... green is green :D I have better things to do than make my grass grow better so I can cut it more often. The dog's certainly don't care.

6ballsisall
05-05-2007, 10:00 PM
AMEN!!!! ... who cares anyway... green is green :D I have better things to do than make my grass grow better so I can cut it more often. The dog's certainly don't care.

I"d give you an AMEN as well! Except the wife might make a comment that came from the 11 things a go should know thread.......:rolleyes:
Ironically Chem-lawn came knocking on my door today. Some door to door sales man (guess he forgot to read the sign to the entrance of our community about soliciting....:rolleyes: ) I think I'll give them a whirl.

atlfootr
05-06-2007, 06:26 AM
so I guess ya won't be gett'n any of my :twocents:

05-06-2007, 09:41 AM
AMEN!!!! ... who cares anyway... green is green :D
You betcha! like money baby! Green is Green!:D

TMCNo1
05-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I"d give you an AMEN as well! Except the wife might make a comment that came from the 11 things a go should know thread.......:rolleyes:
Ironically Chem-lawn came knocking on my door today. Some door to door sales man (guess he forgot to read the sign to the entrance of our community about soliciting....:rolleyes: ) I think I'll give them a whirl.

Do your research and get several prices and let them know you are talking to other companies too and ask plenty questions, especially about Japanese Beetle Grubs and other insects that they may not treat for till it's too late.
Do you have pets that are or go outdoors. Our 12 y/o Basset Hound had to be put down, because the liquid chemicals caused intestinal tumors from licking her feet dry from the dew and rain. Never again, even w/o a dog!

Ric
05-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Ironically Chem-lawn came knocking on my door today. Some door to door sales man (guess he forgot to read the sign to the entrance of our community about soliciting....:rolleyes: ) I think I'll give them a whirl. Karma has bitten me for posting in this thread. I literally just recieved a letter about "weed control" from my homeowners association...

They really should send those mealy mouthed jokers to my door for those type of "suggestions":rolleyes:

I have historically ONLY treated my san augustine grass with 19-5-9 semi annually and never used weed n feed or anything found at the box stores.

Looks like I need to take my own advise and mow more frequently so the nazis only see green in my yard next time they march past!

Bruce
05-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I strongly suspect it was not fertilized evenly. It is hard to do even be it a broadcast spreader or a drop spreader. Think of seeing clumps wherever a dog craps in your yard. Same concept.