PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Pro Star

justinglow
05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Anybody ever have to replace the center part of the floor behind the engine box? Mine was geeting weak so I pulled it out to discover it's made out of like a honeycomb metal. Any ideas what to do? I was planning on just glassing it back till I discovered it was metal.

mayo93prostar
05-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I have a 93 prostar also and have the same problem with the honeycomb floor. the screws that hold the motor box pull through because the washers are too small. I searched the threads a few months ago and I think EastTXskier said he replaced his with marine plywood and he coated it with fiberglass resin. Another TMC'er turned the floor board around 180 degrees and put the bad end back under the seat. this is what I am doing with mine for now. I would like to replace it with plywood but I am trying to salvage it and see if it will work. I am going to add a large aluminum plate under the motor box hinges to reinforce it. I sanded and wirebrushed the bottom of mine and then sprayed some spray adhesive in between the layers to try to hold them together and to hold the carpet edges back down. good luck with yours.

Footin
05-03-2007, 11:14 PM
I just fixed last week. I put a 3X36 1/8 steel plate on the bottom and drilled for the bolts to go through it. Worked great.

justinglow
05-04-2007, 12:27 AM
So you put the steel plate on the bottom side and does it sit flush with the carpet?

milkmania
05-04-2007, 12:51 AM
weird,
my 91 PS190 has this fiberglass piece instead.....
same as the front

betsy&david Harrison
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
David is calling the Teak shop today...maybe ordering a new swimstep for the boat.

east tx skier
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I searched the threads a few months ago and I think EastTXskier said he replaced his with marine plywood and he coated it with fiberglass resin.

Not exactly. I used a thin strip of plywood under the honeycomb aluminum flooring to spread out the load of the washers and nuts securing the attachment hardware. The problem is that the washers originally used were too small and put too much pressure on the floor, causing the washer and nut to pull through. While a metal plate would've been ideal, I didn't want to mess with drilling it. Wood has held fine for several seasons now.

murphfsu
05-20-2007, 09:31 AM
I had the same problem on my 93. I reinforce it with metal plates and that lasted for about a year until the entire floor started to fail. The only way to go is to replace it with the new machined aluminum from Mastercraft. I paid $160.00 and bought the floor they use in the New Mastercrafts. It comes in two pieces so you can easily access your shaft and rutter for maintenance. Fits perfect. A little costly but by far the best alternative. The floor even comes pre-drilled.

Good luck. I ordered my floor from Action Water Sports in Hudsonville, Michigan. They had it in within two days.