PDA

View Full Version : Harold......

milkmania
05-03-2007, 01:11 AM
after talking to you the other day, your battery relocation idea interests me......

sometime when you're out, could you snap a pic for me?

or if you already have one posted, please direct me there:o

also, we talked about pulling the floorboard/carpet that's forward of the engine.....
I'm going to have to pull my raw water pump, as the distance from the pylon to the aft edge of the floorboard is greater than the distance from the edge of the raw water pump to the pylon, and I can't maneuver it out otherwise:(

figured relocating the battery cables while replacing the carpeting and pulling floorboards would be a good time...

TMCNo1
05-03-2007, 07:24 AM
after talking to you the other day, your battery relocation idea interests me......

sometime when you're out, could you snap a pic for me?

or if you already have one posted, please direct me there:o

also, we talked about pulling the floorboard/carpet that's forward of the engine.....
I'm going to have to pull my raw water pump, as the distance from the pylon to the aft edge of the floorboard is greater than the distance from the edge of the raw water pump to the pylon, and I can't maneuver it out otherwise:(

figured relocating the battery cables while replacing the carpeting and pulling floorboards would be a good time...

As soon as I catch you online, I'll give you a call, I haven't relocated my battery and am confused.

billr
05-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Harold confused??? Who would have thought that!!!

milkmania
05-03-2007, 09:24 AM
As soon as I catch you online, I'll give you a call, I haven't relocated my battery and am confused.

you said your battery was under the observer's seat....
mine's at the rear by the fuel tank

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I think they mounted them up under the ob seat in earlier boats Milk, mine has the same placement as yours, on the port side of hte fuel tank. I think they changed it around 1991. Not sure. Why do you want to change it? the spot under the seat is pretty handy for a beer cooler or storage.

milkmania
05-03-2007, 10:44 AM
I think they mounted them up under the ob seat in earlier boats Milk, mine has the same placement as yours, on the port side of hte fuel tank. I think they changed it around 1991. Not sure. Why do you want to change it? the spot under the seat is pretty handy for a beer cooler or storage.

well, if I could ever find a RELIABLE battery, I wouldn't have to pull my rear bench so much:rant:

maybe I should check to see if I have something draining the battery:o

Diesel
05-03-2007, 11:40 AM
well, if I could ever find a RELIABLE battery, I wouldn't have to pull my rear bench so much:rant:

Talk about a lot of work to treat the symptom not the actual problem. No healthy battery should drain between outings. Identify the real problem and fix it. :)

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Try this.........

TMCNo1
05-03-2007, 12:37 PM

On my '89 the factory location for the battery is in a well under the observer seat in the middle of the boat, forward of the pylon and just aft of where the vent hoses, steering cable, throttle cable and wiring goes thru a vinyl sleeve into the bilge.

TMCNo1
05-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Try this.........

I've been using the Battery Tender Plus Battery Maintainer for 7 years now during the winter in the van, lawn mower and boat battery, by placing it on for 3 weeks at a time then moving to another battery. They are the life of a battery, as my original '98 John Deere battery will be 9 years old this month and it started the mower this morning.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I've been using the Battery Tender Plus Battery Maintainer for 7 years now during the winter in the van, lawn mower and boat battery, by placing it on for 3 weeks at a time then moving to another battery. They are the life of a battery, as my original '98 John Deere battery will be 9 years old this month and it started the mower this morning.

Same here #1 whole lot cheaper than batteries. :D

Maristar210
05-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Same here #1 whole lot cheaper than batteries. :D

I have one too. I like it...:D