PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got an idea...

blackbeauty02
05-02-2007, 11:21 PM
...about how much my boat is worth? 92 Prostar 205 with 600 hours on it. Monster tower and racks. Just put a new transmission in it with less than 20 hours on it. This probably doesn't make a difference but it had custom ostrich skin interior. I want to make sure when the claims adjustor calls me and tries to undercut me with a low price I can tell him to shove it up his... Also can everyone tell me what boats I should be looking at? I would like to stay with a MC but would also like to look at others as well. I've heard good things about AN, tige, and malibu. Just want to know what to look at and what to stay away from. Thanks guys.

JohnE
05-02-2007, 11:31 PM
I'd guess it is worth $13 - $15K. But I'm just guessing. The more knowledgeable guys will chime in.

blackbeauty02
05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
anybody else?

M-Funf
05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I thought your boat was stolen?

edit: never mind...I see what y'er askin now...

ttu
05-03-2007, 06:29 PM
i am going to take a big guess (insurance agent) used to be a mean bad adjuster.

it is going to depend on if you had a stated value policy or a actual cash value policy.

i do know when i was the bad guy (adjuster) and we would deal with someone with a total loss on a acv policy (99.9% of autos) if someone came to me and said i just had the transmission replaced for let's say 2K, we would usually allow them 1/2 that amount back on our apprasial. reason being the vehicle would not be functional if the transmisson did not work. hope that make sense.

good luck to you. i am suprised the okc police have not found that boat.

Sodar
05-03-2007, 06:43 PM
My buddy just had his boat stolen. He had a killer policy and got the price he paid for it last March ($11k), the price of reupholstery ($4k) and the price of the newer outboard that he had just put on it ($8k). He was stoked to see his full investment come back.