PDA

View Full Version : Spade Edging?

Rockman
05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Alright, before the weather gets too warm here and we hit the lake and river, I need to get a little yard work done.

Does any have or know if there is a machine to do Spade Edging? Someone had told me there was something that could be bought or rented to save the time of doing it by hand with a shovel.

The first time we edged we did it by hand and even though it looked awesome, it took a long time.

Let me know what you use or heard about.

Thanks!

milkmania
05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
you mean like a powered edger???

my Grandpa had one made by King O' Lawn, with a 3 hp Briggs & Stratton

don't know if the still make them......

google.... get ready!

bfinley
05-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I've rented one of these before: http://www.brownmfgcorp.com/bededger/index.html

Works like a champ - much less time involved.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-02-2007, 03:55 PM
What exactly do you mean by spade edging? :confused: I dont get what you are trying to do Rock. :confused:

milkmania
05-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Alright, before the weather gets too warm here and we hit the lake and river, I need to get a little yard work done.

Does any have or know if there is a machine to do Spade Edging? Someone had told me there was something that could be bought or rented to save the time of doing it by hand with a shovel.

The first time we edged we did it by hand and even though it looked awesome, it took a long time.

Let me know what you use or heard about.

Thanks!

oh man, you really brought back some good childhood memories for me:)

when I was a kid, I used to mow my grandpa's lawn with one of these....

Rockman
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I've rented one of these before: http://www.brownmfgcorp.com/bededger/index.html

Works like a champ - much less time involved.

That's exactly what I was looking for! Sweet!

Ump, check the link and you'll see what I was referring to.

Thanks BF!

TMCNo1
05-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Our entire lawn is edged like that and I did it with a weedeater with the string vertically, in the early spring when the ground is moist and soft`many moons ago. But remember, as you trim every time you mow, you will eat away a minute amount of grass and soil along the edge and your natural area will grow 2" or 3" a year depending on how aggressive you are with your weedeater. Then I just mow along the edge of the natural area and I have a nice square cut along the edge.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Geez........ Technology today.... It's hard to keep up

Leroy
05-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I like the Bededger, may have to see if the local tool rental has one!

Ric
05-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Our entire lawn is edged like that and I did it with a weedeater with the string vertically, in the early spring when the ground is moist and soft`many moons ago. But remember, as you trim every time you mow, you will eat away a minute amount of grass and soil along the edge and your natural area will grow 2" or 3" a year depending on how aggressive you are with your weedeater. Then I just mow along the edge of the natural area and I have a nice square cut along the edge. that sounds exactly like what chuy does to my lawn! Coincidence?

Harvey
05-03-2007, 01:43 PM
oh man, you really brought back some good childhood memories for me:)

when I was a kid, I used to mow my grandpa's lawn with one of these....

I used to mow my grandfathers lawn with something similar, but when I was finished mowing it we would cut holes in it and practice our putting strokes. He had one of the nicest putting surfaces I had ever set foot on.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Now I am completely lost.:confused: How does that lawnmower help you edge the lawn. UMP is a Yankee and even he is having trouble understanding. Does Microsoft have a program that will auto translate Yankee for us southern folks. :D ;)