PDA

View Full Version : Boat Buddy

tex
05-02-2007, 01:00 PM
My boat buddy needs to be replaced. I towed with the pin engaged and it is bent. It engaged the other day as I was pulling the boat off the trailer and is done. I have a great 2002 197. Do I need the BB1 or BB2? Anybody got an idea what came on them? I could walk out and look at mine but that would be too easy.

ttu
05-02-2007, 01:34 PM
bb2 i think, i just bought a new one from bass prop shops for 75.00

db

pilot02
05-02-2007, 01:53 PM
You need the "II" which is for a 1/2" bow eye and has the larger pin. The "I" is for the smaller 3/8 bow eye and doesn't have enough capacity for these boats. I found out the hard way when I converted my trailer to a Boat buddy set up and got the "I" before I knew better.

east tx skier
05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Tex, the place that invented boat buddy is right there in Fort Worth. Call them. They can get you what you need for your BBII. www.kodiaktrailer.com

milkmania
05-02-2007, 02:38 PM
I load just like the video shows....... except I don't hit the boat buddy as hard

http://www.kodiaktrailer.com/images/stories/video/boatbuddy.wmv

when the tow vehicle drivers hears the snap, we're outta there!:headbang:

32offer
05-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I have the same problem with mine. I called the Kodiak Trailer place and they said they could try to repair it, or you would have to buy a new one. They said replacement parts are not available. Sending it in and waiting for them to repair is probably not an option, especially this time of year.

tex
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Paid a visit to Kodiak Trailer today. They make Boat Buddy. I got to ask some questions that have been asked in other threads. First-BB 2 is on all new MASTERCRAFTS. Second-Do you tow with the pin engaged or not.-It's up to you but if you tow with it engaged, make sure that the bow ring is not touching the pin. This will result in the bending of the pin(which some of us know from experience). A bunch of good guys!

TMCNo1
05-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I load just like the video shows....... except I don't hit the boat buddy as hard

URL="http://www.kodiaktrailer.com/images/stories/video/boatbuddy.wmv"]http://www.kodiaktrailer.com/images/stories/video/boatbuddy.wmv[/URL]
when the tow vehicle drivers hears the snap, we're outta there!:headbang:

Finally something to show loading a boat with the Boat Buddy is not in the catagory of a "Joie Chitwood Car Driving Thrill Show" or some type of high speed boat stunt driving manuever.

Sodar
05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Finally something to show loading a boat with the Boat Buddy is not in the catagory of a "Joie Chitwood Car Driving Thrill Show" or some type of high speed boat stunt driving manuever.

No Kidding... not nearly the brain surgery it is made out to be!!!! I used my BB on my new boat for the first time this weekend and she worked great! The ramp was a little flat though, so I really had to goose it up there, but it worked!!

east tx skier
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Paid a visit to Kodiak Trailer today. They make Boat Buddy. I got to ask some questions that have been asked in other threads. First-BB 2 is on all new MASTERCRAFTS. Second-Do you tow with the pin engaged or not.-It's up to you but if you tow with it engaged, make sure that the bow ring is not touching the pin. This will result in the bending of the pin(which some of us know from experience). A bunch of good guys!

Hope you gave them the business about not offering a poly, non-maring shroud!

They said replacement parts are not available.

As far as replacement parts, they may not offer the guts, but they do offer the shroud only option. My original guts still work great, so paying $29 versus $75 was a good thing.

Sodar
05-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Doug, have you asked, why their shroud is such a PITA!!!!

rstitson
05-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I tow with mine in. Otherwise where would be the saftey? There is no chain with the mastercraft trailers. I do take the pressure off with the winch. Since I walk on the boat to the trailer I would probably rather have the chain.... Old Style

TMCNo1
05-02-2007, 07:03 PM
I tow with mine in. Otherwise where would be the saftey? There is no chain with the mastercraft trailers. I do take the pressure off with the winch. Since I walk on the boat to the trailer I would probably rather have the chain.... Old Style

Why not install a safety chain or cable?