PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform Brackets for '92 PS 190

parkcityeric
05-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have or know where to get swim platform brackets for a '92 PS 190? We mainly need the driver's side bracket for the boat and teak platform but could purchase the complete set if available.

robisjo
05-01-2007, 02:22 PM
I would try the dealer. Back in 2000, I order new ones for my 85 from the dealer.

jraben8
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Dealer had brackets for me too.

I was silly enough not to notice that the platform bracket wasn't fully seated when I put the pin in so the bracket was actually sitting on top of the pin... At least until it wasn't anymore....

airwear
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Look on eBay, I saw some on there very recently.

east tx skier
05-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't know if these brackets will fit your mounts, but ...

http://www.alloymarine.com/

EJ OJPROP
05-02-2007, 07:49 AM
We have a new platform bracket that will be available in the next month or so. I will have product info on the site soon.

mbeach
05-02-2007, 08:57 AM
i have a pair of non-removable brackets from my 98 sportstar. they were replaced by a pair of removable ones. noticed you are in park city, ut. used to ski the little & big cottonwood canyon areas when i was younger and all body parts functioned correctly. anyway, i believe i ordered my removable brackets from a dealer in salt lake city. might want to check it out.

87MCProstar
05-02-2007, 09:25 AM
You could always go to a local welder. They should have spare aluminum around to make new brackets. I did that for my hand rails, charged me for the labor since the metal was scrap.
Tim

74stars
05-02-2007, 02:13 PM
FYI- I had just ordered a full set of removable brackets from alloymarine- all four pieces $211.00 plus shipping.

alp
05-04-2007, 10:39 AM
I just ordered an OEM set for a 92 from an MC dealer. The pieces which attach to the transom are not pre-drilled. I was told the screws go into a plate embedded in the transom. No need to take out fuel tank.

Any recommendations on installation?

1. Drilling the holes?
2. Mounting to the transom - should I use marine caulk or silicone between the brackets and transom?

Ryan
05-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I just ordered an OEM set for a 92 from an MC dealer. The pieces which attach to the transom are not pre-drilled. I was told the screws go into a plate embedded in the transom. No need to take out fuel tank.

Any recommendations on installation?

1. Drilling the holes?
2. Mounting to the transom - should I use marine caulk or silicone between the brackets and transom?

Are they from Southeastern Foundries? I ordered a set from a dealer six months ago and it sounds like the same set. My two plans - though if you've read my ebay boat listing you'd know neither has happened yet - are either take off the old plate and trace the pattern on paper, tape the paper on aft face of the new plate and drill through the paper, or place a small bead of rubber cement around or in the mounting holes on the boat then lightly press the new plates up against them; once dry drill through the forward side (side that mates with the boat) of the plate and counter sink the aft side. It will leave correct markings for the holes to be drilled - the rubber cement peals right off the boat. Clear as mud?

They've got to be good and accurate, if you have a slight variance in drilled holes and the platform will have a heck of a time getting into places. Yes, I'd put some silicone caulking bewteen the mounting plate and the boat.

parkcityeric
05-08-2007, 12:35 AM
I was able to get them at the local MC dealer . . . they just happened to have some around. I think the cost was about $60.00 for both the mounting piece on the transom and the bracket for the platform. We only needed the driver side as the passenger side was spared.

Thank-you for the information, Eric