PDA

View Full Version : 245 Multi -Tach gauges not showing up

Norris
05-01-2007, 12:05 PM
On the Tachometer there are Hours, Air, Clock. I can not get the lake temp to show up. What am I missing. Do I hold down the selection toggle?:confused:

Also to adjust the speedometer do I adjust by the two toggles? I did this last year but forgot and the manual not to clear?

rick s.
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
adjust the speedo by using the speedo button, which on my boat is to the right of the steering wheel, bottom of the dash. I have a handheld gps that I use to calibrate the speedo with.

next to the speedo button there is a display button. on my boat that cycles thru water temp, time, depth...not sure what else.

Norris
05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I need a little more detail...

Mag_Red
05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I need a little more detail...It's pretty much like he said. If I remember correctly, on my 209 I have a set of three little toggle switched mounted towards the bottom right side of my dash. The center one will change the display on the tach to read air temp / water temp / engine hours / depth / clock. The other two outer switches are for setting your speedometer.......the left switch will lower the indicated speed and the right one will raise the indicated speed by 1/10 MPH every time you press it. ( something like this) Clear enough?????

Norris
05-01-2007, 03:53 PM
It's pretty much like he said. If I remember correctly, on my 209 I have a set of three little toggle switched mounted towards the bottom right side of my dash. The center one will change the display on the tach to read air temp / water temp / engine hours / depth / clock. The other two outer switches are for setting your speedometer.......the left switch will lower the indicated speed and the right one will raise the indicated speed by 1/10 MPH every time you press it. ( something like this) Clear enough?????

For Example - While running 30mph as shown on the speedometer I look at the GPS showing 35 mph. If I want to mate the two to show 35mph on the speedometer I would toggle the right toggle switch till they align?

On the other question on where the reading for lake temp has gone any ideas? Would holding down the selection toggle help?

Mag_Red
05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
For Example - While running 30mph as shown on the speedometer I look at the GPS showing 35 mph. If I want to mate the two to show 35mph on the speedometer I would toggle the right toggle switch till they align?

On the other question on where the reading for lake temp has gone any ideas? Would holding down the selection toggle help?I believe that is correct on the speed question...at least that is how mine works. Maybe you don't have a sensor for the lake temp.....I don't know.:confused: You just press the center switch once to toggle to the next reading. Mine will say "air" 78 or "lake" 75 Been so long since I've seen the display.........just going from memory here

Norris
05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
We did have the lake temp after the air temp but now its gone after 2 years!! Its has to be some kind of combination of holding down a toggle or something....I must have hit something somewhere but its diving me crazy not having it since all day last weekend I was asked "what is the water temp?".

WTRSK1R
05-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Its possible that the sensor is shot, or maybe you have a bad connection. The sensor is built into the paddle wheel, so I would start by taking a look at the connections down near the paddle wheel just to make sure you do not have a pin pushed out of a plug or something. If the speedo is still working, it would seem unlikely, but then again, strange things can happen.

Steve

Norris
05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Yes this is really odd.