PDA

View Full Version : Any literature for '79 S&S ed?

rOtUn
05-01-2007, 03:02 AM
I just bought a 1979 Stars & Stripes ed. for $500! Previous owner had the engine rebuilt by a local shop ($2300) a year ago and never got around to getting it back in the water, he only set the motor back in! Anyway I'm looking for any literature available on this year/model. It has the 351W and VelvetDrive in it. I already found the 14 page PDF from the MC website.

rOtUn
05-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Here's a pic.

Slinkyredfoot
05-01-2007, 08:27 AM
I have all of the original manuals that came with my 79SS when I bought it new, including engine and transmission manual, and the small boat owners manual booklet that really does not supply a whole lot of info. If I can help let me know....

H20skeefreek
05-01-2007, 08:29 AM
is that yellow with black? I've never seen that color combo before. I'd love to have that one.

rOtUn
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Slinky... thanks for the offer. Can you check if there's an "ISBN" number on your manuals?

H2O......Yeah, it's yellow and black, however the yellow is a faded canary yellow and the previous owner painted black over the black stripes that had the stars. There are some spots on the side where the "post factory applied" black paint has worn off and I can still see a few of the stars as well as the sparkle glitter. Not sure what to do at this point....repaint or just clean up as best as it could be. I'm worried about repainting due to the textured top of the deck and being able to get at the low spots.

Slinkyredfoot
05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Slinky... thanks for the offer. Can you check if there's an "ISBN" number on your manuals?

H2O......Yeah, it's yellow and black, however the yellow is a faded canary yellow and the previous owner painted black over the black stripes that had the stars. There are some spots on the side where the "post factory applied" black paint has worn off and I can still see a few of the stars as well as the sparkle glitter. Not sure what to do at this point....repaint or just clean up as best as it could be. I'm worried about repainting due to the textured top of the deck and being able to get at the low spots.

Not sure what a ISBN number is nor do I see one on any of my manuals???

rOtUn
05-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for checking, maybe '79 was before the ISBN started. It would be on the front or rear cover and would say "ISBN #######". It's like a SKU # for books, each has it's own i.d. for easier locating.

Thanks again.