PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Guages are off...

nuckinfutz
05-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Has anyone else experienced the Ballast gauges reading improperly? It seems like every time I empty my ballast, the gauge still reads 1/4 or so.

04 X-Star just in case it matters.

Pipe in and be heard... (UMP wait at least 5 postings before changing the subject...:D )

Thanks in advance
Jason

sand2snow22
05-01-2007, 01:33 AM
You need to re-calibrate them......Only problem is, I have no idea how to do it? :o

MYMC
05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
There are high and low adjustment screws on top of the sending units for each tank, adjust accordingly.

dreamy_x15
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I just bought an 06 x15 and my ballast gauges are off also. The dealer said that the float needs to get used a few times before it loosens up and becomes more accurate. Just curious if that sounds true or BS? I don't want to drive around the lake with a bunch of water in the ballast which is going to give me worse gas mileage. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread. Thanks Josh

djhuff
05-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Guages or not, when you empty them, turn it off when the water stops coming out, no matter what the guage says.

MYMC
05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
I just bought an 06 x15 and my ballast gauges are off also. The dealer said that the float needs to get used a few times before it loosens up and becomes more accurate. Just curious if that sounds true or BS? I don't want to drive around the lake with a bunch of water in the ballast which is going to give me worse gas mileage. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread. Thanks Josh
Since there are no floats I would say the meter is pegged! Dirty water will cause them to become inaccurate and salt water will kill them.

skeeler
05-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I think what I have found out over the past ten years.......is that all analog gauges from ever boat manufactures are off. Whether it's a gas gauge, ballast gauge, or whatever. :D

wakeunion
05-01-2007, 02:10 PM
My center ballast gauge didn't work at all upon the maiden voyage. When I get the 20hr service... we're gonna take a look at it.