PDA

View Full Version : Driver Seat Removal

T Scott
04-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Is there an easy way to remove the driver seat on a 1995 Prostar 190? I am taking the seat to the upholsterer and have found the only way to do this is to try and unscrew the seat from the rails on the UNDERSIDE of the seat. That leave me about 3 inches to work!! There has to be an easier way!

Tom

JKTX21
04-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing on Saturday. Then I thought, "Hmmm, I will let the upholsterer do it when I get the whole boat done!"

Looks like you could unscrew the whole base, but I haven't done this.

milkmania
04-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Is there an easy way to remove the driver seat on a 1995 Prostar 190? I am taking the seat to the upholsterer and have found the only way to do this is to try and unscrew the seat from the rails on the UNDERSIDE of the seat. That leave me about 3 inches to work!! There has to be an easier way!

Tom
not sure what the difference is......but on my 1991 PS190, I unscrewed the base from the floor (Stainless Phillips screws), then flipped the seat over and removed the 4 nuts on the slide bolts. then took the slide screws out...

I can snap a pic of disassembled base if needed, but "Jim the Upholstery Guy" has the actual seat.

JKTX21
04-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Here's an old thread I found.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1522&highlight=seat+removal

T Scott
04-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks JKTX21! I read through the old thread you referenced and found the info I needed. Driver seat is off!!!

Thanks Guys!