PDA

View Full Version : 2002 X Star Fuel Gauge

txwakebrds
04-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Hello,

I searched and read the post about fuel gauges showing full. I did not see a post about the fuel sender I have. I do not have a float or magnet, it is a centroid design so there is no float. If someone has had problems with the sender showing full let me know what you did to test or if there is a post I missed let me know.

Thanks,

- Jay

txwakebrds
05-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Looks like I fixed it, got a jug and filled it up with gas and calibrated the full and empty. Nice cheap fix.

- Jay

beatle78
05-28-2007, 01:19 PM
txwakebrds, how did you calibrate the guage?

This sounds like something I will be plagued with sooner than later in my 2001 205V

TMCNo1
05-29-2007, 09:03 AM
txwakebrds, how did you calibrate the gauge?

This sounds like something I will be plagued with sooner than later in my 2001 205V

He explained his procedure in post #2.
You don't, can't, calibrate the gauge itself, you adjust the float level on the sending unit and it reflects the changes made when you read the gauge.

etakk7
05-29-2007, 09:11 AM
txwakeboards,

where is the sending unit on your boat and do you have any detail of how to get to it and/or adjust the float level?

beatle78
05-31-2007, 12:43 PM
thanks TMC, that's what I was looking for. I wanted to know how to adjust the calibration and adjusting the float seems to be the way.

But it sounds to me like the float got stuck in the up position and that "calibrating it" in txwakebrds might have just been a case of freeing up the float......

My fuel guage us reading full right now and the tank it 1/2 full. I'm thinking there must be something wrong with either the float or the sending unit..... right?