PDA

View Full Version : carpal tunnel

jmac197
04-30-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm currently recovering from carpal and cubital tunnel release and an ulnar nerve transposition. I'm wondering how long this takes to recover from.

I had the surgery on Thursday. The dr says 2 months until I can get on the water. What has been your experience with returning to semi-normal activities like putting a shower in the boat?

I ave a bunc of chores that I need to get done. I hate the waiting!!

Thanks
Jim

tommcat
04-30-2007, 11:15 AM
I am getting ready to go in for my carpal surgery. what exactly is the cubital and ulnar problem you had?

tom

WakeSeeky
04-30-2007, 11:24 AM
I had exactly the same surgery a few... well, more than a few years ago now. I believe the carpal tunnel procedure, at least, is done a little differently now. I have a 4 inch scar on the palm of my hand but I'd bet you have a much smaller incision. So my experience may not be exactly like yours, but I'm sorry to say that in my case my doctor was right and I was pretty limited for at least 2 months after the surgery. Pushing too fast (which I did) did NOT decrease the time it took to heal. :o

PT is awful, but it does help a lot. I got mobility back fairly quickly, strength took longer. Good luck with your recovery, I know it isn't fun.

jmac197
04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
cubital tunnel is the cavity that the ulnar nerve lives. the ulnar nerve works tha pinky and ring finger and runs along the back of the elbow. its the nerve that you hit when you hit the funny bone. they moved the nerve from the back of the elbow to the front.

tommcat
04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
What symptoms were you having from the elbow problem? i have been tested and have severe damage on the carpal tunnel but it seems like there is more wrong further up my arm than just that.