PDA

View Full Version : Audi Diesel

Smitty
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
What is the word on the new VW diesel engine that MC is offering? Has anyone had an opportunity to test drive? What is the most suitable application for this engine?

http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=WorldApart&sub=power

BrianM
04-29-2007, 12:02 AM
What is the word on the new VW diesel engine that MC is offering?

The word is BIG $$$$$. Like $25k+

H20skeefreek
04-29-2007, 09:30 AM
The best application for a diesel engine is to run the Boilermaker Special down to Bloomington and whoop on the hoosiers.

Smitty
04-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Bring it on baby. I didn't realize this was going to turn into a rivalry debate. They must have the boilermaker special retrofitted for bio-fuel since all I smell is crap.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, if you can't stuff a Duramax, Cummins, Cat, or International engine in there, I suppose one of those would do. Although the Bluetec would be the better choice if it had to be something other than the first 4 choices.

88 PS190
04-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I want one for sure.

I definately would love running it on biodiesel, its safe even if you dump it in the water... atleast mostly safe.

Leroy
04-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Smitty;

My oldest son decided on IU and will be there this fall.

They will come down to normal prices and will be know as an engine that will last forever.

H20skeefreek
04-30-2007, 08:14 AM
lol, every time I see a post from you, I just makes me want to start trash talking IU, just kidding of course. I look forward to the day when diesel engines in the states come down to a reasonable price and we can all run bio. There is NO reason why a diesel should be more expensive.

And Leroy, I've said it before, but sorry your son chose IU. I'm sure that after a few years of wasting your money at IU, he'll decide to head up north to West Lafayette and go to a real school. Don't worry, most credits will transfer.