PDA

View Full Version : Ipod.............................................. ...???

Workin' 4 Toys
04-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Do any of you have more than one ipod?

Where do you use your ipod most?

onewheat
04-28-2007, 10:08 PM
We have a Photo, Nano and several shuffles. I use my Photo the most - every day at work, all day long, plugged into a pair of powered computer speakers. It is also used in the car/truck on any type of trip and also the main source of tunes in the boat. My son uses his Nano to and from school mainly and wife occasionally uses the shuffles while walking or hooked into the home intercom system for whole house tunes.

I love my ipod! It beats the hell out of carrying CD's, XM (which I love, esp. Opie and Anthony on XM202) and the useless FM radio stations and their retarded DJ's who laugh incessantly at their own dumb jokes.

I just ordered the Clarion interface for the ipod this morning so I can control it from the transom remote while out relaxing in the lake with my drink of chioce! :D

88 PS190
04-28-2007, 10:15 PM
just one, a mini, use it while biking, and for in the car.

X2M
04-28-2007, 10:35 PM
We have 5 ipods in the family. 2 mini's and 3 shuffles (by the way, one of the shuffles is still in the original packaging if anyone is in the market for one).

I use my mini all the time. While walking the dog and cleaning the house, etc. I even recently borrowed a book on cd from the library and put it on my ipod to listen to.

We take one of the mini's out on the boat for our source of music too.

:)

east tx skier
04-28-2007, 10:47 PM
We have two. I have a 30 gig video. My wife got a 2 gig Nano because we figured she'd lose it pretty quick. Haven't seen hers since about two months after she got it.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Is there a trick to loading tunes on more than one unit? Or is it plug and play regardless of how many you have? Assuming you have the tunes loaded on one computer that is.

cdstukey
04-28-2007, 11:22 PM
If you turn off the auto update feature you can manually load what different songs/videos you want on each ipod from the same computer.

Mag_Red
04-29-2007, 12:50 AM
I still yet to buy one of these new fangled devices. Waiting still they work the bugs out:D

X2M
04-29-2007, 01:25 AM
We have one music library (itunes) that holds everything. Makes it easy to pick which songs we want to put on our ipods.

:)

ski_king
04-29-2007, 08:18 AM
We don't have any I-Pods, but we do have 3 Sandisk MP3 Players. The latest is a Sansa Express, great player for $60.00.

Skibumtx
04-29-2007, 08:52 AM
We have 3 Nanos and a shuffle. Got the Nanos for my daughters just before we went to Singapore last X-mas. Worked out great, they listened to them all the way there without complaining of being bored! My wife uses her's when she runs. The old shuffle had battery problems, I think it was sweat shorting it out. The Nanos work great and have a long battery life. We have all the music on one PC, with a different profile for each one and a different set of favorites for each.
All of our CDs are loaded and we found i-Tunes easier to get songs from than trying to find them free on the internet.

I have a cassette adapter in the truck and a new radio in the boat that I can plug it into. Our lake is in the middle of no where, so the radio is useless.

jlf
04-29-2007, 09:01 AM
we have two, a 30 gig video and a 4 gig Nano (they came out with the 8 gig right after I got mine). I use mine all the time, walking, at work. We use the 30 gig for the boat and trips. We have the 30 gig hard wired right into the boat's stereo and have a mounted holder for it right on the dash. We also have one computer for both I-pods have it set to manually update and when you plug them in the computer knows which one is plugged in. We have over 3500 songs in our main library and mine (the nano) will only hold about a 1000 songs so I have to create playlists to put on mine. I love it, I only wish I'd waited like two more weeks, I could've had the 8 gig Nano.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-29-2007, 09:43 AM
I have a 60 gig photo ipod, my dad & Ms.UMP have a nanos. They kick arse! I have like 4500 songs on mine so far. My entire music collection travels everywhere with me. :) I use it everywhere. Best invention since the wheel!:D

tex
04-29-2007, 09:47 AM
We have 2 nanos. I have 2 of the adapters that plug into your lighter to run the ipod in the car or boat. My problem is that my boat blows the fuse in the thing when I plug it in. I guess Mastercraft is too powerful!

bret
04-29-2007, 10:36 AM
3 - 80 g ipod, a 2g Nano and our child has a shuffle. gym, flying (my 80g), shuffle in the car on long drives, plus XM.

JohnnyB
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I still yet to buy one of these new fangled devices. Waiting still they work the bugs out:D

This is my story, too.

Finally bought a digital camera about 5mos ago...now I don't know how I lived without one.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-29-2007, 09:28 PM
So if I already have one (Finally installed the battery today) and I get two more ipods, all I have to do is plug them in and use itunes to load em up?

And I was thinking of getting either the Bose sounddock or Bose wave with dock. Anyone have any input on either?

Skibumtx
04-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Just plug them in and name them, each one has a serial number and is unique.

Leroy
04-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Its from Apple, easy to use, no bugs that you will notice!

We have 4, VPOD, two gen 4 IPODs and NANO. I have one of the gen 4 IPODs that had a broke screen and fixed it. Use it on the plane, mowing grass, biking, and would on the boat if I had an interface for the Clarion.

Ryan27r
04-29-2007, 11:00 PM
2 minis 1 30 2 80,'s and 2 shuffles(found one at the bank in the change counter)

Kell
04-30-2007, 12:43 AM
2 8meg, 2G Nanos here, one of the better purchases we have made. We both use them constantly. Just need to figure out how to get them to work in the 99 Maristar/Clarion radio.

Leroy
04-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey Kell;

If you find out let me know, will probably help me in my 2001 230. FM radio is the only simple solution I know of.

Sodar
04-30-2007, 12:48 AM
I have a 60 gig iPod Video, which I use the majority of the time and then I have a Shuffle for running and working out... love them both for their respective reasons. I also LOVE Apple, so it makes me feel good to take marketshare away from MS!!! :D :D

djhuff
04-30-2007, 08:27 AM
I just got a 30G video, got it for Christmas. Didn't really see the need for one, but I love the fact that I can have ALL of my music with me at all times.

I also got a 80GB external hard drive to hold all of the music so that it is not cluttering up my computer.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-30-2007, 09:24 AM
No suggestions on the Bose Soundock or Wave? Don't any of you use them in the house?

east tx skier
04-30-2007, 09:59 AM
No suggestions on the Bose Soundock or Wave? Don't any of you use them in the house?

A friend of mine has the Bose and it sounds very good. I've got the clock (it's not the i-home). I think it's the I-luv, which is no longer available. Much less expensive than the I-home and sounds/works great.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I-LUV huh........

Any chance they operate out of Indianapolis....I'd guess HB came up with the name.:rolleyes:

jlf
05-01-2007, 08:36 AM
We don't use the I pods in the house, the whole music library is on the computer so we have our computer hooked up to our receiver and we use the computer for the music in the house. We have a lab top so it's easy to move around the house. You can do the same things with the I-pod. The screen is bigger on the computer, easier for me to read and it's easier to find music if you aren't just letting it play random. When we went to Bristol, we just hooked the Ipod up to the receiver and then we had all our music available.

JBaker
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
60G photo and 2G Nano w/ NIKE+. The 60G never leaves the car/boat except to be updated. Airport express with Airtunes for the house (greatest $100 ever spent, period.) Waiting for the next gen. iPod to upgrade the photo. Macrumors keeps telling me its coming...but I think its worth holding out for an iPod where the entire face is the screen-a touch screen at that. Gotta love Apple...

tex
05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
60G photo and 2G Nano w/ NIKE+. The 60G never leaves the car/boat except to be updated. Airport express with Airtunes for the house (greatest $100 ever spent, period.) Waiting for the next gen. iPod to upgrade the photo. Macrumors keeps telling me its coming...but I think its worth holding out for an iPod where the entire face is the screen-a touch screen at that. Gotta love Apple...
Break the Airport express with Airtunes down to english. I would love to know what the benefits are. I'm terrible with electronics-

WAT8415
05-01-2007, 06:41 PM
I have the 2 Gig Nano, actually it is my 2nd one, and if I loose/break this one I will replace it immediately. I listen to audio books a lot from audible.com. My stereo in the car and boat both have the IPOD connection.

JBaker
05-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Break the Airport express with Airtunes down to english. I would love to know what the benefits are. I'm terrible with electronics-

The airport express is really simple. It is a wireless basestation that looks like a like a large power plug or airfreshner that plugs into an outlet. It has three ports: USB to connect any USB printer and then anyone in the house (that has a wireless card) can print wirelessly, Ethernet jack to connect to any high speed modem (cable, DSL, etc.) internet wireless, and an 1/8" stereo mini jack which can be connected to the inputs of any stereo.

Once you have it set up you name the network and the room that its in. Then when you go into iTunes there will be a drop down menu that will default to "computer" but you will be able to change it to any room that you have set up an airport express in, such as "family room." My laptop is essentially my wireless jukebox. I pick the song and the room.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=182E4B7C&nplm=M9470LL/A

Sodar
05-02-2007, 11:01 AM
The airport express is really simple. It is a wireless basestation that looks like a like a large power plug or airfreshner that plugs into an outlet. It has three ports: USB to connect any USB printer and then anyone in the house (that has a wireless card) can print wirelessly, Ethernet jack to connect to any high speed modem (cable, DSL, etc.) internet wireless, and an 1/8" stereo mini jack which can be connected to the inputs of any stereo.

Once you have it set up you name the network and the room that its in. Then when you go into iTunes there will be a drop down menu that will default to "computer" but you will be able to change it to any room that you have set up an airport express in, such as "family room." My laptop is essentially my wireless jukebox. I pick the song and the room.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=182E4B7C&nplm=M9470LL/A

And you can link multiple Airport Expresses together, to play the same music off several different stereos... great for parties and such...

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, I got the second unit finally. And after I downloaded the newest itunes..."Itunes" couldn't find my music files...That was weird:confused: . I had to dig around some and as I selected each song file it would play and load back into itunes. Not sure what went wrong, but having to do that was a pain in the arse. 2500 songs/files later its back up and running with two ipods. Now, I hope when the 3rd one comes in I won't have to do that again.

east tx skier
05-02-2007, 02:39 PM
I-LUV huh........

Any chance they operate out of Indianapolis....I'd guess HB came up with the name.:rolleyes:

Must have! 8p

All I know is the thing works like a charm and was $25 cheaper than the one i-home has been selling.

http://www.yourkidsdirect.com/yourkids/assets/product_images/43454_f.jpg

bcampbe7
06-14-2007, 11:39 PM
So I think I am finally going to break down and buy an 4GB iPod Nano (actually the wife is buying me one for Father's day :cool: )

I am considering a refurbished one from the Apple store. It has the same warranty as a new one would and comes with all the manuals and accessories as a new one would and it's $70 cheaper.

Does anyone think a refurbished one is a bad idea?

tex
06-14-2007, 11:42 PM
I have 2 and I love to sit on my back porch and listen to it as I smoke cigars and drink martinis. I also love to rock out in the boat now that my problem is fixed!

onewheat
06-14-2007, 11:49 PM

Same warranty and includes everything a new one does? I'd do it in a heartbeat to save $70.

bcampbe7
06-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Same warranty and includes everything a new one does? I'd do it in a heartbeat to save $70.

That's what I think too. :cool:

Chicago190
06-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm on my 2nd iPod. First was a non-video that burned out after about 2,000 hours of use. I've been using a 30gb video for the last 10 months and probably have about 500 hours of trouble free use with it. As you can tell I use mine for just about everything. I walk with it to work and class, have direct hookups in all cars/boats I drive, and use it whenever I'm around a stereo that isn't hooked up to my computer.

bigmac
06-15-2007, 02:02 AM
We don't use the I pods in the house, the whole music library is on the computer so we have our computer hooked up to our receiver and we use the computer for the music in the house. We have a lab top so it's easy to move around the house. You can do the same things with the I-pod. The screen is bigger on the computer, easier for me to read and it's easier to find music if you aren't just letting it play random. When we went to Bristol, we just hooked the Ipod up to the receiver and then we had all our music available.Airtunes from an Airport Express, which also acts as an range-extending access point for the main Airport Extreme. That way not limited to just one computer - any of the computers in the house can run their iTunes playlists through the home theater system, or whatever sound system is hooked up to the Airport Express.

bigmac
06-15-2007, 02:11 AM
So I think I am finally going to break down and buy an 4GB iPod Nano (actually the wife is buying me one for Father's day :cool: )

I am considering a refurbished one from the Apple store. It has the same warranty as a new one would and comes with all the manuals and accessories as a new one would and it's $70 cheaper.

Refurbs from Apple are a great idea. I will periodically get the urge to pick through the "buyer's remorse" pile at Apple stores. Some great deals to be had there too.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Refurbs from Apple are a great idea. I will periodically get the urge to pick through the "buyer's remorse" pile at Apple stores. Some great deals to be had there too.
Do they really have such a thing in the actual store? Or are you talking about the online store?

Workin' 4 Toys
06-15-2007, 10:59 AM

I can't see them being any worse than new. When I got my first one, within the first week someone dropped it and put a big dent in the corner, and the "spin wheel" was dirty within about 2 weeks, so in about 2 weeks, it looked like it was 10 years old anyway.:rolleyes:
I just replaced my first battery in is about a month ago. I think I got 3 years out of the original. (Tapped the dent back out while the case was off for the battery:D , looks like it's 2 weeks old again:rolleyes: )

bcampbe7
06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
I can't see them being any worse than new. When I got my first one, within the first week someone dropped it and put a big dent in the corner, and the "spin wheel" was dirty within about 2 weeks, so in about 2 weeks, it looked like it was 10 years old anyway.:rolleyes:
I just replaced my first battery in is about a month ago. I think I got 3 years out of the original. (Tapped the dent back out while the case was off for the battery:D , looks like it's 2 weeks old again:rolleyes: )

LOL!

We'll see how it turns out.

Ordered the 4GB Nano last night. Should be here next week sometime. :cool:

Sodar
06-15-2007, 12:35 PM
LOL!

If you can wait Beau, you might want to! They are about to come out with a new Nano in the next few weeks. Whenever they are coming out with a new model, they start giving them away with new computers... I just went on to look at new computers last night and guess what, they are giving the nanos away with the new computers!!

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/1278/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/cp_top_bts_070611.jpg

Sodar
06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Do they really have such a thing in the actual store? Or are you talking about the online store?

Yes, the Apple Stores do this the last few days of each month! I have bought several new items for significantly less, just because they have been opened...

Workin' 4 Toys
06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
LOL!

Well thats next week sometime and will be too late for FD....Better get yourself something for sunday now.;)

Sodar, if you buy the computer, send the freebie nano my way would ya. After all, I did make sure the oil filter didn't fall off for you...8p

bcampbe7
06-15-2007, 12:43 PM
If you can wait Beau, you might want to! They are about to come out with a new Nano in the next few weeks. Whenever they are coming out with a new model, they start giving them away with new computers... I just went on to look at new computers last night and guess what, they are giving the nanos away with the new computers!!

Yeah, I saw that promotion...

Story of my life if they do come out with something new. I'm sure the 8GB Nano will drop to around $100 just after I get mine. :mad: :noface: :friday:

Sodar
06-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Sodar, if you buy the computer, send the freebie nano my way would ya. After all, I did make sure the oil filter didn't fall off for you...8p

That was REAL nice of you by the way!! :rolleyes:

Two Septembers ago, I bought a new computer and got a free iPod Mini. I put it on ebay and sold it for full price. Within a day or two, the new Nano came out... I almost felt bad for the guy.... almost!! :D

Sodar
06-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Apple aims to begin shipping the new [Nano] players by the second half of September.

The new Nano will use flash media, rather than a hard drive, so battery life will be quadrupled and it will be even lighter and smalled than the current Nano...

bcampbe7
06-15-2007, 12:50 PM
The new Nano will use flash media, rather than a hard drive, so battery life will be quadrupled and it will be even lighter and smalled than the current Nano...

Shoot by the second half of September I will be ready for something new. ;) :D

Sodar
06-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Shoot by the second half of September I will be ready for something new. ;) :D

Perfect. :D

bigmac
06-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Do they really have such a thing in the actual store? Or are you talking about the online store?The remorse pile is retail stores only. IME, they don't let just anybody cruise them.

Sodar
06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
The remorse pile is retail stores only. IME, they don't let just anybody cruise them.
Yeah, only the special people... :D

At our Apple Store, they only let the general public "cruise them" at the end of each month. :confused: