PDA

View Full Version : Bahamas

Willski
04-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Anybody here been? I just booked a trip at the Ritz (not THE) beach club at Taino Beach through a timeshare trade of my parents. It is near Lucaya on Grand Bahama island. I've been reading review, very mixed. :confused:

trickskier
04-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Anybody here been? I just booked a trip at the Ritz (not THE) beach club at Taino Beach through a timeshare trade of my parents. It is near Lucaya on Grand Bahama island. I've been reading review, very mixed. :confused:
Water is beautiful.............Beer is EXPENSIVE!!!

Sodar
04-27-2007, 12:57 PM

Try to get out fishing on a charter boat... a LOT of fun!!

Willski
04-27-2007, 01:03 PM
We can get a pretty good deal on flights, and my P's had a week expiring on their timeshare, so we won't have any money in accomodations, so I can probably afford the beer......maybe I'll get a loan!

Willski
04-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Try to get out fishing on a charter boat... a LOT of fun!!

That sounds like fun. I've done the big boats for just bottom fishing off of the keys, and off of Daytona, but never the sportfishing. I had a lot of fun, and got to eat some good fresh fish too.

ttu
04-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Water is beautiful.............Beer is EXPENSIVE!!!

went there for my honeymoon back in 91. and the beer expensive. as trick said. if i remember right kalik beer (their own) was something like 15 bucks or so for a 6 pack and bud light was 20 +.

did take a boat trip to some island that included drinks and lunch that was fun.

Willski
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
ttu has become my vacation consultant. Winter Park advice in March, now Bahamas advice. Maybe I'll pack one suitcase full of beer.

shepherd
04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Maybe I'll pack one suitcase full of beer.

We do that (and wine) when we go on a cruise. All-inclusive my butt!

Workin' 4 Toys
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
See "Gilligan's Island" while your there....The "hammock's" were awesome.

MYMC
04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Love it in there...we go down to Marsh Harbor all the time...we tend to stay on Elbow Cay or Guanna.

Try the Klick lite...tastes like Miller Lite.

ttu
04-27-2007, 04:40 PM
ttu has become my vacation consultant. Winter Park advice in March, now Bahamas advice. Maybe I'll pack one suitcase full of beer.

heck don't use me as your consultant. 11 years after my honeymoon, i got a divorce. oh well, gave up the country club for a boat afterwards...hahahaha;)

Willski
04-27-2007, 05:02 PM
heck don't use me as your consultant. 11 years after my honeymoon, i got a divorce. oh well, gave up the country club for a boat afterwards...hahahaha;)

Uh, oh. This is a 10th anniversary trip.

athen99
04-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I have a time share at Island Seas on Grand Bahama Island. If you're not a certified diver and would like to try it, they have resort tours to try and get you to buy a time share and one of the gifts you can choose is a free resort dive. They pool train you, give you some class training and then you're certified for like two weeks and then if you want to dive again you just pay the rental fee! It's awesome! I found it was cheaper to fly to Fort L. and then take fast ferry over there. Have fun!

ttu
04-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Uh, oh. This is a 10th anniversary trip.

don't worry "you" already have the mastercraft.8p

ps, did you ever eat at the pizza joint in wp.

budman
04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Was there 2 yrs. ago stayed at Wyndam,Sheritan resort,loved it hope you do too