PDA

View Full Version : Rode WakeKite Today!

corey
04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Got to get out on the WakeKite today, VERY fun. I was supprised by how easy it is to fly when its calm and how difficult it was to fly when it was windy as we got a good dose of both. After a set I am by no means an expert but if anybody has questions shoot them at me.

I don't have any pictures but we did shoot some video. If someone here figures out how to load video online I'll get a link to it.

Skibumtx
04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Send me the video and I will post it for you.

Vegas X-Star
05-01-2007, 03:13 PM
I found a few videos on You Tube. Looks like fun. I had been thinking about getting a kite to start kiteboarding on the days the lake was whitecapping. Did you get some decent hang time your first time out?

corey
05-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Getting air was pretty easy, I actually got the most air on my first jump. I would say as long as you are confident enough to wakeboard without "thinking" about edging and jumping you can wakekite. Flying the kite is pretty easy, I learned that you need to fly the kite on landings as well, had the kite pull me back into the wake before I was ready.

I also noticed that the kite is very difficult to control when it's windy, basically it becomes really hard to steer and without being able to steer you can't get any air. The need for calm would be my only reservation, when the lake is calm I would be hard pressed not to head out wakeboarding instead.

ProTour X9
05-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Heres one (http://www.actionwater.com/content.asp?nav=76809&cpid=1689&)................................

Vegas X-Star
05-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Very true about the wind. Lake Mead is windy as crap anyway...I probably wouldn't want to waste any glass since I only get it every couple of weeks. Plus, they cost quite a bit...$800 or something?

Farmer Ted
05-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Very true about the wind. Lake Mead is windy as crap anyway...I probably wouldn't want to waste any glass since I only get it every couple of weeks. Plus, they cost quite a bit...$800 or something?

I think they're closer to $1400, now it's a toss up, air chair or wake kite.....

corey
05-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Sky Ski all the way, granted few people in the world are worse than me but its a blast when the wind whips up.