View Full Version : ballast question

04-26-2007, 01:24 PM
so all the ballast info that i am seeing is for the systems the have intake/outake of water through the same thru hull hole. on my 2000 xstar i have the intakes in the transome and the outakes goe up through the hull right next to the vent holes. is there some type of valve that is used for this? reason i am asking is i am going to add a fourth pump and put my bow sac on an auto switch.

04-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes...swing check valves (c/v) are used if it's a reversible pump system.

If it's an aerator system, there are 2 pumps...1 fill and 1 empty...no directional c/v required other than to stop back flow out the inlet.

04-27-2007, 08:15 AM
yeah it's a reversible pump system. right now the three pumps are all on their own thru hull. i'll probably end up putting the new pump on it's own thru hull as well. is there a certain location (distance from the pump & elevation in the boat) that will work best for the swing check valve?

04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
i just realized this is in the find a pull/ give a pull forum...whoops! it's been a long week. time to bail out of work and hit the lake!