PDA

View Full Version : Floating Boat Lift's

MCtowtroy
04-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Any conviction out there about the most dependable / reliable floating boat lift? Options so far look like "Hydro Hoist" , "Shore Master", & "Hyro Systems" - poly lift.

PS. The floating boat house requires a floating boat lift

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Datdude
04-26-2007, 11:00 AM
The company I work for is a dealer for Hydrohoist products. We have many lifts that have been in the water 5+ years and have had no problems. The only Hydrohoist problem I can remember was last Summer a customer turned the valve handle too hard and snapped it off. Pretty minor issue if you ask me.

The other option to check out is Sunstream's Float Lift. That is one cool piece of equipment!

Diesel
04-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Hydrohoist is the innovator. I just installed an 8800# Ultra Lift this past weekend. Workmanship is impeccable and installation was very straightforward. I also own a model A which is about 18 years old and still going strong.

The new UL2s are pimp!

Leroy
04-26-2007, 11:20 AM
The Hydro Hoists are popular and well supported here in the mid-west. I had one for a year and sold it. I hear good things about them.

boatless
04-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Those float lift are nice. Where my mom and dad at, the shore are muddy so we can't use one of those standard lift. A float lift would work nice and is easy to take in and out during the winter. Wonder how much one would cost for a 5,000 pound capacity ?

boatless.

G-man
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Boat Floater is very popular in N. Texas. I have about 5 years of using them with no problems.

Diesel
04-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Those float lift are nice. Where my mom and dad at, the shore are muddy so we can't use one of those standard lift. A float lift would work nice and is easy to take in and out during the winter. Wonder how much one would cost for a 5,000 pound capacity ?

boatless.

For your 197? If so you would only need the 4400# and they run about $6k installed.

Lottawatta
04-26-2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.lakelandindustries.net/lifts.html

I have had two of these for the past 7 seasons in my floating boat house. I can't say enough good things about them. They are awesome. Used daily throughout the summer. Trouble free. They float my docks all winter. Excellent product.

boatless
04-26-2007, 01:27 PM
For your 197? If so you would only need the 4400# and they run about $6k installed.

6K installed, that is not a bad price compare to a standard lift. Does a floating lift come with a canopy also ? I don't know how that could work.

boatless.

Diesel
04-26-2007, 01:30 PM
6K installed, that is not a bad price compare to a standard lift. Does a floating lift come with a canopy also ? I don't know how that could work.

boatless.

Nope, not that am aware of. It needs a floaing dock for mounting, or a very controlled pool with a pier dock.

jimmer2880
04-26-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.lakelandindustries.net/lifts.html

I have had two of these for the past 7 seasons in my floating boat house. I can't say enough good things about them. They are awesome. Used daily throughout the summer. Trouble free. They float my docks all winter. Excellent product.

A bud of mine has one of those. Works very well. Approx how much are they?

Lottawatta
04-27-2007, 07:44 AM
A bud of mine has one of those. Works very well. Approx how much are they?

IIRC, I Paid $2800, but that was a long time ago. I believe they are in the high $3000 range now.