PDA

View Full Version : lake muskoka

sizzler
04-26-2007, 07:12 AM
a buddy of mine is flying in to toronto for a wedding..he is thinking of staying at Lake Muskoka afterwards for a few days.....

any thoughts from you boys north of the border???

things to do???

thx

Jet
04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
When is he flying in ?

At this time of the year, there is probably not a whole lot to do because it is still cold.

suedv
04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
My sister lives in the Toronto area (Bolton, Ontario) and we've been to Muskoka with her. There are a lot of nice shops to visit, but I'm not sure how many of them would be open now. I might be wrong, but they seem somewhat seasonal for tourists.

If your friend likes nature he might like going to the Algonquin Provincial Park. It is a bit of a drive (depending on where in the Muskoka area he's staying could be 2.5 hours or so) but I really liked it there. It's a beautiful place.

This is a bit of a thread jack, but several years ago our kids saw their first waterski show in the Muskoka area, and then went to a ski clinic put on by SWS at the Lake Saint Joseph Club. Our son had so much fun it lead us to purchase a MasterCraft and get involved in show skiing.

Muskoka is a great place to vacation. If he's going in the summer the lakes are beautiful.

sizzler
04-27-2007, 05:12 AM
sorry..the weddding is in aug/sept

sizzler
04-27-2007, 10:09 AM
bump.........................

H20ski Dude
07-27-2007, 01:15 PM
lots to do, just head up highway 11 to bracebridge and go west. if he skis, bush's ski school is in bala, just west of bracebridge. tournament site.

stop at bala, go to port carling for lunch and watch the boats go through the locks. you will find things to do and things to buy!

let me know if I can be any more help!