PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Bolts

trunderw
04-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I had some bolts on my windshield that were lose and rusty/locked up. Does anyone know a supplier who carries these things?

east tx skier
04-25-2007, 11:01 PM
contact Taylormade. Sorry, I don't have a number, but there's always google. Good luck.

trunderw
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I looked on their website and couldn't find anything like that. Most of their stuff looks like it's for bimini hardware. I called a mastercraft dealer (though there aren't any within 2 hours of my house) to see if they had any. The lady said someone would call me back today before noon. It's now 12:15 :(

dichdoc
04-28-2007, 12:07 PM
http://www.mcmaster.com/ Not sure on the exact size you need but search T bolt and you should come really close. Only a couple thousand pages of "Stuff" and great people to work with.

jimmer2880
04-30-2007, 06:49 AM
it's a little late now, but... I used to have a problem with my windshield nuts coming loose. While you could just back each one of them out, apply thread locker & re-apply, I am almost always by myself when working on projects & that would be a 2-person project.

So - I bought a bunch of cheap shrink wrap from harbor freight. A small piece of shrink wrap on each bolt & I never have to worry about loosing my windshield nuts again.

trunderw
04-30-2007, 02:51 PM
I found the exact bolt at a local specialty hardware store. They didn't have them in black but i dabbed a bit of paint on them and they're a perfect match. Fischer's (for those in the Northern Va. area)