PDA

View Full Version : Great big Genuine Newbie Thank-you

MCtowtroy
04-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Started a new thread since I wasn't sure if my reply to the original thread would get the attention deserved.

I want to thank everyone for their advise and support. Particullarly, I would like to recognize "Pendo" for the extra effort. Not only did he support this thread with some great data, but he emailed me more. Made my decision last evenig an easy one to purchase our 2003 Mastercraft. That is correct, the 03 X30 with the 8.1 - 450 horse.

I highly recommend Team talk and all the folks that make it happen. Any future newbies need only read the "comparing MCX to 8.1" thread to fully understand the real value for this forum. :) :) :)

Now, can anyone let me know if I paid too much. I am interested to learn what a 2003 MC X30 with 28 hours and absolutly spotless interior and exterior (factories stickers still not removed) with the 8.1 is worth. Equipment includes - clarion with two amps, a sub, 6 disc cd changer, and 2 tower speakers, 4 tower lights, a heater, bimini, teak platform, filler cushion, perfect pass, remote rear control, 4 board racks with (2 extras), and dual batteries.

While it's not critical (since I plan to be a the owner for the next 20 years), but I would be curious to know if we got a great boat AND a great price. Any thoughts?

Thanks again to all for your support.

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 07:38 PM
12 piece bucket of KFC with all the fixin's $17.99,
Fill the the gas tank $90,
Mastercraft X30, 8.1, PRICELESS

If you Happy, everybody's Happy!

Slinkyredfoot
04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
12 piece bucket of KFC with all the fixin's $17.99,
Fill the the gas tank $90,
Mastercraft X30, 8.1, PRICELESS

If you Happy, everybody's Happy!
I could not agree with you more Harold, very well put... live life, enjoy and love your family and MC and enjoy life....:cool:

And by the way MCtowtroy, welcome to the board Newbie....:D

WTRSK1R
04-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Congratulations on the new boat, and welcome to the board.

Hang around here long enough and you can return the favor to some other newbie in the future.

Steve

ski_king
04-25-2007, 09:25 PM
. ......I plan to be a the owner for the next 20 years.......
Don't limit yourself, I have owned mine for over 24 years and it is still as good as new.

Leroy
04-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome MCtowtroy;

Well Pendo is one of our great members and glad you are happy with your purchase! I bought my 2001 Maristar 230 VRS new in 2001 and have not had a second thought about price or performance. I feel I got the best boat for me then and it will still be great 20 years from now.

If you looks at all of the old 70's and 80's boats on here performing great that will be us in a few years!:toast:

milkmania
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
welcome to the board

although I can't answer your original question, I can tell you that you're probably dealing with a little bit of insecurity about such a large purchase....

that's understandable, but
look at it this way,
1)did you get what you wanted?
2)are you happy with your boat?

if you answered yes to either....
then nothing else matters!

stick around here and all insecurities will diminish;)

congrats on the boat:headbang:

p.s.
be sure to tell the wife next time you decide to buy a boat:o

Hoosier Bob
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
I thought the rule was to spend no more than 10 times your monthly gross salary on your MC? Make sure your ski/board costs as much as your wifes wedding ring and you have enough left over for a nightly case of beer! I remember when my MC salesperson asked me, "Isn't she worth it?" I said yes but she gets no ring!8p

Leroy
04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Your rules are great, 10x monthly gross is right on! Man rule (or was that Man Law?)

I thought the rule was to spend no more than 10 times your monthly gross salary on your MC? Make sure your ski/board costs as much as your wifes wedding ring and you have enough left over for a nightly case of beer! I remember when my MC salesperson asked me, "Isn't she worth it?" I said yes but she gets no ring!8p

PendO
04-25-2007, 11:33 PM
glad I could help you out man ... but if you paid more than $19,500 you got skrewd:) j/k.

Doug G
04-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Congrats on the boat! That thread gave me blocktile disfunction.

BCBlazers
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Congrats on the boat! That thread gave me blocktile disfunction.
blockwho whatay?