PDA

View Full Version : Paypal for Trinity Bright

T Scott
04-25-2007, 06:03 PM
See Post #2 for a list of Team Talkers that have already donated towards this cause! Thanks Guys!

Hello Team Talk,
Many of you have read my previous post about helping Trinity Bright, a 6 year old girl stricken with an awful form of cancer. Her long term prognosis is not good. Follow this link for more information about her story. http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=trinitybright Cmack has brought it to my attention that she and her family have trip planned to Orlando Florida to go to Disney World the week of May 18, 2007. I am facilitating donations that will go towards making this little girls trip to Florida both memorable and more easily affordable for her family. I will purchase on behalf of the donors, Mickey Mouse ear hats for Trinity and her family, Disney movies, Disney stuffed animals, etc. I plan to mail this "care package" to her a few days before her trip. The balance of any funds collected will be given to the family in the form of cash to help offset expenses incurred on the trip.

As the father of two small children, I can't even imagine the heartache this family is feeling. Please know that any size donation will be appreciated as when we give together, we can make a difference for this little girl.

I saw a poster recently and want to share the text with you as it relates so greatly to this situation:

"A small boy lived by the ocean. He loved the creatures of the sea, especially the starfish, and spent much of his time exploring the seashore. One day he learned there would be a minus tide that would leave the starfish stranded on the sand. The day of the tide he went down to the beach and began picking up stranded starfish and tossing them back into the sea. An elderly man who lived next door came down to the beach to see what he was doing. "I'm saving the starfish," the boy proudly declared. When the neighbor saw all of the stranded starfish, he shook his head and said, "I'm sorry to disappoint you young man, but if you look down the beach one way, there are stranded starfish as far as the eye can see. And if you look down the beach the other way, it's the same. One little boy like you isn't going to make much of a difference." The boy thought about this for a moment. Then he reached his small hand down to the sand, picked up a starfish, tossed it out into the ocean and said, "I sure made a difference for that one."

I will be collecting donations via Paypal: Please send your donation to tjscott919@aol.com and mark "Trinity" in the memo portion. If you would rather send a check, send it to:

Tom Scott
13234 Lakeshore Grove Drive
Winter Garden, FL 34787

Thanks in advance.....let's make a difference!!!

T Scott
04-25-2007, 11:08 PM
I will update this post on this thread as donations arrive.

Thanks for the generous donations of the following Team Talkers!!

CMack (paypal)
TScott (cash)
Maristar 210 (paypal)
Jkelly (paypal)
Rodltg (paypal)
JesusFreak (check mailed)
Beau Campbell
Milkmania
Maristarman
Bruce
East Texas Skier
Skidog
Prambold
sanjuan23
RIC

With these donations alone, we are close to $700! Let's keep them coming! I'd love to see us near $2000!

cmack
04-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Tom -- I paypal'd my donation to you.

T Scott
04-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Chris,
I did receive a confirmation email from paypal. Thank you for your generous donation! Let's get some momentum going for Trinity!!

Tom

Jesus_Freak
04-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Check is in the mail today...

T Scott
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks JF! I'll let you know when I receive it!

Tom

Maristar210
04-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I sent my donation last evening. Once to the wrong e-mail and then finally to the correct one.

There is one C in Scott (fatfingers)

Jkelly
04-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Tom I just sent the payment on paypal. Your email address is tiscott919 and no tjscott919 right. Let me know if I need to make correction.

Jkelly
04-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok I resent it to tjscott919@aol.com I hope that is right.

T Scott
04-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Ok I resent it to tjscott919@aol.com I hope that is right.

Jason,
Yes I received it. Thank you so much! It is great to see the generosity of my fellow Team Talkers!

Tom

cmack
04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
bump :)

bcampbe7
04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
PayPal sent.

Thanks for setting this up Tom!

cmack
04-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks bcampbe7!

T Scott
04-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Jesus Freak and Beau- I received both of your donations today. Ihave added you to post #2 of this thread! Thanks Guys!!!

Tom

Maristar210
05-01-2007, 01:24 PM
BUMP -
Come on guys. Open your hearts

T Scott
05-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the Bump Steve! I would like to have all donations collected by May 8th. At that point, I am going to purchase some Disney items for a gift basket and send out the check to the parents.

This initiative needs YOUR support!!

cmack
05-01-2007, 03:37 PM
BUMP -
Come on guys. Open your hearts

Thanks Maristar and Well Said!
It would just be awesome if exeryone could just donate $20.

I would like to stress this -- The entire extended family is going to Disney. Most who cannot afford the trip. There is a big chance that they might not see Trinity again. I pray that this does not happen.

Please, donate just $20. Anything will help Please

Maristar210
05-03-2007, 09:13 AM
BUMP
I just doubled my donation by sending another $40.00

Come on guys.

T Scott
05-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Steve,
I just received a confirmation email for your donation. We are now over $500!! Thanks Steve!! Keep em coming guys!

maristarman
05-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Tom,

Just PayPal'd a donation.

Please let me know when it goes thru, so I know it got there.

thanks

T Scott
05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Maristarman,
Got it! Thank you so much!

Tom

cmack
05-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Maristarman Thanks Very Much!!!!!
Maristar210 Thanks for the additional funds!!!

I want to share some pictures of Trinity.
http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/photos/trinitybright/large/2d678e2a1113821bc0f3e82.JPG

cmack
05-03-2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/photos/trinitybright/large/2d678e2a1113821bc0f3e61.JPG

cmack
05-03-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/photos/trinitybright/large/4c2db255111763dd4e152cd.jpg

cmack
05-03-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/photos/trinitybright/large/2d678e2a1113821bc0f3e38.JPG

cmack
05-03-2007, 03:23 PM
.....http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/photos/trinitybright/large/5d6e8fd01117615b0cd4c8a.jpg

SkiDog
05-03-2007, 04:55 PM
You can count on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check being sent Fri. morning! God bless!

cmack
05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Thank You very much Skidog!!!

Bruce
05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Tom,
I just wrote the check. It will go out tomorrow. If it does not get there in time let me know and I will do whatever. God will bless you for your efforts in Trinity's behalf.

T Scott
05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I just updated post #2 with the most recent donations I have received. Thank you to those of you that have stepped up to the plate. Team Talk is a great group of people!!

Maristar210
05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
If every TT regular just gave $10 or $20 think of the difference we could make in this little girls last days on earth. Come on guys, 10 or 20 bucks?

Open your hearts

T Scott
05-04-2007, 09:12 AM
If every TT regular just gave $10 or $20 think of the difference we could make in this little girls last days on earth. Come on guys, 10 or 20 bucks?

Open your hearts

Thanks Steve! I need to have all funds collected by next week as I will need to send it to the family by the middle of next week. (May 9th) so that it will arrive in time. As Steve said, $10-$20-$30 bucks.......whatever you can do will help when we all give together!

Thanks in advance for your support!

Tom

cmack
05-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks Bruce!

And well said Maristar210!

cmack
05-04-2007, 10:25 AM
It looks like I missed a few people who donated.
Many Thanks to :
Beau Campbell
Milkmania
East Texas Skier
Skidog
Prambold
sanjuan23

I have been trying to send thanks along the way. Thanks you everyone who has donated so far!

SkiDog
05-04-2007, 10:27 AM
CMACK,
I have just printed my donation check and dropped it in the mail! God Bless this little girl! ( Please remember to post pics of her trip!) Skidog

SkiDog
05-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Bump Bump Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pram
05-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I hope that she has a wonderful, excitement filled trip that will provide her with many memories to last her for a lifetime.

I applaud your initiative on this and hope that you reach your goal.

A single $20.00 won't do much but 50 or 60 of them will. Let's go guys, what's a case of beer?????

T Scott
05-04-2007, 11:53 PM
I hope that she has a wonderful, excitement filled trip that will provide her with many memories to last her for a lifetime.

I applaud your initiative on this and hope that you reach your goal.

A single $20.00 won't do much but 50 or 60 of them will. Let's go guys, what's a case of beer?????

Thanks Prambold!

Monte
05-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Nevermind the PM. I found it. Check is leaving in the AM.

Jesus_Freak
05-05-2007, 04:18 AM
If every TT regular just gave $10 or $20 think of the difference we could make in this little girls last days on earth. Come on guys, 10 or 20 bucks? Open your hearts

How do we KNOW it will be her last days?

SkiDog
05-05-2007, 09:25 AM
How do we KNOW it will be her last days?

Yea, and more importantly, does SHE know?:(

cmack
05-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I hope and pray that she does not. I pray for a miracle for her!

I have a question to ask of the people who have donated? Since there has been a low turnout for donations for Trinity, I would like to see us at 1000. Would the people who have donated so far be willing to donate an additional $20 - 25?? I know people have given alot so far and many many thanks! Would you guys be able to donate an additional $20?

CMack (paypal)
TScott (cash)
Maristar 210 (paypal)
Jkelly (paypal)
Rodltg (paypal)
Beau Campbell
Milkmania
Maristarman
Bruce
East Texas Skier
Skidog
Prambold

Thanks Again!

T Scott -- Also I wanted to let you know they are leaving for their trip on 05/19. So we can keep this open for a little while longer.

Maristar210
05-07-2007, 10:14 AM

I have a question to ask of the people who have donated? Since there has been a low turnout for donations for Trinity, I would like to see us at 1000. Would the people who have donated so far be willing to donate an additional $20 - 25?? I know people have given alot so far and many many thanks! Would you guys be able to donate an additional $20?

CMack (paypal)
TScott (cash)
Maristar 210 (paypal)
Jkelly (paypal)
Rodltg (paypal)
Beau Campbell
Milkmania
Maristarman
Bruce
East Texas Skier
Skidog
Prambold

Thanks Again!

T Scott -- Also I wanted to let you know they are leaving for their trip on 05/19. So we can keep this open for a little while longer.

Another $25.00 is headed Tom's way from My 10 year old Nick who handed it to me out of his piggy bank and said here Dad I don't need it. (Good Kid) I told him to keep is in his bank and I'll spot him.

cmack
05-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Awesome Kid Maristar210!!

T Scott
05-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Another $25.00 is headed Tom's way from My 10 year old Nick who handed it to me out of his piggy bank and said here Dad I don't need it. (Good Kid) I told him to keep is in his bank and I'll spot him.

You should be proud Steve!! I did receive your additional donation this morning. You are good people!

Tom

Jesus_Freak
05-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Awesome Kid Maristar210!!

Agreed! Amazing how much we can learn from the little ones. Matthew 18:3-5.

Maristar210
05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm sending another $20.00 just to keep this thread alive. Come on guys !!!!

Maristar210
05-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Come on all you slackers. Don't make me name names UMP.

Even ten bucks???

Come on guys and gals !!!!

cmack
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Come on all you slackers. Don't make me name names UMP.

Even ten bucks???

Come on guys and gals !!!!
Maristar, I agree totally. I believe that regulars on TT are prob just ignoring the thread. Hopefully I am wrong but I don't think dropping names will help if others are not reading the thread.
If others are not moved by her story to donate just a few bucks, then there is nothing we can do. :(

Tom,
I just paypal'd some additional funds. I would really like to see us at $1000...

Again -- Many Thanks!! to all that have donated.

Maristar210
05-10-2007, 03:46 PM

CMack (paypal)
TScott (cash)
Maristar 210 (paypal) X3
Jkelly (paypal)
Rodltg (paypal)
Beau Campbell
Milkmania
Maristarman
Bruce
East Texas Skier
Skidog
Prambold

Thanks Again!

BUMP

Lets get this list expanded.

T Scott
05-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Skidog and Bruce......I received your checks in the mail. THANK YOU!!

Tom

cmack
05-11-2007, 12:14 PM
We are at the last for days for any Donations.... Just wanted to bump the thread incase anyone else is able to doante!

Big Thanks to everyone that has!

T Scott
05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
We are at the last for days for any Donations.... Just wanted to bump the thread incase anyone else is able to doante!

Big Thanks to everyone that has!

Yes, a big THANKS to everyone that has contributed. If anyone else wishes to participate, shoot me a PM. If you need to send a check, let me now about it and I will cover it until it arrives. I need to send everything out on Monday May 14th.

Thanks guys!

Tom

T Scott
05-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Ric- I received your contribution via Paypal.

THANK YOU!! I need to send out the gift basket/check on Monday May 14. However, it is not to late to donate. Simply send me an email or PM with the amount you plan to send and I will cover it until I reveive your check/paypal.

Thanks again!

Tom

T Scott
05-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks again to all the Donors. The family is heading to Disney on Thursday, therefore, I am overnighting the check and some Disney trinkets to Trinity and her family tomorrow morning. We were able to raise $750 !! I am proud to be associated with such caring and thoughtful individuals. In addition to the trinkets and the check, I am enclosing the following letter on behalf of the donors:

John, Angel and Trinity,

My name is Tom Scott and I was recently informed of Trinity’s illness. As a MasterCraft boat owner, I am a member of a website called “Team Talk” (tmcowners.com) hosted by Mastercraft Boat Company where boat owners such as myself discuss various boating topics. Recently, there was a thread entitled “General Prayer Requests”, where one of our members Chris Mackowski (works with Trinity’s aunt) shared Trinity’s “Caring Bridge” link and asked us to pray for your family.

Trinity’s story touched many of us deeply. Although we cannot provide Trinity with all the medical care she requires, we can give your family some assistance during this difficult time. We are aware of your upcoming trip to Orlando and as a result, some Team Talk boat owners have graciously donated funds for your upcoming trip or to spend it how it best fits your needs – medical bills & etc. Therefore, on behalf of "TeamTalk" boat owners (tmcowners.com), please accept this small gift for Trinity and a check in the amount of $750 (check enclosed). We hope that our contribution makes a difference for your family.

Please know there are strangers praying for you every day. Prayer is a powerful thing. My hope is the prayers being prayed for you each day gives your family comfort and strength.

Sincerely,

Tom Scott, Cmack, Maristar 210, Jkelly, Rodltg, JesusFreak, BCampbell, Milkmania,
Maristarman, B Brannon, East Texas Skier, Skidog, Prambold, Sanjuan23, RIC

Bruce
05-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Well written letter Tom. Thank you for handling this.

Maristar210
05-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Tom,

Thanks for doing this. The letter is tastefully done and shows what a class act you are. Thanks also to everyone who dontated and bumbed this to the top.

Steve

Jesus_Freak
05-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I am honored to be a small part of this. Excellent note Tom.

Jkelly
05-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Tom you have done a great job, excellent note. God Bless

T Scott
05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
I am glad everyone seems to like the letter I sent to Trinity. I received a Thank You note in the mail from Trinity and her family. It is something that I will cherish for a long time to come.

Tom

Maristar210
05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I am glad everyone seems to like the letter I sent to Trinity. I received a Thank You note in the mail from Trinity and her family. It is something that I will cherish for a long time to come.

Tom

Glad they enjoyed it. Frame that Tom.

T Scott
05-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Glad they enjoyed it. Frame that Tom.

I certainly will Steve. Their Thank You card will serve as a reminder to me that when we all work together, we can make a difference in people's lives. Again, Thanks to all that contributed!

Tom

SkiDog
05-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I certainly will Steve. Their Thank You card will serve as a reminder to me that when we all work together, we can make a difference in people's lives. Again, Thanks to all that contributed!

Tom

It was a pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Skidog!:)

Maristar210
06-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Tom,

I read the Blog. Looks like she's hanging in there well?

Steve

cmack
06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
The latest is the tumor has shrunk a little !!!!!!!!!!1

Wow, today has been a long day! We were at the hospital from 6:30a.m. to 2:00p.m. The MRI went fine, Trinity did very well. She was a little upset when she woke up due to the fact that the IV was still in, but other than that she did great!

After the MRI we went to Dr. Olvera's office for a check up and results. The MRI shows that the tumor has shrunk a little bit, but not an amount significant enough to change anything we have been told up to this point. It is however, a relief to know that the tumor has not spread or grown! We will continue to keep T on the steroids for now, the doctor feels that the episode in Florida was caused from a reaction to the radiation treatments. After Hawaii if her symptoms have not worsened we will try wineing her off of them again. The doctor said each child is different and the medication is not an exact science so we will have to play it by ear.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

cmack
08-03-2007, 11:20 AM
I got word from Trinity's aunt yesterday. She wanted to pass along a special thank you to all that donated for Trinity.
The tumor has increased by 50%. The new prognosis is only 1 to three weeks for Trinity.
Thanks to all that have been praying for her. I pray that if it is the Lord's will to take her from this world, it happens quietly in her sleep.

T Scott
08-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I heard of this situation as well through an update on Trinity's website. I was heartbroken to hear the news. Sounds as if she is comfortable and living each day to it's fullest.

T Scott
10-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I am saddened to report that Trinity Bright passed away early Saturday morning. I received an update from her website with this horrible news. The journal entry written by her mom is pasted below:

"SATURDAY, OCTOBER 06, 2007 07:29 AM, CDT
It is with great sadness that I write this journal entry. Our sweet baby girl passed away early this morning in her sleep...peacefully.

Trinity, Daddy and I love you more than you will ever know. You mean the world to us. "

Although I never knew Trinity, I will never forget her. She is proof that when we bind together, we can make a difference. I hope the rest of you that contibuted to this cause feel good knowing that you helped make a difference in the life of this little girl.

Here are a few other stories that were in Trinity's local newspaper:

http://www.star-telegram.com/629/story/257994.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/629/story/257994.html

God Bless,

Tom

Maristar210
10-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Tom,

I cringed before opening this. I hope her last days on earth we pain free and as pleasant as possible.

I am sorry to hear this. My prayers are with the family...

lanier92prostar
10-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I have been following the story about Trinity since I joined a month ago. Our prayers are also with the family.

Jkelly
10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
It is sad to here, but God is in control and she is with him now. Our prayers are with her family.

ski_king
10-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Our prayers are with Trinity's family.

cmack
10-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Rhonda, Trinity's aunt wanted me to pass along their thanks to you guys.

east tx skier
10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
I was very sad to read this. We had some close friends lose their two year old son last Friday to a mitochondrial disease. It is absolutely heartbreaking to see someone lose a childe like this. Our prayers go out to Trinity's family. I have comfort that her pain is over and she is in a better place.