PDA

View Full Version : The truth about NASCAR

MYMC
04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow, for the first time one of the "stars" speaks up and tells what really is going on in NASCAR.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6738464?MSNHPHMA

sanjuan23
04-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Love him or hate him he definitely is not afraid to speak his mind. Kinda have to like that in a person.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-25-2007, 04:40 PM
HA!!!! I have said that for years! I keep waiting to see in the news when some nascar crew member whacks another over the head with a steel folding chair or throws baby powder in their eyes!:steering: :uglyhamme :uglyhamme QUICK, you distract the nascar officials while I smack Stewart's jack guy. :D

Monte
04-25-2007, 04:54 PM
That is BIG, and I can't say I disagree. I've been a fan for a long time, but it seems in the last couple years to have become a little "fixed" IMHO. "Oh the field is getting to spread out, JJ is behind, JG is whining, THROW A CAUTION" I also don't get the 10 lap cautions for a flat tire w/no debris. Let em pit! and GO! What in the heck is up with a double file restart with the lap down cars up front? They are a lap down and are not supposed to be racing (getting in the way of) the leaders.. Let the fast cars run.. No wonder they have so many wrecks. you get a scrub riding with the big boys trying to stay ahead to gain a lap. you're dern right theres gong to be a wreck. The worst part of it all is the inconsistency in the cautions. OH this guy hit the wall.. no caution.. OH but that guy hit it HURRY throw it...

rambling

trickskier
04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
That's going to put him in the Penalty Box...........NASCAR does not like one of their own speaking out against them..........I've been a long time NASCAR fan and would have to agree about the late race phantom debris caution flags. Richard Petty won a lot of his races when late race cautions were thrown that allowed him to catch up.........:rolleyes:

NASCAR has some other concerns too.....Several years ago they forced me to buy a 4-day package in order to keep my seats in the Nextel Tower for the Daytona 500. My order went from $1,200.00 dollars to $3,000.00. I wrote and complained but they could care less.

Seems like Brian France only cares about "Corporate America" instead of the millions of fans like me that have supported them over the years.

I am not a Tony Stewart fan, but I applaud him for speaking out!!!

shepherd
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
I can see Joe Gibbs shaking his head right now. :noface:

I used to be a big fan but have been quickly losing interest over the past year or two. I stopped going to races because the ticket prices finally exceeded my "is it worth it?" test.

My wife still watches the races on TV, and when I come in a room, more than half the time they're under caution. My latest "joke" is "What, did another hot dog wrapper get on the track?" The cautions are not only a way to tighten up the race, but it also gives more opportunities for TV commercials $$$.

Maybe we'll see you back in IRL Tony! :wavey:

Ric
04-25-2007, 05:44 PM
So who jerked his chain? If it's all rigged, who's to say that his spout wasn't planned?

Did Tony just take a Right Turn, or is this just more publicity?

SNOOTYSKIER
04-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I say its fixed.

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 06:34 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :steering:

TX.X-30 fan
04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Seem all sports are having the same problems. Pricing fan out that have been loyal for years. I was an Oiler season ticket holder for many years (I know, why?) then the Texans come to town and invent the scam where you have to pay for the right to buy tickets to their games. :confused: I never seem to mind what sporting event I miss now that we spend time as a family on the lake. :)

Naste Craft
04-25-2007, 07:34 PM
The truth about NASCAR.....

NASCAR
Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.....8p

mitch
04-25-2007, 07:55 PM
hot dog wrapper, that;s funny!

jakethebt
04-25-2007, 08:24 PM
I am glad to see Tony speak out. NASCAR is greedy. It is their greed that is killing the sport. I have watched long before it was popular, long before many people even knew the sport existed. NASCAR is on the decline and will continue as long as they keep making stupid decisions. The addition of Toyota will surly be the end of the little guy. NASCAR is so concerned about drawing a larger (diverse) crowd that they are driving away the loyals. If they keep on the same trend, we will be watching the Tony Stewart series on small tracks around the country while NASCAR follows CART and IRL down the drain.

boatwake
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I used to be a big fan and even went to a few races every year. Can't stand it any more!

LakePirate
04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I was listening to an old race on XM a couple of years ago and it took somebody blowing up with large chunks of sheet metal to get the caution flag to come out. Remember when staying on the lead lap actually meant something. I am all for safety, but come on.

NASCAR moving all the races out of the south is part of the problem. Racing at Darlington, North Wilkesboro, and Rockingham are exciting races. Not like watching the snooze fest in California. I miss bump drafting and provisionals.

See you boys at 'Dega this weekend!

04-25-2007, 10:10 PM
The sport used to be great, but it has really declined. its like its gotten too big and the money rules everything now. The good ol days was racing. now its just showbiz :twocents:

Workin' 4 Toys
04-25-2007, 11:24 PM
The sport used to be great, but it has really declined. I blame toyota.............

Leroy
04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Tony screwed up Indy/IRL so that I am able to go to Georgetown road on Indy 500 race day and pick up premier seats for 1/2 off and have for the past 5 years now. NASCAR had better watch, but this sounds like a little spoiled brat crying....

Doug G
04-26-2007, 01:14 AM
I blame toyota.............

:uglyhamme

Gotta love Smoke. Never any doubt where his mind is at. I respect that. I also used to be a fanatic and can't stand to watch it anymore. Haven't been to a race in years. It's gone too far to the corporate and high tech.

"There ain't nothing stock about a stock car"

shepherd
04-26-2007, 01:44 AM
OK, I'm sure some people on here have some good things to say about NASCAR. It is still some of the best racing you'll find on the television and one of the greatest spectacles and parties you'll attend in person.

And I'm always reluctant to buy into peoples' conspiracy theories. I expect (and hope) that NASCAR wouldn't risk its reputation and alienating millions of its fans by deliberately fixing races. That would be suicide IMO.

uawaterskier
04-26-2007, 02:57 AM

NASCAR
let me tell you something bud...
before i started skiing i drove racecars. So if you think it doesnt require athletic ability to ski, then yes you can think it doesnt require it to race. Otherwise find another thread to bash.

I dont think NASCAR fixes races, but they show favoritism thats for sure. I still think the best races you can watch are local short tracks and IROC

tommcat
04-26-2007, 08:36 AM
in comparison to wrestling i'd have to say wrestling is better. and i cant stand wrestling.

Ric
04-26-2007, 09:43 AM
let me tell you something bud...
before i started skiing i drove racecars. So if you think it doesnt require athletic ability to ski, then yes you can think it doesnt require it to race. Otherwise find another thread to bash.

I dont think NASCAR fixes races, but they show favoritism thats for sure. I still think the best races you can watch are local short tracks and IROC are you comparing competitive waterskiing to competitive race driving?

04-26-2007, 09:47 AM
are you comparing competitive waterskiing to competitive race driving?
Ric are you dumb or sumpin? there are NO floating bouys on a car race track....:rolleyes: There are no ropes in nascar. and botes have no tires.

Ric
04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Ric are you dumb or sumpin? there are NO floating bouys on a car race track....:rolleyes: There are no ropes in nascar. and botes have no tires. allow me a bit of lattitude here ump.

glad you asked though.

are you comparing driving slalom to competetive slalom? I just want to know where ua is coming from on that

trickskier
04-26-2007, 09:52 AM

NASCAR

WRONG!!! You obviously don't know much about NASCAR. The days where the driver that didn't have a hangover won the race was decades ago. Todays drivers are some of the best athletes in the world.

Name me another sport where an athlete has to compete for 4 hours straight, without any timeouts, and no one to substitute for him. A sport where you have to concentrate every second or the result could be a mistake that could cost you your life. A sport where athletes compete at speeds over 200 MPH, inches apart, and at temperatures reaching 130 degrees inside the car.

I read an article that the late Rob Moroso would ride around in the summer with his heater on wide open and his windows closed to prepare for Talladega. I'd like to see an athlete from any other sport do that.

So don't tell me NASCAR drivers aren't atheletes.

04-26-2007, 09:57 AM
allow me a bit of lattitude here ump.

glad you asked though.

Lattitude allowed, Captain. I do what I can to help out.

Ric
04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
WRONG!!! You obviously don't know much about NASCAR. The days where the driver that didn't have a hangover won the race was decades ago. Todays drivers are some of the best athletes in the world.

Name me another sport where an athlete has to compete for 4 hours straight, without any timeouts, and no one to substitute for him. A sport where you have to concentrate every second or the result could be a mistake that could cost you your life. A sport where athletes compete at speeds over 200 MPH, inches apart, and at temperatures reaching 130 degrees inside the car.

I read an article that the late Rob Moroso would ride around in the summer with his heater on wide open and his windows closed to prepare for Talladega. I'd like to see an athlete from any other sport do that.

So don't tell me NASCAR drivers aren't atheletes. answer: Motorcycle racing (even though I'd consider pitting as a timeout of sorts)

now what you will have a hard time convincing me of is however rigorous the conditions are to drive in a counterclockwise circle in a hot car all day, it is not "athleticism" to me. It's skill, now doubt. I couldn't do it. But the best athletes in the world? A linebacker is an athlete, a long jumper, hell even an iceskater, but a driver?

Fat guys can play golf too, but an athlete like Tiger can consistently win. Does that make golfers "athletes"? I guess the definition is too loose for me

shepherd
04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Motorcycle racing

Now those guys have some big ones.

shepherd
04-26-2007, 10:09 AM

So don't tell me NASCAR drivers aren't atheletes.

Ahhh, now I see the reason for all those cautions. The drivers were demanding more timeouts. ;)

Anyone who thinks that racing doesn't require athleticism probably watches other sports like golf, bowling or billiards. IMO, golf and baseball - in that order - are the most boring things you can watch on TV.

04-26-2007, 10:10 AM

So don't tell me NASCAR drivers aren't atheletes.Seems to me I remember reading an article about how conditioned race car drivers are. The physical stress that is put on the body during a race is quite intense. the heat in the car, the physical stress, the mental stress, no time to stop & rest, all those factors really work a human being hard. DOnt they lose alot of body weight from sweating?

I remember a race about 10-12 years ago where Kyle Petty had the flu, and got so dehydrated and sick they said he started to pass out at the wheel and had to pit and get out of the car. Anyone else recall that?

04-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Yoose guys can argue this "athlete" debate all day long, I will tell you this: There is NO way you can convince me that bowlers are athletes!8p ;) :D

HEY! speaking of sports, ever watch Curling? that weird sport where they slide these big flowerpot looking concrete things down the ice and try to put it in a circle? strangest sport I have ever seen, and I am a Yooper! I have watched it for years and cant understand it. They slide this outfit down the ice and then sweep the path infront of it because I guess they are real clean freaks and want the ice clean. then they hollar at it alot and thats about it. I have no idea how points are scored. I see it alot on the Canadian channels. perhaps our Canadian friends can shed some light on this for us?:confused:

shepherd
04-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Seems to me I remember reading an article about how conditioned race car drivers are. The physical stress that is put on the body during a race is quite intense. the heat in the car, the physical stress, the mental stress, no time to stop & rest, all those factors really work a human being hard. DOnt they lose alot of body weight from sweating?

I remember a race about 10-12 years ago where Kyle Petty had the flu, and got so dehydrated and sick they said he started to pass out at the wheel and had to pit and get out of the car. Anyone else recall that?

It's happened more than once. I remember another driver (Ricky Rudd?) having to do that at Martinsville a few years back. Drivers have been known to drive with the flu, broken bones, distracting divorce battles, etc.

trickskier
04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Ahhh, now I see the reason for all those cautions. The drivers were demanding more timeouts. ;)

Anyone who thinks that racing doesn't require athleticism probably watches other sports like golf, bowling or billiards. IMO, golf and baseball - in that order - are the most boring things you can watch on TV.
You can classify a caution as timeout of sorts. While a caution flag reduces speeds, there is still no one to relieve the driver. He doesn't get to stop the car, get out and refresh himself. Caution flags are also used to service the car: gas, tires, and a cup of water for the driver.

So it's really hard to classify a caution as a timeout, because the only thing that changes for the driver is reduced speeds.

MYMC
04-26-2007, 10:49 AM
The debris caution flag is famous for changing a race to a more "acceptible" outcome. Ask Wally Fallenback (oops I mean Dallenbach)...leads the glen with Mark Martin in second till the closing laps when...yellow flag. Martin is faster in the pits and Wally finishes second. NASCAR would'nt "throw" the race, but they will do everything in their power that a "superstar" wins.

BTW, the clean-up crew never came on track...I was there in the pits, we all knew what was happening.

trickskier
04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
answer: Motorcycle racing (even though I'd consider pitting as a timeout of sorts)

now what you will have a hard time convincing me of is however rigorous the conditions are to drive in a counterclockwise circle in a hot car all day, it is not "athleticism" to me. It's skill, now doubt. I couldn't do it. But the best athletes in the world? A linebacker is an athlete, a long jumper, hell even an iceskater, but a driver?

Fat guys can play golf too, but an athlete like Tiger can consistently win. Does that make golfers "athletes"? I guess the definition is too loose for me

I would certainly consider motorcycle drivers as athletes. However, they don't race for 4 hours in 130 degree environments without a break. I just say take all the elements a NASCAR driver has to compete in and there isn't another sport as demanding on the human body.

04-26-2007, 10:58 AM
I would certainly consider motocycle driver as athletes. However, they don't race for 4 hours in 130 degree environments without a break. I just say take all the elements a NASCAR driver has to compete in and there isn't another sport as demanding on the human body.
endurance and stamina is certainly a factor.

trickskier
04-26-2007, 11:17 AM
endurance and stamina is certainly a factor.
You've got the picture!

SkiDog
04-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Now those guys have some big ones.

No, it the ICE RACERS that have the big ones!:D

shepherd
04-26-2007, 11:48 AM
NASCAR would'nt "throw" the race, but they will do everything in their power that a "superstar" wins.

BTW, the clean-up crew never came on track...I was there in the pits, we all knew what was happening.

Funny, one reason I'm losing interest is that I'm getting sick of seeing the same old drivers win week after week. I suspect NASCAR likes to throw those cautions just to make the race closer and more exciting at the end - the same rationale for that ridiculous "green-white-checker" rule they now have. Just speculation on my part, I've never been as closely involved in the sport as you have. (But I did have a subscription to Inside Winston Cup back in the day. :rolleyes: :D )

SkiDog
04-26-2007, 11:57 AM
I can't stand Darryl Waltrip and his "Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racin' boy's!" comment!!!!!!!!!! I swear he's gay!:confused: :( :(

Monte
04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I can't stand Darryl Waltrip and his "Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racin' boy's!" comment!!!!!!!!!! I swear he's gay!:confused: :( :(

I like DW myself and I don't think he is gay, now his brother on the other hand:rolleyes:

River Rat
04-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Let them all go back to running shine8p Its better for you anyway:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
04-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't care what happens in NASCAR anymore, as long as I keep getting those little racecars on my McDonald's Happy Meals! Buoddddddddddin, Buoddddddddddin!

Maristar210
04-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Seem all sports are having the same problems. Pricing fan out that have been loyal for years. I was an Oiler season ticket holder for many years (I know, why?) then the Texans come to town and invent the scam where you have to pay for the right to buy tickets to their games. :confused: I never seem to mind what sporting event I miss now that we spend time as a family on the lake. :)

I'm with you there my friend.

and.... nice grill ya little *****

Ric
04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
I would certainly consider motorcycle drivers as athletes. However, they don't race for 4 hours in 130 degree environments without a break. I just say take all the elements a NASCAR driver has to compete in and there isn't another sport as demanding on the human body. I'm just sayin you gonna have a hard time convincing me that "todays drivers are some of the greatest athletes in the world" :noface:
Sure, it takes skill and endurance and mental toughness to win a race (and a fast car!) . But let's be real, these guys aren't running up and down the court with iverson or melo banging them up either..

Ric
04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
This turned into another gay thread :rolleyes:

hacker
04-26-2007, 04:03 PM
...leads the glen with Mark Martin in second till the closing laps when...yellow flag.

Cool, right in my backyard. I live about 20 miles from the track. I don't recall the last time MM won there, couple of years ago perhaps?

uawaterskier
04-26-2007, 06:55 PM
allow me a bit of lattitude here ump.

glad you asked though.

are you comparing driving slalom to competetive slalom? I just want to know where ua is coming from on that
im coming from driving cars since i was 9, thats where im coming from. If you think that it doesnt take athletic ability to drive a car your nuts. If I hadn't sold my car to go to college, I would gladly let you take it for a couple of hot laps. And when your finished, you can tell me what body parts hurt:)

River Rat
04-26-2007, 07:02 PM
And when your finished, you can tell me what body parts hurt:)

All my body parts hurt after I get off my wake board but I wouldn't dare call myself an athlete;)

Jim@BAWS
04-26-2007, 07:04 PM
There are alot better things to do on a Sunday Afternoon than wach a bunch of cars go aroung in circles WHOOP DE DOO. People only go to those races in the the hopes that there will be a big crash.

Joke of the day

Did you hear about Dale Earnhardt?

He's still dead !!!

shepherd
04-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Ouch... :noface:

SkiDog
04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I like DW myself and I don't think he is gay, now his brother on the other hand:rolleyes:
DW may not be gay, but you gotta admit that damn saying sure is! And yea, ole Mikie would probably smoke one!:D oops!

stevo137
04-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Think about a major element here, Nascar is a major contributor to our economy. Think about the jobs and companies affiliated with the sport, it's HUGE!
It is also a major user of American made products which is a very good thing.
The company that I work for is a major sponser to Nascar and has easily justified the dollars invested.

NASCAR facts

• The 75 million NASCAR fans represent one-third of the U.S. adult population.
• No. 1 sport in fan brand loyalty. Fans are three times as likely as non-fans to try to purchase NASCAR sponsor's products and services.

• No. 1 spectator sport, with 17 of the top 20 attended sporting events in the United States.

• No. 2 rated regular-season sports on TV. The NFL is No. 1.

• Televised weekly in more than 150 countries around the world in more than 30 languages.

• NASCAR sanctions 1,300 races at 100 tracks in more than 30 states in the United States. A NASCAR Western race is scheduled at the Larry Miller Motorsports Park this summer.

• Races often draw larger crowds than a Super Bowl, NBA Final and World Series game combined.

• The age group from 18-34 makes up 32 percent of the U.S. population and 34 percent of the NASCAR fan base. The age group of 18-44 makes up 49 percent of the U.S. population and 53 percent of the NASCAR fan base.

• 60 percent of NASCAR fans are men, 40 percent are women.

• 43 percent of the U.S. population makes $50,000 or more a year and 43 percent of NASCAR fans make $50,000 or more a year.

It is difficult to put a number on how many companies and businesses are involved in Nascar.

IMO, TONY STEWART IS A SORE LOSER WHO CAN'T TAKE A DOSE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE...

uawaterskier
04-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Think about a major element here, Nascar is a major contributor to our economy. Think about the jobs and companies affiliated with the sport, it's HUGE!
The company that I work for is a major sponser to Nascar and has easily justified the dollars invested.

NASCAR facts

• No. 1 sport in fan brand loyalty. Fans are three times as likely as non-fans to try to purchase NASCAR sponsor's products and services.

• No. 1 spectator sport, with 17 of the top 20 attended sporting events in the United States.

• Televised weekly in more than 150 countries around the world in more than 30 languages.

• NASCAR sanctions 1,300 races at 100 tracks in more than 30 states in the United States. A NASCAR Western race is scheduled at the Larry Miller Motorsports Park this summer.

• Races often draw larger crowds than a Super Bowl, NBA Final and World Series game combined.

• The age group from 18-34 makes up 32 percent of the U.S. population and 34 percent of the NASCAR fan base. The age group of 18-44 makes up 49 percent of the U.S. population and 53 percent of the NASCAR fan base.

• 43 percent of the U.S. population makes $50,000 or more a year and 43 percent of NASCAR fans make $50,000 or more a year.

It is difficult to put a number on how many companies and businesses are involved in Nascar.

IMO, TONY STEWART IS A SORE LOSER WHO CAN'T TAKE A DOSE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE...QUOTED FOR TRUTH

hester
04-27-2007, 09:17 AM
One positive side note….if you think going in a circle all afternoon is crazy (does sound a little funny at first) you have got to try it out for yourself!

When my father turned 50 we took him to Rockingham Speedway, NC for the Buck Baker driving experience. You get some instruction, some safety gear and then your own 800hp car to take around the track.

If I remember correctly you do the following in order:
5 laps – instructor driving and you’re the passenger
5 laps – you’re driving and the instructor is the passenger
5 laps – last 5 you are all by yourself (with others running with you)

If you enjoy speed, torque and performance (just like my 91 MC, ha ha) then this will be an experience of a lifetime for you. Obviously it is not a free-for-all at these events but a way to really enjoy the excitement of the sport.

Dad is 60 this Sept and we are going to do the Richard Petty driving experience where they allow you to go 140 at some tracks. You can choose from a lot of different priced packages.

hester
04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Dale is the butt of many jokes but was a super nice guy. Several days before a childhood friend died of cancer Dale called him at the hospital and talked to him for several hours. You have to give a lot of credit to the attention that some drivers pay to their fans.

Joke of the day

Did you hear about Dale Earnhardt?

He's still dead !!!

Ric
04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
im coming from driving cars since i was 9, thats where im coming from. If you think that it doesnt take athletic ability to drive a car your nuts. If I hadn't sold my car to go to college, I would gladly let you take it for a couple of hot laps. And when your finished, you can tell me what body parts hurt:) well hell son, you've been driving cars since you were nine, you're the authority. :rolleyes: .
NO I do not think it takes "athletic ability to drive a car".... or even to drive a racecar for that matter.

If you let me drive your car on the track I'll do it!:D But as I mentioned earlier, driving takes skill, ability, endurance, but athleticism... no :noface:

04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Dale is the butt of many jokes but was a super nice guy. Several days before a childhood friend died of cancer Dale called him at the hospital and talked to him for several hours. You have to give a lot of credit to the attention that some drivers pay to their fans.
In my opinion, the integrity of that sport died with Earnhardt. I was never a fan of his, but I respected him for what he represented. He was the last real link to the real days of racing before all the massive money & hype. He was the throwback to he days where guys held "real" jobs and loaded up a truck and trailer with their wife and kids and went racing. That was nascar before it got too big. Like many other sports, Nascar has been ruined by big money. Greed & sensationalism have degraded the sport. Now its all showbiz. All hype. I know there are some older drivers still racing, but none like him. I was always a Mark Martin fan because I thought he was a true gentleman race car driver. a real sportsman. No dirt, no mouth, no attitude. just class. :twocents:

04-27-2007, 09:42 AM
If you let me drive your car on the track I'll do it!:D I wouldnt let a girl drive my race car if I were you.

MYMC
04-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I worked with and for Dale...even bought my first Busch engine from him. He was a great guy and always treated everyone that worked for him with respect. I honestly miss being able to talk to him.

His death along with the deaths of Blaise Alexander, Adam Petty and the near fatal crash of Jeff Krogh; all of whom I built engines for was enough for me.

PendO
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
It will be interesting to watch how antitrust litigation may have an impact on nascar as it goes forward

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Mar-12-Sun-2006/news/6185407.html

I find that I don't enjoy the short-track races very much ... but I am looking forward to Tony putting JPM into the wall or infield a few times.

Ric
04-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I wouldnt let a girl drive my race car if I were you. me, ua's car, steveistars helmet, a deranged look in my eye and a good clean track.... LOOKOUT! :steering:

uawaterskier
04-27-2007, 12:17 PM
me, ua's car, steveistars helmet, a deranged look in my eye and a good clean track.... LOOKOUT! :steering:lol we wouldnt let dad drive the cars anymore. He was the only person I knew that could put in the wall hard with no other cars on the track. You would think after he did this once we woulda learned, no we gave him a second try...same result

uawaterskier
04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
well hell son, you've been driving cars since you were nine, you're the authority. :rolleyes: .
NO I do not think it takes "athletic ability to drive a car".... or even to drive a racecar for that matter.

If you let me drive your car on the track I'll do it!:D But as I mentioned earlier, driving takes skill, ability, endurance, but athleticism... no :noface:
yes i am young and im not trying to preach. but its one of those things you have to do to understand. There would be nights where Id come home from a 150 lapper and not be able to use my arms the next day.

Ric
04-27-2007, 12:22 PM
yes i am young and im not trying to preach. but its one of those things you have to do to understand. There would be nights where Id come home from a 150 lapper and not be able to use my arms the next day. you realize that doesn't make you an athlete dontcha?

uawaterskier
04-27-2007, 12:24 PM
yes but I realize that I had to train in order to be able to do that. I dont think that anyone can jump behind the wheel for that long and not have serious fatigue issues

Ric
04-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Paco frames houses for a living. He's very good at it. Sometimes working 12 hour days all week long. Up and down the ladder all day, carrying 2x6's and weilding a paslode nail gun overhead and all around ALL day.

If you or I walked up and tried to work with Paco tomorrow, we would not be able to move on Sunday or Monday... No matter how many gym hours we put in this past year. Let alone how horrible our productivity would be :rolleyes:

Is Paco an athlete?

uawaterskier
04-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Paco frames houses for a living. He's very good at it. Sometimes working 12 hour days all week long. Up and down the ladder all day, carrying 2x6's and weilding a paslode nail gun overhead and all around ALL day.

If you or I walked up and tried to work with Paco tomorrow, we would not be able to move on Sunday or Monday... No matter how many gym hours we put in this past year. Let alone how horrible our productivity would be :rolleyes:

Is Paco an athlete?
Paco isnt playing a sport...but good point none the less

Ric
04-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Paco isnt playing a sport...but good point none the less neither is a race driver if you wanna be technical about it

uawaterskier
04-27-2007, 12:30 PM
alright Ric ill let you think driving a car is non-athletic, but only if you let me think it is.

trickskier
04-27-2007, 12:31 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :steering:

TMCNo1
04-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Is Paco an athlete?

PACO??????????? I thought Paco was a PAstie/taCO combo! What was I thinking?

trickskier
04-27-2007, 12:35 PM
alright Ric ill let you think driving a car is non-athletic, but only if you let me think it is.
Don't worry UA, there are more of us that know drivers are athletes than not.

Ric
04-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Don't worry UA, there are more of us that know drivers are athletes than not. just don't forget about paco ok?

River Rat
04-27-2007, 12:44 PM
sounds like we need a pole..........UMP???

trickskier
04-27-2007, 01:03 PM
just don't forget about paco ok?
Is he related to Juan Pablo???

Ric
04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Is he related to Juan Pablo??? That I do not know

Ric
04-27-2007, 01:15 PM
This is a good list stevo

Race fans crack me up because they get carried away with themselves and that athelete stuff, that's all. AND it's sure easy to getem arguin!

I love everthing about racing. The cars, the engines, the tracks, the garages, the engineering, the pundits, the speculation, the trash talkin, the dirty drivin, the CHICKS, all of it. I'd do it in a minute but it'd be an awfully late start.

NASCAR facts

IMO, TONY STEWART IS A SORE LOSER WHO CAN'T TAKE A DOSE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE...

MYMC
04-27-2007, 01:29 PM
just don't forget about paco ok?
Hey, is Paco a citizen, a legal immigrant or is he here illegally?

Athlete or not if he is in this country illegally we should pack his a$$ right back where it came from.

Ric
04-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey, is Paco a citizen, a legal immigrant or is he here illegally?

Athlete or not if he is in this country illegally we should pack his a$$ right back where it came from. well I thought we weren't supposed to ask that ;)

trickskier
04-27-2007, 01:47 PM
well I thought we weren't supposed to ask that ;)
We wouldn't get any oranges picked in FL if we did..............8p

TMCNo1
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Is he related to Juan Pablo???

Yea, Paco Taco Pastie Montoya! He's Juan's, sister's, brother's, mother's, uncle's, cousin's nephew's, bambino, twice removed and wrestles part time with El Asso Whippo in pre race activities at the Mexico City Busch road race every spring!:rolleyes: :cool: :D

04-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Race fans crack me up because they get carried away with themselves and that athelete stuff, that's all. AND it's sure easy to getem arguin!

I love everthing about racing. The cars, the engines, the tracks, the garages, the engineering, the pundits, the speculation, the trash talkin, the dirty drivin, the CHICKS, all of it. I'd do it in a minute but it'd be an awfully late start.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ric
04-27-2007, 05:01 PM

I love everthing about racing. The cars, the engines, the tracks, the garages, the engineering, the pundits, the speculation, the trash talkin, the dirty drivin, the CHICKS, all of it. I'd do it in a minute but it'd be an awfully late start. I took off my shirt and stood on the couch in order to come up with that last paragraph

04-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I took off my shirt and stood on the couch in order to come up with that last paragraph
good for you.

trickskier
04-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I took off my shirt and stood on the couch in order to come up with that last paragraph
Were you wearing a speed-o too..............:rolleyes:

Ric
04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
nope, just had a half hold on the flannister of a half empty six pack of tall boys and a will to pissoff the neighbors!

Monte
04-28-2007, 11:28 PM
nope, just had a half hold on the flannister of a half empty six pack of tall boys and a will to pissoff the neighbors!

Ric..... you da man!!!!!!!!!:smile: :purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh