PDA

View Full Version : Show some pictures of your stainless steel grill.

boatless
04-25-2007, 01:18 PM
I am in a market for a stainless steel grill, can't figure out what to buy since there are so many out there. Could you guy show some pictures of what you have and what do you like about it ?

Thanks,

boatless.

Sodar
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
I am in a market for a stainless steel grill, can't figure out what to buy since there are so many out there. Could you guy show some pictures of what you have and what do you like about it ?

Thanks,

boatless.

I will get some pics of the installed grill when I get home tonight. Last year, I built and installed this grill into out outdoor kitchen, the pic below is the cart mounted version, but ours is essentially the same thing, minus the side shelves... 48" though, the thing is a monster!!

boatless
04-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I will get some pics of the installed grill when I get home tonight. Last year, I built and installed this grill into out outdoor kitchen, the pic below is the cart mounted version, but ours is essentially the same thing, minus the side shelves... 48" though, the thing is a monster!!

Sodar,

How do you clean the stainless steel after each use to keep it look nice ? Most of the time you have black smoke from grilling, I hope it wont stick to the grill forever like our cheap one does. Does your has natural gas or propane ? Which would be better ?

boatless.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I went with the Stainless Steel Weber about 3 years ago. I don't think they had one available with a stainless frame at the time. I might have considered that if they did. Not that I have a problem with mine. Use it often, if I get a chance I'll take a pic.
Never thought I would take a picture of my grill;)

On second thought, you are talking about a grill you cook on and not this type right...:confused:

trickskier
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM

Thanks,

boatless.
Charcoal or gas?

Sodar
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Sodar,

How do you clean the stainless steel after each use to keep it look nice ? Most of the time you have black smoke from grilling, I hope it wont stick to the grill forever like our cheap one does. Does your has natural gas or propane ? Which would be better ?

boatless.

I went with Natural Gas, just because I ran a gas line to it, so I never need to refill propane tanks again. As for the smoke and crap, with the higher quality stainless, it wipes off with this stuff:

http://www.keysan.com/pictures/big/camr2824.jpg

boatless
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Charcoal or gas?

Gas, would be my choice. I don't want to mess around with the charcoal. But I heard that charcoal makes the meet taste better. :D

boatless.

trickskier
04-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Gas, would be my choice. I don't want to mess around with the charcoal. But I heard that charcoal makes the meet taste better. :D

boatless.
I have one of each because my wife doesn't like the charcoal taste. I think charcoal has a lot better flavor......Just bought this SS charcoal grill a couple of weeks ago.........Love it, you can adjust the hight of the coals while you're cooking.......Great for smoking ribs!!!

Maristar210
04-25-2007, 02:13 PM
This is what I bought 7 or 8 years ago. Other than using stainless cleaner and refueling I have done absolutely nothing to it and it is without question the very best grill I have ever owned. It is not cheap but worth the money IMO>

http://www.tecinfrared.com/residential-grills.php

trickskier
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
This is what I bought 7 or 8 years ago. Other than using stainless cleaner and refueling I have done absolutely nothing to it and it is without question the very best grill I have ever owned. It is not cheap but worth the money IMO>

http://www.tecinfrared.com/residential-grills.php
Original burners? How often do you use it?

Ric
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Get a combo and have it all baby! MarkP posted a pic of mine a year or two ago when he used to hang around this board

Maristar210
04-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Original burners? How often do you use it?

Rick

The burners are ceramic. The heat is infrared. It is the last grill you will ever buy. It is also $1800 for the cheapest model up the $8000 for the Rod sized one. Once or twice a week we use it year round. Cooked steaks on it Sunday. Delicious....

trickskier
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Rick

The burners are ceramic. The heat is infrared. It is the last grill you will ever buy. It is also $1800 for the cheapest model up the $8000 for the Rod sized one. Once or twice a week we use it year round. Cooked steaks on it Sunday. Delicious....
Thanks for the info.......I need a new gas grill

TX.X-30 fan
04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I must have missed the memo about (show off your grill day). :confused: This is ours and is 4yrs. old NG.

Thinking about grilling this up for Maristar210. :D :D

SNOOTYSKIER
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
I see you people are ruining this thread as well with pictures of Rosie.

TX.X-30 fan
04-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I see you people are ruining this thread as well with pictures of Rosie.

I resemble that remark. :( :( :( :(

milkmania
04-25-2007, 06:14 PM
I must have missed the memo about (show off your grill day). :confused: This is ours and is 4yrs. old NG.

Thinking about grilling this up for Maristar210. :D :D

we're to "attach" five items now?

TX.X-30 fan
04-25-2007, 06:18 PM
we're to "attach" five items now?

I am not a moderator!!!!! ;)

boatless
04-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, I looked at some grills again yesterday and holly cra*&%^b !!. The price is totally high, with that much money I can buy a bunch of meat and use my fire pit as a grill instead. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the info.

boatless.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Well, I looked at some grills again yesterday and holly cra*&%^b !!. The price is totally high, with that much money I can buy a bunch of meat and use my fire pit as a grill instead. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the info.

boatless.
So I get this straight. You ask for pics of our SS grills. Then go price them accordingly, and now you no longer want one....?:confused:

Maristar210
04-26-2007, 09:27 AM
So I get this straight. You ask for pics of our SS grills. Then go price them accordingly, and now you no longer want one....?:confused:

How did I know that was going to happen? Guess I should have known with the user ID of Boatless.8p

Workin' 4 Toys
04-26-2007, 09:31 AM
How did I know that was going to happen? Guess I should have known with the user ID of Boatless.8p
Around tmc it would be like me asking you folks to show me your significant other's diamonds and then taking the photos and showing my wife.....:o :o :o

Maristar210
04-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Around tmc it would be like me asking you folks to show me your significant other's diamonds and then taking the photos and showing my wife.....:o :o :o

Wonder if he gets any responses to his future questions? I know several people that will shop for years and never intend to buy anything because thier *** cheeks wont allow them to spend it.

Me? I say leave 'em debt and let the bank figure it out:D

milkmania
04-26-2007, 09:53 AM
here's ya a grill!!!

http://www.komar.org/bbq/biggest_bbq/biggest_bbq_grill.jpg

some good info from here: http://www.komar.org/bbq/

boatless
04-26-2007, 10:52 AM

:D :D Just kidding, My wife and I will pick one up this weekend. We need one quick, cause our daughter is going to be one this July. The wify wants to make a big deal of it. :D

boatless.

Sodar
04-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Here is a pick of the outdoor kitchen I built for my mom. Unfortunately, it has the cover over the grill, but like I said above, it is the DCS 48" BBQ...

Workin' 4 Toys
04-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Sodar- The most important element is covered.:confused: .....Alright...Change the thread name to post pics of your SS grill's cover.....8p

Sodar
04-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Sodar- The most important element is covered.:confused: .....Alright...Change the thread name to post pics of your SS grill's cover.....8p

Chi-Town tomorrow night!! :)