PDA

View Full Version : How To Hold Boat And Clean Bottom?

athen99
04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I know I'll probably just have to crawl underneath and clean around the bunks and trailer, but I wanted to ask if there were any neat ideas people have come up with to do this. I thought about building some cradles , then clean , then move the cradles to finish. Anyone done this? I have an 88' Prostar 190.

lawless1
04-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Call me lazy or unwilling to drop my boat in an unsuccessful lifting attempt, but I took my boat to a detail shop that lifts boats off of the trailer and let them do the bottem.

athen99
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Where are you located? I'm in the NE corner of Indiana?

cjb1
04-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Using the trailer jack lower the front of boat/trailer all the way down. Then block up the back of the boat crank the trailer jack back up and it will drop the bunks down. Put it back on the trailer then block up the front to get the rest. Sounds a lot more daunting than it really is.
Still have to work around the trailer but able to get all the hard to reach places.

athen99
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
You know what! The KISS method always works!! Keep it simple stupid! That's a great idea! I'll work any day , I hate paying for elbow grease.

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Question, who is going to see a 4" x 12' strip on the boat hull on the trailer and in the water. But, if you have it on a boat lift, some if not all of the cleaning and waxing of that area is solved.

Ric
04-25-2007, 02:52 PM
to answer the subject of this thread, I like to hold the 197 gently and show as much love as possible

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-25-2007, 02:59 PM
to answer the subject of this thread, I like to hold the 197 gently and show as much love as possible
a woman's touch.

04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Question, who is going to see a 4" x 12' strip on the boat hull on the trailer and in the water.
TRU DAT Harold! If your really concerned, the easiest way is to take a scuba mask, a sponge and some biodegradable-enviromentally safe-fish flavored-politically correct soap and clean it in the lake. Safety first!!!!dont forget to take the key out, disconnet lanyard from the safety switch, and disconnect the battery, pull the coil wire, and take the starter out just to be sure. :)

dmayer84
04-25-2007, 03:06 PM
UMP, do you just put on your cape and lift the boat with one hand and clean with the other?

Ric
04-25-2007, 03:23 PM
a woman's touch. Love :love:

04-25-2007, 03:23 PM
UMP, do you just put on your cape and lift the boat with one hand and clean with the other?
((Shhhh!!!! :mad: :rolleyes: uh....yea..typically I do:o )))

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 03:45 PM

Ric is my shero! :rolleyes: :D

athen99
04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I used to live on the lake, but divorce is an ugly thing and now I live in an apartment. Working on the boat in my GF's garage and want to get everything ready before I take it to the lake 45 minutes away! I like all the OTHER ideas tho!

Evan Jones
04-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Question, who is going to see a 4" x 12' strip on the boat hull on the trailer and in the water. But, if you have it on a boat lift, some if not all of the cleaning and waxing of that area is solved.

When I do this with my 205......

east tx skier
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Mix some soapy water up in a bucket and, with your boat in the water, suds up the bunks really good. Drive your boat back on the trailer. Wait a minute or so and back it off again. Rinse the bunks and apply spray wax to them. Drive the boat back on . Washed and wax. Be very careful the next time you launch. Don't unhook it until it's over the water. Those waxed bunks are slick as can be.

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Mix some soapy water up in a bucket and, with your boat in the water, suds up the bunks really good. Drive your boat back on the trailer. Wait a minute or so and back it off again. Rinse the bunks and apply spray wax to them. Drive the boat back on . Washed and wax. Be very careful the next time you launch. Don't unhook it until it's over the water. Those waxed bunks are slick as can be.

We sometimes go on Sunday to the Float-In Church and Baptismal Boat Wash over next to the new Floating McDonald's with the Idle in Window and get some Happy Meals to go!:D

Ric
04-25-2007, 04:39 PM
We sometimes go on Sunday to the Float-In Church and Baptismal Boat Wash over next to the new Floating McDonald's with the Idle in Window and get some Happy Meals to go!:D no kidding, a vanload of people showed up at our ski lake one weekend looking for the river. we told them it was not the river and they asked if they could baptize their niece here.... Nobody there was about to say no, so they did it. I think that means our lakewater is blessed too!

Monte
04-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Place one hand on hull use toilet paper with other hand..............

Ric
04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Place one hand on hull use toilet paper with other hand.............. One square only per Mastercraft per day, please/.

milkmania
04-25-2007, 06:10 PM

come on..... admit it

you wax your bunks and load and unload your boat repeatedly...... don't ya;)

tbd01
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
this dude-chick, whatever is hilarious:D :D :D

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
this dude-chick, whatever is hilarious:D :D :D

He is our resident Standup and/or Squat Comedian!
Sorry Ric, it just overwhelmed me!

Slinkyredfoot
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
The more posts I read of yours Harold the more I realize you are the "Guru" of common sense, logic, tomfoolery and hijinx...love you comments my fellow TTer

milkmania
04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
The more posts I read of yours Harold the more I realize you are the "Guru" of common sense, logic, tomfoolery and hijinx...love you comments my fellow TTer

he's one of those guys when you meet......

you just say, " I wanna party with that dude!"http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/images/smilies/co4x4/titanic.gif

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme I've never heard it put that way, thanks, I do what I can!

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
he's one of those guys when you meet......

you just say, " I wanna party with that dude!"http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/images/smilies/co4x4/titanic.gif

I may not be fun to party with, but they say I'm fun to watch getting in and out of a boat!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

tbd01
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM
He is our resident Standup and/or Squat Comedian!
Sorry Ric, it just overwhelmed me!
whatever he is, its-he's hilarious

milkmania
04-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I may not be fun to party with, but they say I'm fun to watch getting in and out of a boat!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

aw heck, you probably gotta get in bed by 9:00 or something odd like that

8p