PDA

View Full Version : Mini Towers

mplinski
08-04-2004, 01:29 AM
I'm looking for some pics of a mini tower on any late model MC's. I have one, and I'm debating on getting speakers to hang from it, but I'm afraid I'm going to hit my head on the dam things. A dealer recommend that I install the speaker cans on the outside of the tower just above the board/ski racks, but I think the bindings are going to get in the way. If I install them on the top, then my bimini top won't work so that's out. Any suggestions.

Stritt
08-04-2004, 09:49 AM
look in the showroom under 35th_197, I have some pics there.

mplinski
08-04-2004, 11:12 AM
35th,

Do you have the speakers for the tower, or did you opt out for them? If you don't mind, would you post a pic so I can see them. Also, what year is your bimini? It looks a little different from the others that I've seen.

Stritt
08-04-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm 6'1 and already bump my head. I did not go with speakers for that reason. The bimini was custom made. I had it made at the same time as the cover.

6balls
08-04-2004, 08:05 PM
You will bump you head - especially when you have a hat on. After a while you just get used to having an egg on on your noggen all the time.

SD190EVO
08-05-2004, 11:58 AM
I have them on my mini and I am 6' and I do not bump my head. I love them. I'll see if I can go out to the garage and take a pic.

SD190EVO
08-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Maybe these will show. They are tucked up in the corners so they really have never been in the way.

captkidd
08-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Good looking crew you have there. Good idea on the speaker location too.

mplinski
08-08-2004, 01:29 PM
The speakers are tucked away pretty nicely. Much better than I thought. Thanks for the photo's.

Andyg
10-26-2004, 06:09 PM
SD190EVO
Did you mount the speakers yourself? How did you do it? Did you drill your own holes and put new threaded inserts in?

Thanks

Andy

crdickey
10-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Looking at the other pictures posted, the tower looks different than my 2003 and different than you picture in your gallery.

The placement of the speakers, lights and the tower mounted bimini are all factory and work very well together. When the bimini is open, it covers everything. I did change the position of the tweeters rotating them to the 10:00 & 2:00 positions on the left and right speakers respectivly, which is the part I whacked my head on. On my tower, if you move them more out board they would interfere with the bimini deployment.

I bumped my head once the first day and not since.

lakes Rick
10-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Dumb question time ( Or as my English teacher used to say" no such thing as a dumb question").

Whats the difference of a Mini tower and a Regular one???

Andyg
10-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Lakes Rick
A mini tower is just a lower tower than the typical tower. A lot of people complain about hitting their heads on them, but I like it because it has a more streamlined look to it over the standard tower. For the wakeboarding that my friends and I do this tower will be just fine. I just have to remember to duck!

Andy

paulphillipson
10-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Her's my '04. I'm 6-0, and I seem to hit 'em quite often. Putting them outboard looks really attractive.

crdickey
10-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Nice looking boat Paul!

Looks like you would hit the frequently since their right in the middle, why don't you move them outwardmore? When I stand up from the drivers seat, I pivot and come up right between mine. The picture is posted above and shows the tower lights in between.

It will also give you better stereo sound seperation if they are apart.

Just a suggestion

Mag_Red
10-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Lakes Rick
A mini tower is just a lower tower than the typical tower. A lot of people complain about hitting their heads on them, but I like it because it has a more streamlined look to it over the standard tower. For the wakeboarding that my friends and I do this tower will be just fine. I just have to remember to duck!

Andy I agree ! Being only 5'7", I don't think I would have a problem with a mini tower. Only problem is they don't make it for the 209. At least that is my understanding.