PDA

View Full Version : Steroe system question

arob21
04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
I just recently purchased two 10" kicker comp marine ready subs along with 4 Kicker KM620. I also bought an optima marine battery to go along with my starter battery. My boat already had Alpine MRP-T406 amplifier which is a fairly week amp. I need to know what other amp i should buy to push these new speakers. I am willing to spend some cash on this but i have no idea what amplifier i should get. It will be installed under the passenger dash which is pretty secluded and out of the elements. I was looking at the clarion 480. Also with this setup how will this kicker system sound when installed professionally.
thanks

arob21
04-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Bump...
I really would like your input on this.

Maristar210
04-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I just recently purchased two 10" kicker comp marine ready subs along with 4 Kicker KM620. I also bought an optima marine battery to go along with my starter battery. My boat already had Alpine MRP-T406 amplifier which is a fairly week amp. I need to know what other amp i should buy to push these new speakers. I am willing to spend some cash on this but i have no idea what amplifier i should get. It will be installed under the passenger dash which is pretty secluded and out of the elements. I was looking at the clarion 480. Also with this setup how will this kicker system sound when installed professionally.
thanks

Do a search learn how to type and welcome aboard :D

FlatBoard
04-24-2007, 09:07 PM
What about using a kicker amp that matches up to your equipment. I am sure you would get some good advice from their website. I like the JL Audio slash series.. Check 'em out a www.jlaudio.com.

I have never heard kicker equipment, so I can't comment on sound quality...

Good luck

lav
04-24-2007, 09:24 PM
jl slash series very efficent
rate your amp wattage to your speaker wattage( ex. 500 w sub 500 w mono amp )

chevy08bud
04-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Are you looking for a new sub amp and speaker amp, or just a speaker amp? With two subs, I'd be looking for a different amp than the one that you currently have. You'll want more power than it can offer, plus, you don't want to underpower the subs or speakers. I'd go with Alpine amps all the way.

Diesel
04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
How about a little more info. What boat, how many/type of speakers, tower speakers, head unit, etc??

DrJ
04-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Last year I put one kicker 12" sub in a custom box under the passenger dash. Also replaced the 4 factory Clarion speakers with new Infinity Kappa's. I used two amps. One single channel for the sub and a four channel for the Kappa's. The system rocks. This year I put in the Infinity tower speaker system with their factory amp. With the volume way up the sound from the tower speakers is a little distorted but at mid volume they sound great. Also installed a second battery. Just in case. Installed a voltage switch so you can run both batteries in parallel or one at a time. It works great. If I were you I would go with two amps. If you are spending the money on high end speakers you want to push them to their potential. Dont know if this helps. Good Luck.

JBaker
04-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Clarion APX480M is probably the best bang for the buck in the way of marine amps. Lots of power and very reliable. APX480M is a great amp to drive those 2 10" subs. JL M1400 wouldn't be a bad choice either. You can run all 4 of your speakers off that Alpine amp. It will probably be sufficent, if its not you may need to upgrade it.