PDA

View Full Version : Is this only the beginning?

bcampbe7
04-24-2007, 10:46 AM
If the US auto industry does not get their heads out of their a$$es we will be seeing more of this!

Toyota passes GM (http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/24/news/international/toyota_gm.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007042405)

milkmania
04-24-2007, 10:51 AM
If the US auto industry does not get their heads out of their a$$es we will be seeing more of this!

Toyota passes GM (http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/24/news/international/toyota_gm.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007042405)

saw that scroll by at the bottom of the screen this morning on cnn....

very discouraging.... maybe it's only going to be just this quarter, and not a trend:rolleyes:

Ric
04-24-2007, 10:56 AM
beau, ya beat me to it
I heard the news this am, it was no surprise.
hell even jack bauer drives a toyoto now:rolleyes:

uncleboo
04-24-2007, 12:13 PM
There is a Nissan plant in my area and it employs many of my friends/neighbors. To me that is American made....

milkmania
04-24-2007, 12:16 PM
from that same link above

Nissan seeks to cut 1,500 jobs in Japan

Automaker plans voluntary early retirement program as domestic market shrinks.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/23/news/international/bc.nissan.jobs2.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007042322

jenglin
04-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I read an article regarding Toyota entering NASCAR Nextel Cup Series awhile back. The article read that the top 3 auto makers that were in the Nextel Cup Series (Chevy, Ford, Dodge) are all pi$$ed that a forgien company is coming into NASCAR and that it's going to ruin the "American" sport. However in the last paragraph of the article said that the top 3 don't have any room too talk. It said that even though all 3 are based in the US their production is not. Ford is made in Mexico, Dodge and Chevy are both made in Canada, and Toyota is the only one produced by American hands in Kentucky. Too me that is "American" made! They are employing Americans where the other 3 are employing forgiens to build their product. I am a loyal GM fan, the wife is even employed by them, but you cannot argue the "Quality" Toyota produces. I'll try to find the article and post the link here.

Maristar210
04-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Workin for Toys must be at the bar pounding shots after reading that.

jenglin
04-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Here is the paragraph I was talking about;

"Ironically, there will be only one Nextel Cup car on the track next year whose showroom version is actually manufactured on U.S. soil. The Ford Fusion is assembled in Mexico, while the Chevrolet Monte Carlo and the Dodge Charger are built in Canada. In fact, Dodge is owned and operated by foreign manufacturer Daimler-Chrysler, a German company. The Camry, the model Toyota will race in 2007, is made in Kentucky, by American hands in factories run on U.S. soil. Despite being based in Japan, Toyota has found a way to tear down cultural barriers and define itself within the American psyche, blurring the line between domestic and foreign cars."

I thought that was pretty interesting.

Leroy
04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
The problem with that view of American made is you do not have the headquarters and people associated with that and you do not have the profits. Guess where the Toyota profits go.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
beau, ya beat me to it
HA HA!!!!! :uglyhamme You rule Ric!!!:headbang:

Yea, what does that say about our country when our head CTU agent-America's hero-resident bada$$ drives an import..... he was probably forced to make some of the parts for that truck during his 2 years in prison. ;)

04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Somebody should check on him.:o I hope he didnt decide to commit Harry Carey after reading that news. it is quite a disgrace. Maybe he gouged his own eyeballs out after he read it, like Oedipus did when he got the bad news. 8p

04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Guess where the Toyota profits go.
Mongo dunno, has to do with where choo-choo go. http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/films/tt0071230/60205.jpg

h20_skidog
04-24-2007, 01:41 PM
I used to own a '96 Toyota Camry, and after 3 years I went to the dealer to get a new set of windshield wipers. I was asked if my Camry was made in Japan, or here in America; I didn't know and asked why?

Turns out the wiper blades for the Japan made Camry's were longer than those made in the states...weird. Anyway, I was told that my VIN would start with a 'J' if it was made in Japan.

So I said ok and was about to walk out and check when I was asked if I had the vehicle in for service? No I answered and then was told it was more than likely a Japan made model because the American models had a lot more service issues!

Now this begs the question why :confused: and I'm NOT going there! Turns out my Camry was made in Japan and it performed well for 9 years (130K miles)!

Ric
04-24-2007, 02:00 PM
I used to own a '96 Toyota Camry, and after 3 years I went to the dealer to get a new set of windshield wipers. I was asked if my Camry was made in Japan, or here in America; I didn't know and asked why?

Turns out the wiper blades for the Japan made Camry's were longer than those made in the states...weird. Anyway, I was told that my VIN would start with a 'J' if it was made in Japan.

So I said ok and was about to walk out and check when I was asked if I had the vehicle in for service? No I answered and then was told it was more than likely a Japan made model because the American models had a lot more service issues!

Now this begs the question why :confused: and I'm NOT going there! Turns out my Camry was made in Japan and it performed well for 9 years (130K miles)! American assembly workers hate their jobs?

Ric
04-24-2007, 02:02 PM
from that same link above

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/23/news/international/bc.nissan.jobs2.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007042322 This wholedamn mess coulda been avoided if that Bush woulda signed Kyoto

RexDog1
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
beau, ya beat me to it

It was not Jacks car, it was that pu$&y silver spoons guys car, Jack would never drive a Toyota

Jack would never drive a Toyota Jack would never drive a Toyota Jack would never drive a Toyota
Jack would never drive a Toyota Jack would never drive a Toyota Jack would never drive a Toyota

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

04-24-2007, 03:09 PM
It was not Jacks car, it was that pu$&y silver spoons guys car, Jack would never drive a Toyota

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:
Face it Rex, Jack loves Nafta. he is become soooo PC that it hurts. He converted while in Chinese prison. ;)

mcprostar197
04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Seems like most here are Yota haters, huh? Toyota's are the ****.....I guess my Tacoma wouldn't work that well towing the MC, but hey, those trucks last FOREVER.

Ric
04-24-2007, 03:54 PM
notahater here, but a lover.... OF CHEVY'S!

SNOOTYSKIER
04-24-2007, 05:23 PM

Toyota passes GM (http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/24/news/international/toyota_gm.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007042405):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rstitson
04-24-2007, 08:18 PM
The tundra max cab would haul the mastercraft, less expensive and probably last longer than a simular GMC ... and I am a GMC lover. We will probably get a tundra when it comes time to buy. One cars that never quit before we got tired of it and another 6 years old 90,000 + and not a hiccup.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Somebody should check on him.:o I hope he didnt decide to commit Harry Carey after reading that news. it is quite a disgrace. Maybe he gouged his own eyeballs out after he read it, like Oedipus did when he got the bad news. 8p
No worries fellas.. I read all about... And you know where my money goes....

Leroy
04-24-2007, 08:33 PM
GM said this would happen 9 months ago and that they were not going to lower prices to keep market share. It really doesn't matter if they are #1 or #2 if they make $$$$$ :D

Workin' 4 Toys
04-24-2007, 09:07 PM
GM said this would happen 9 months ago and that they were not going to lower prices to keep market share. It really doesn't matter if they are #1 or #2 if they make $$$$$ :D
And as long as they make $, they will continue to have employees.....

Leroy
04-24-2007, 09:56 PM
And that is more important than being #1, with cash you can decide your own future.....

And as long as they make $, they will continue to have employees.....

Hoosier Bob
04-24-2007, 10:10 PM
First off, NO! This does not appear to be the beginning but rather the end. The American Auto Maker has spent too much time raping the loyal and avoiding the obvious. I have said here before that any kid for the last 30-40 years can drive the same entry level sub-brand from Toyota and Honda while the US manufacturers have run away from sub-brands rather than fix them. Why is it that my child is not asking for a Pinto? If they had fixed the car I would have said, "In my day that was a Bomb!" Man has Ford fixed that ride! Instead I can tell you every TURD thay have run away from since! THE CIVIC WAS A TURD! They listened and fixed the CIVIC! We run! I have spent much time around the industry and it scares me! It is all about the show! Much spending and very little tracking and or accountability. Profits are obsorbed and reinvestment is poor at best. It sickens me to say we not only cannot but we will not get through this. The mentality for success is not present. Name one subbrand that exists today that is not successful. The longest is Suburban! Maybe we should change that one! There are only two reasons why a sub-brand is created or deleted! One is the target market is non-existant and the other is market expansion! The market that the Neon was originally targeted is STILL THERE! Fix your F-ING problems! We RUN! Ask any Teenager what he or she wants and it just may be a CIVIC not a HONDA! Figure it out and understand WFT you can support AMERICAN when they support you but if that never happens get "used" to used!:mad:

HB

Workin' 4 Toys
04-24-2007, 10:13 PM
After reading that....
I thought this was interesting....

Hoosier Bob
04-24-2007, 10:16 PM
My rant or Leroy's?:confused: What?After reading that....
I thought this was interesting....

Workin' 4 Toys
04-24-2007, 10:18 PM
My rant or Leroy's?:confused: What?
You crack me up. You do one heck of a job trying to convince the towel needs to be thrown into the ring.

Maristar210
04-24-2007, 10:20 PM
You crack me up. You do one heck of a job trying to convince the towel needs to be thrown into the ring.

I am not dead, neither are my employees........

Workin' 4 Toys
04-24-2007, 10:26 PM
My rant or Leroy's?:confused: What?
Oh, and I forgot to mention the "interesting" part of the pic I posted. We were only 100 users away from the most users ever online

Hoosier Bob
04-24-2007, 10:27 PM
If it were up to yourself and myself there would be no towel! Sorry wildman but I have returned from Detroit/Auburn Hills and really was left once again with no "Eye of the Tiger" feeling! Deadwood may be a more appropriate feeling. We need to fix our problems not rename them. Confusion should not be your marketing strategy! I say call it a "Turd!" Atleast be honest! We can fix this and it is fixable! Problem is in every meeting I attend the sales pitch is more geared toward how much the American community owes them! They exist because of the Japanese buyers? Who buys Chevrolet, Ford and Chrysler? THEY OWE US! It is time we collected! No more waste! Off the recored if you would like more info PM me! We are not working and they are! I am very much pro American but when I have to buy a Honda Valkyrie and listen to that Harley BS knowing that my HONDA HAS MORE AMERICAN PARTS THAN A HARLEY I HAVE A PROBLEM! Better, faster and a longer laster my friend!;) You crack me up. You do one heck of a job trying to convince the towel needs to be thrown into the ring.

6ballsisall
04-24-2007, 10:29 PM
First off, NO! This does not appear to be the beginning but rather the end. The American Auto Maker has spent too much time raping the loyal and avoiding the obvious. I have said here before that any kid for the last 30-40 years can drive the same entry level sub-brand from Toyota and Honda while the US manufacturers have run away from sub-brands rather than fix them. Why is it that my child is not asking for a Pinto? If they had fixed the car I would have said, "In my day that was a Bomb!" Man has Ford fixed that ride! Instead I can tell you every TURD thay have run away from since! THE CIVIC WAS A TURD! They listened and fixed the CIVIC! We run! I have spent much time around the industry and it scares me! It is all about the show! Much spending and very little tracking and or accountability. Profits are obsorbed and reinvestment is poor at best. It sickens me to say we not only cannot but we will not get through this. The mentality for success is not present. Name one subbrand that exists today that is not successful. The longest is Suburban! Maybe we should change that one! There are only two reasons why a sub-brand is created or deleted! One is the target market is non-existant and the other is market expansion! The market that the Neon was originally targeted is STILL THERE! Fix your F-ING problems! We RUN! Ask any Teenager what he or she wants and it just may be a CIVIC not a HONDA! Figure it out and understand WFT you can support AMERICAN when they support you but if that never happens get "used" to used!:mad:

HB

You make some good points HB.

I briefly watched an article this morning on I believe CNBC and basically the GM spokesperson touted that it was essentially mere luck on Toyota's recent success.....

I'd hardly call that feat mere luck. Further evidence to support your comments above about arrogance on the american auto manufacturers part if you ask me.
Does this mean I'll go switch brands tomorrow? No...... I have one American and one German made car in my garage. Does it make me think twice about that portion of our economy and how it affects my investments and the business partners I have in the Michigan market? Oh yes........ I just hope for the sake of alot of deserving americans the US auto groups get their head out of their arses and start attempting to run profitable operations like the overseas manufacturers do.

Off soap box....

Workin' 4 Toys
04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, It's a good thing I went to the Victory dealer down the street to look at bikes over the weekend. Otherwise I may have been offended by your comments. 8p
I think we agree on something, you go to too many corporate meetings nowadays...;)

Hoosier Bob
04-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I am not bashing the industry I only am expecting much more from them. Maybe the Fairytale is over and it is time to work for a living! We have plants here you know! Ask them how many clock in ride their motorcycle all day and return to clock out! I attended a business meeting where the cheapest item on the menu was $50!!!! The special was $70!!!! All this from a company that really may not know how it will be paying it's bills tomorrow! We need to be held to higher standards! I expect more from Walmart than I do Chevrolet! What is wrong with that? If McDonalds can do it with crap GM and others should be able to do it with a product! Lemings enjoy your Turds and all others buy the product that best represents "YOUR" investment! I hope that will be an American Brand some day!:o

Hoosier Bob
04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Ah Victory! I forgot that one! Thanks for keeping me in my place! Nice rides agreed.:D Well, It's a good thing I went to the Victory dealer down the street to look at bikes over the weekend. Otherwise I may have been offended by your comments. 8p
I think we agree on something, you go to too many corporate meetings nowadays...;)

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Toyota taking #1 has been projected for some time now.

I have worked extensively with (not employed by) Toyota the last +5yrs and their culture seems vastly different from other NA OEMs I've dealt with (on limited basis). Specifically, Toyota's relationship with their supplier has more of a 'partner' feel than a customer/supplier relationship. To me, this builds the feeling of ownership in the overall product.

My opinion is that the US auto industry had been too slow to react to the up and coming JOEMs (Japanese Original...), but in the long run maybe it works out as the bar must be raised. :confused: Incidentally, guess who has made the quickest gain in quality from initial entry into the business? Yep...the Koreans. As of about 3yrs ago, their quality curve exceeded what the JOEMs did when entering the industy.

One other tidbit. Toyota operates vehicle assembly plants in: Georgetown, KY; San Antonion, TX; the SF Bay area in CA (NUMMI -joint venture with GM); Ontario, Canada (home of the first ever NA built Lexus); Indiana (1 Toyota plant and additional production capacity at a SIA plant); and soon to be Tupelo(sp?), MS. They are investing in the regions that their vehicles are sold.

Obviously, I do hope that the NA auto companies return to profitability and I think they are changing their business models to do so.

Willski
04-24-2007, 10:56 PM
I hate to throw myself into the fire, but in my opinion, in recent years, the US manufacturers have left some openings in the market. In 02' we were looking for a 4 door car or small SUV. We ended up with a Nissan Altima because IMO it was the best car out there in its price range. I wanted a Chevy. (I was raised to not buy a Ford??? I don't have a good reason why though). In 06 we bought a Pilot. I wanted a Chevy. The Equinox had great looks, but no third seat. The Trailblazer extended version was too long for us.

I know everyone has there own opinions, but I do think the foreign car companies are investing in America. Also, America has had such high wages, compared to other countries, that eventually, the global labor rate has to equalize.

Wow.....I just kept typeing.....

6ballsisall
04-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Toyota taking #1 has been projected for some time now.

I have worked extensively with (not employed by) Toyota the last +5yrs and their culture seems vastly different from other NA OEMs I've dealt with (on limited basis). Specifically, Toyota's relationship with their supplier has more of a 'partner' feel than a customer/supplier relationship. To me, this builds the feeling of ownership in the overall product.

Interesting you brought that up Phat. I had re-read an older article in a Harvard Business Review that did a comparison on General Motors and their vendor relationship. The resounding evidence was that GM in many cases drove their own suppliers out of business. The short story is GM rode their vendors hard and often beat them up on pricing and credit terms.
Conversely, there was a comparison given with Toyota in the same article and had several key points to support your statements about Toyota's desire to see their vendors make money and prosper as well. It's amazing how much harder a vendor will work for you when you aren't always trying to gouge their eyeballs out......:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I know everyone has there own opinions, but I do think the foreign car companies are investing in America. Also, America has had such high wages, compared to other countries, that eventually, the global labor rate has to equalize.

Cincinnati and parts of Kentucky love Toyota and what they do for that economy, I know first hand....
Seems like Nissan is equally loved in TN.

Hoosier Bob
04-24-2007, 11:12 PM
I think it may be time to focus our attention on the "Weakstick" that set fire to this building and ran!

Thanks Beau!:mad:

bcampbe7
04-24-2007, 11:22 PM
I love it...

I give you guys a topic and you run with it.

Honestly I am not brand loyal to any manufacturer. My Dad will not buy any vehicle unless it says Ford on the front. As long as I can depend on the vehicle to get me from point A to point B with great comfort and reliability, I could care less.

The last vehicle I bought was a GMC. I absolutely love it and will buy another one when needed, if the quality is still there. If not, I will look elsewhere. I don't "owe" any of the car manufacturers anything.

All manufacturers have their problems. It's how those companies handle those problems that tells you their future.

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-24-2007, 11:25 PM
It's amazing how much harder a vendor will work for you when you aren't always trying to gouge their eyeballs out......:rolleyes:
I may be sheltered in that I'm on the engineering/development side rather than the commercial side, but if you asked me to name a negative aspect of being a supplier to Toyota...I don't think I could do so without thinking for a while.

Cincinnati and parts of Kentucky love Toyota and what they do for that economy, I know first hand....
I can second that, but also state that the locations of our mfgs plants feel the same.

OFF TOPIC: I should have heeded your warnings about the 6.0L Powerstroke, but I'm still holding out hope that I'll get my issues resolved. :(

EDIT: Kinda back on topic. I don't own a Toyota, so it's not brand loyalty. I own a MasterCraft, a Ford Excursion, and a 'drive it until it dies' Hyundai Sonata (with a MC sticker on it).

6ballsisall
04-24-2007, 11:39 PM
OFF TOPIC: I should have heeded your warnings about the 6.0L Powerstroke, but I'm still holding out hope that I'll get my issues resolved. :(

Sorry to hear it Phat. It's one fine looking rig you have. Hey if it doesn't work out I hear Toyota is working on a diesel! 8p :uglyhamme

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-24-2007, 11:46 PM
It's one fine looking rig you have.
Looks fine sitting in the service bay keeping my boat from heading to the lake! Nah...I'll get it worked out, or be keeping a close eye on how the 6.4L does, or perhaps a diesel in the F150's future, or... 8p

Hey if it doesn't work out I hear Toyota is working on a diesel!
I can neither confirm or deny. :cool:

captain planet
04-25-2007, 12:03 AM
I briefly watched an article this morning on I believe CNBC and basically the GM spokesperson touted that it was essentially mere luck on Toyota's recent success.....

Yea right......it is just "mere luck" that Toyota has the most fuel efficient fleet of vehicles sold in America and now they are #1. Looks like they will remain #1 until Detoilet gets their heads our of their a$%#$. :(

Workin' 4 Toys
04-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I love it...

I give you guys a topic and you run with it.
Are you the same guy that is promoting another boat brand on this site?

PendO
04-25-2007, 01:44 AM
I have no problem with a Japanese automaker being #1 in market share ... we did drop two atomic bombs ontheir country after Pearl Harbor ...

sizzler
04-25-2007, 04:17 AM
ouch.................

i drive a toyota landcruiser amazon......its my third one..(1 stolen,1 sunk)..never been back to the garage for anything......very good cars..

Ric
04-25-2007, 08:23 AM
ouch.................

i drive a toyota landcruiser amazon......its my third one..(1 stolen,1 sunk)..never been back to the garage for anything......very good cars.. There is crime in jolly ol England? How'd the one get sunk? Is it a good story?

04-25-2007, 08:39 AM
I think it may be time to focus our attention on the "Weakstick" that set fire to this building and ran!

Thanks Beau!
HA! Beau, you weakstick! :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

8p 8p

jenglin
04-25-2007, 09:36 AM
When I was in college, I took a management class where all we did for an entire semester was study Japan's industry management style. My professor was a manager at John Deere during the farm crisis in the early 80's. John Deere sent him to Japan to study there management style and bring it back here. When the farm crisis hit John Deere employed 17,000 ppl and after this new management style was implemented they were able to produce more product with less defect with only 5,000 employees. My professor made John Deere big $$$ by implementing this new management theory.

I am a loyal American buyer, but I am also realistic to admit Japan's companies have their s**t together when it comes to producing quality.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
GM is still No1 in sales in the US. This information Beau started this with is worldwide. Those numbers for the quarter are GM 2.26million (as a record) Yota's 2.35million (also a record). And it appears this may be "manufacturer units, not actual sales???)
But I question why the sales increased in China by 25% for GM.....

Another question, Has anyone seen a GM "only" rental dealership? And this seems to be where GM has pulled back, rental units. I have seen Yota "only" rental dealships.

Ric
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Recently in detroit as a fly-in fly out car renter, I noticed only domestics on the Hertz lot. Don't know if that's a policy or not

04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
I cant believe you were in my state, who let you in?

Ric
04-25-2007, 02:49 PM
I cant believe you were in my state, who let you in? ... yooos guys are in trouble;)

04-25-2007, 02:52 PM
... yooos guys are in trouble;)
I can clearly see that. I am making phone calls now.

Hoosier Bob
04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Must have been "Smart Bombs!" :o I have no problem with a Japanese automaker being #1 in market share ... we did drop two atomic bombs ontheir country after Pearl Harbor ...

04-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Must have been "Smart Bombs!" :o
Hey, didnt Maxwell Smart have villains that wanted to use a "Nude Bomb" that rendered everyone completely naked? why cant someone use one of those??, at least have "Nude Grenades" that would not hurt anyone, just blow their clothes off for like a 30 yard radius. :D :cool: that way you could select the "CORRECT" targets:D

Ric
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM
yoos guys really are in trouble ump.
the ol actor that from the 80's (jeff somethingoranother) has been all over my tv the last 6months to a year trying to invite all of us to move our businesses to Michigan.

04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
yoos guys really are in trouble ump.
the ol actor that from the 80's (jeff somethingoranother) has been all over my tv the last 6months to a year trying to invite all of us to move our businesses to Michigan.
Really? so your going to distribute illegals setscrews & cheap sunglasses from here instead? I saw Erik Estrada on TV at 6:30 am several mornings trying to sell some dusty ol sage brush land in California as an "investment opportunity":rolleyes:

Next thing you know Danny Boneduce will be selling those craftmatic adjustable beds & Tina Yuthers will be selling those electric scooters. Times is haaard boy, times is haaard

Ric
04-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Really? so your going to distribute illegals setscrews & cheap sunglasses from here instead? I saw Erik Estrada on TV at 6:30 am several mornings trying to sell some dusty ol sage brush land in California as an "investment opportunity":rolleyes:

Next thing you know Danny Boneduce will be selling those craftmatic adjustable beds & Tina Yuthers will be selling those electric scooters. Times is haaard boy, times is haaardReally Ump. wish I could remember the actors name but he is pushing the michigan economic development somethingoranother

04-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Really Ump. wish I could remember the actors name but he is pushing the michigan economic development somethingoranother
Oh I believe you Ric! I mean it, I am not surprized at all. It seems all those has been celebs from the 70's and 80's are in every infomercial you see. I laugh my arse off at them while eating breakfast.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-26-2007, 09:28 AM
There must be alot less snow in Michigan.....And they are looking for supplimental income.
No snow = No snowmobiliers = No $$$

Maristar210
04-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Really Ump. wish I could remember the actors name but he is pushing the michigan economic development somethingoranother

Jeff Daniels. Michigan native and he still lives in our great state as does Teg Nugent but I hear they are not friends8p Thank god we got rid of Michael Moore to you liberal bast***ds out in Cali:D

04-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Jeff Daniels. Michigan native and he still lives in our great state as does Teg Nugent but I hear they are not friends
Oh yea, Daniels. Great. the author of that cinematic masterpiece "Escanaba in da moonlight". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :noface:

Well I hope his economic development skills are better than his film making skills. :(