PDA

View Full Version : Boat got stolen today

blackbeauty02
04-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Got home from working at about 8 and noticed something missing. It actually took me a second to realize my boat was gone. Kinda sucks but now I can go get a V-drive with the insurance money...as soon as they cut me a check.

pram
04-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Gone as in gone gone? That is incredible. Sorry to hear but look for the silver lining to the cloud

PendO
04-23-2007, 11:56 PM
are you making a list of all the gear that got stolen? Man, that really sucks!!!

BCBlazers
04-24-2007, 12:26 AM
what a bummer, maybe they'll return it....doubtful...but its a thought. my apt got broken into in the fall and my laptop and PS2 were the only things stolen! nothing was rummaged through or anything. my laptop was returned by a guy that said he bought it for 150 bucks! and its a $2300 laptop! not comparable to a MC for sure, but at least you get a new boat i reckon. where in the southwest are you from? i'm located in jackson MS at the time

Hrkdrivr
04-24-2007, 12:37 AM
First, sorry for your hassle. There's nothing I hate worse than a &^%$* thief. You sound like you're looking at the positive side, though...

I thought of something when I recently bought my first MC boat that would be easy for the company to install and make theft far less profitable, and this incident made me think of it again.

When I lived in the great state of Alaska, starting in about 1996, new snowmobiles were delivered with a new type of kill switch. Instead of a simple mechanical on/off-type kill device, the plug thingy had a computer chip that comunicated with another chip embedded somewhere in the engine block (I think). Improper computer chip and engine no worky. The tether was specific to the serial number of the engine and your name was registered in a database as being the owner of that engine/sled combo. If you lost the kill-tether, you had to go to the dealership and prove you owned that sled to get another tether programmed so the engine would work again.

Shortly after these devices his the street, snowmobile thefts plummeted and arrests increased. A typical thief would steal a sled in one town and then try to get a new tether in another town. The dealer would tell them to come back later, using programming time as an excuse, and when the brillint thief returned he'd be met by some boys in blue.

Maybe it's easier to defeat this system than I know, but it seems it would be simple to install and all we'd have to do is remove the kill-tether along w/the keys if we're leaving the boat somewhere it could be boosted...

JKTX21
04-24-2007, 02:24 AM
Maybe it's easier to defeat this system than I know, but it seems it would be simple to install and all we'd have to do is remove the kill-tether along w/the keys if we're leaving the boat somewhere it could be boosted...

Or we could just shoot them in the face on sight. :mad:
That's my serious face, because I'm serious. Thieves are the biggest cowards of all.

I'm sick of lazy people. Think of how much time, energy and money we could save if it weren't for theft. We wouldn't have to have locks or keys, theft insurance; you could leave your crap laying wherever you please. :rant:

I'll be the first person to admit, I am truly a lazy person by nature. Or I want to be at least. But I like having nice things and I have to work hard for those things. And I'm probably going to be the one that ends up in jail one day for ringing one of their necks (if and when I catch one). I'm prob. just pissed because I just got home from work. I'm off my soapbox.

And bummer to hear about your boat, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone!

jimmer2880
04-24-2007, 06:34 AM
bummer about your boat being stolen. That really stinks.

Jet
04-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Truly sorry about that !

Hopefully the insurance company won't give you too much trouble with the refund.

I also heard that you can have some kind of a tracking device on your boat, so you can track down where it is. It is pretty costly though.

Good luck !

T Scott
04-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Bummer about your boat! In addition to your equipment, trailer and personall item onteh boat, make sure the insurance company also covers the cost of sales tax on your boat as well as you will have to pay that in your state when you buy a new one. Depending on the tax rate in your state, this could add up to quite a bit of money. According to your profile, you owned a 1992 Prostar 205. It's market value is probably somewhere around $12,000-$13,000 Here in Florida, the sales tax rate is 7% For example, if the insurance company offers you 13,000 for your loss, they need to give you additional funding to cover the sales tax on a replacement boat of equal value.

Good luck!

jlf
04-24-2007, 08:08 AM
If you have a loan on the boat make sure to contact your financial and see what you are to do. Man you seem to be pretty cool about this. Reguardless if I wanted a new boat, dealing with insurance is a PITA and this isn't the way I'd want a new boat. I commed you for seeing the positive. I'd be PS'd

They stole it right out of your driveway?

Leroy
04-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Sorry to hear the news, with your attitude the cops will be dragging this one back to you soon!

Ric
04-24-2007, 08:27 AM
so how did it happen? did they break and enter and steal it or just hitch up to it and drive away? Man that sucks!

Monte
04-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Man what a bummer. I'm sure you got a police report, keep it handy. I hate to tell you this, but the ins co will investigate, so your claim may take some time. Large $$$ thefts always instigate an investigation. don't get ill with them or it will take longer, just be ready for a lot of off the wall questions. If you paid cash you can stop reading here.
Do not stop making payments on it if you borrowed money on it. you borrowed money, the boat is just colateral. It will ding your credit if you just stop paying. Def. contact the financial institution. Let them know what is going on b/c the check will be made to you and them. You will need to have a contact there to endorse the check. So you can go pick out another.

pilot02
04-24-2007, 09:18 AM
"LoJack"

enough said!!

Ric
04-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Got home from working at about 8 and noticed something missing. It actually took me a second to realize my boat was gone. Kinda sucks but now I can go get a V-drive with the insurance money...as soon as they cut me a check. you are definitely looking at the silver lining... tell us more about how it all happened.. I do not want my bote to disappear:rolleyes:

jlf
04-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Man what a bummer. I'm sure you got a police report, keep it handy. I hate to tell you this, but the ins co will investigate, so your claim may take some time. Large $$$ thefts always instigate an investigation. don't get ill with them or it will take longer, just be ready for a lot of off the wall questions. If you paid cash you can stop reading here.
Do not stop making payments on it if you borrowed money on it. you borrowed money, the boat is just colateral. It will ding your credit if you just stop paying. Def. contact the financial institution. Let them know what is going on b/c the check will be made to you and them. You will need to have a contact there to endorse the check. So you can go pick out another.
You said what I meant....

east tx skier
04-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear it BB. Good luck with the ins. co.

lawless1
04-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss - what a PITA. I'm just finishing up a refurbish on a theft recovery boat. Thieves left it sitting outside w/o a cover for a long time/seat cushions missing/stereo missing/etc.

One thing to be cautious about is the temptation to embellish on the amount of property that was lost in the theft. At least in Washington state there is a principle that if an insured overstates the assets to bump up the value of the claim and gets caught the insurer can deny the entire claim (5 comp skies instead of the 2 that you actually have).

I'm sure there are some insurance guys here that can address questions that you have about filling out the paperwork.

WAT8415
04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Good luck with the insurance company. It is always fun dealing with them.

Sodar
04-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Got home from working at about 8 and noticed something missing. It actually took me a second to realize my boat was gone. Kinda sucks but now I can go get a V-drive with the insurance money...as soon as they cut me a check.

Do not sound too bummed or anything!! :D :D

ttu
04-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Do not sound too bummed or anything!! :D :D

my thoughts also:confused:

Ric
04-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Leroy's thoughts also..........

bigpack20
04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Sorry about your boat that is not cool!

blackbeauty02
04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm mad but it could be worse. I just moved into a new addition and there are workers constantly in and out so it was easy for them to not look suspicious I'm sure. I had it sitting in front of my house b/c my storage unit decided they weren't going to have outdoor lots anymore. So I was in the process of finding a new one. It was insured at 12,500 with a 500 deductible. With all the stuff I had in it (100 lifejacket, 100 tow rope, wakeboard, skurfboard, fatseat, pump) I'm hoping to get at least the 12,500 if not more. So how long could I be looking at? Hopefully not more than a couple of weeks or a month at most. I've been looking around on ebay and boat trader to see what i can get. I'm looking to spend at least 20,000k and really really want a v-drive. Might be willing to go up to 25 or 26 depending. any thoughts on what that might buy me and what i should stay with. Sorry to say but I might not be a Mastercraft owner. I was thinking either MC, Tige, Malibu, or Nautique. Those are the names I've heard good stuff about. I had also seen a Moomba for sale but unsure of those boats. Any info from you guys would be appreciated

sand2snow22
04-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Did you have a lock on it? $20k V-drive, good luck, everybody and there Mom is looking for that boat, right Erk? If you find one bring it to me and I'll sell it here for $30k :D (Moomba doesn't count)

Willski
04-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Hope you get it back, or a quick settlement. People have been badmouthing thieves, but the real pain is vandals and hit and runs. I have had a few cars damaged and had to pay my $500 deductible, and the perps (I've been watching too much TV) end up with nothing but the joy of messing with my vehicles. I never hear of boats getting stolen in this area. Maybe the thieves are too lazy.

duckguy
04-24-2007, 11:34 PM
There is something real weird about this thread that sounds hoky and fake

jlf
04-25-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm mad but it could be worse. I just moved into a new addition and there are workers constantly in and out so it was easy for them to not look suspicious I'm sure. I had it sitting in front of my house b/c my storage unit decided they weren't going to have outdoor lots anymore. So I was in the process of finding a new one. It was insured at 12,500 with a 500 deductible. With all the stuff I had in it (100 lifejacket, 100 tow rope, wakeboard, skurfboard, fatseat, pump) I'm hoping to get at least the 12,500 if not more. So how long could I be looking at? Hopefully not more than a couple of weeks or a month at most. I've been looking around on ebay and boat trader to see what i can get. I'm looking to spend at least 20,000k and really really want a v-drive. Might be willing to go up to 25 or 26 depending. any thoughts on what that might buy me and what i should stay with. Sorry to say but I might not be a Mastercraft owner. I was thinking either MC, Tige, Malibu, or Nautique. Those are the names I've heard good stuff about. I had also seen a Moomba for sale but unsure of those boats. Any info from you guys would be appreciated

I am not an expert and I haven't had anything major stolen like a boat, but I would think there will be some sort of investigation first and you really don't sound too upset which may lead to further investigation to make sure you were not involved in the boats disappearance. I'm sure you're not!! I doubt there will be a quick payout and with our insurance company we have to provide some sort of proof of the things that were stolen to make sure we actually had them, pics or receipts of the stuff.

Did you file a police report?

Ric
04-25-2007, 08:04 AM
There is something real weird about this thread that sounds hoky and fake , Duckguy said.

Ric
04-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Black, I remember you had a ton of trouble with that boat when you first bought it. Did you get all those kinks ironed out or will the new owner have a surprise to behold?

Also, how bout a few pics of the boat here so we can all keep an eye out for her and her new owner?

ttu
04-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Black, I remember you had a ton of trouble with that boat when you first bought it. Did you get all those kinks ironed out or will the new owner have a surprise to behold?

Also, how bout a few pics of the boat here so we can all keep an eye out for her and her new owner?

that is the first thing that came to my mind. oh how it reminds me of my old claims adjuster days:rolleyes:

Ric
04-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Nevermind, I found the pics.These are the only two pics I have at the time. This was right after I got it. It's in the shop getting the damn transmission fixed. I'll get interior pics and closer pictures when I get it back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/surferbum21/DSCF0468.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/surferbum21/DSCF0467.jpg

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 09:30 AM
I've been reading a couple previous threads/posts and this scares me,
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=184698&postcount=18
and I also responded it another thread,
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=336109&postcount=37
I just dunno????????????

milkmania
04-25-2007, 09:44 AM

got any old pics?...................edit: oops n/m:o I saw ric's quote and didn't realize it was your boat pics

I can keep an eye out on a couple of lakes in this part of Oklahoma.....

Eufaula & Tenkiller

but, I'd lean more toward it being parted out

milkmania
04-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I've been reading a couple previous threads/posts and this scares me,
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=184698&postcount=18
and I also responded it another thread,
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=336109&postcount=37
I just dunno????????????

yeah, and we get hundreds of "visitors/guests" a day

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 10:11 AM
yeah, and we get hundreds of "visitors/guests" a day

Right, and I would think with BB02's past history of theft from him, that EVERY precaution would have been taken to assure that the boat and it's stuff was well secured/locked/protected at whatever the expense or trouble.

Ric
04-25-2007, 11:57 AM
you guys are just trying to scare BB away from here

TMCNo1
04-25-2007, 12:07 PM
you guys are just trying to scare BB away from here

Nope, just trying to understand how his boat disappeared from his front yard and what actions he will take with another boat to prevent what happened to this boat.
Maybe if he had put a sign on it, "FREE BOAT" no one would have taken it!:confused: :rolleyes:

Jwhitsett1129
04-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I'll keep an eye out around here as well...

Ric
04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Good people on here beauty.. I mentioned that last year didn't I? :toast:

sand2snow22
04-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Donīt leave that truck outside!! They probably came looking for the truck and took the boat instead!!

blackbeauty02
04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
first off I would never have anything to do with fraud or whatnot. I had to move it from my storage area that is very secure last month b/c they decided they didn't want outside storage areas. So I moved it to my new house that I moved into in February. We were the first ones on the block and now there are two others. There are dozens of trucks in and out all day long so it is not hard for them to see that I am gone for extended periods of time during certain days. Again I would not participate in any sort of fraud as I have more to lose than trying to collect insurance money on a boat so I could get a new one. First, I would have sold it for the same price and saved myself the hassle of being investigated. Second, I would not have put $1500 into it last summer to lose it right before this summer (which I was planning on going out this weekend btw). Last, previous posts have shown that I have had stuff stolen. I own a lawn care company and have had a trailer stolen in broad daylight with 2 locks and a car parked in front of it. My truck was broken into at my gf's house. So if you want to accuse or say something is fishy feel free to call me and we can meet up. I'm not going to have a boat stolen just b/c I wanted a newer boat. For the rest of you guys that are being kind thank you.

beatle78
04-25-2007, 07:36 PM
sorry to hear about the boat blackB.....

I don't think anyone was accusing you, but they were def. advising you b/c they wouldn't want you to do anything that would cause you to end up with the BUBBLE. That would be the worst!!!

Sounds like you live in a new development. I can almost 100% guarantee one of the workers building houses in the neighborhood had something to do with it. They probably told a friend and the friend picked it up.....

I hope everything works out ok and I hope you get a boat that's 10 times better than the one you had. That's hard to do since you already own the best brand boat made!! :)

M Shore
04-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Sorry about your troubles. If you want more trouble buy the moomba.

sanjuan23
04-25-2007, 09:14 PM
^^^^He's back from the line... He shoots.... He scores ^^^^^^

blackbeauty02
04-25-2007, 09:25 PM
the thing that really pisses me off is I was planning on going to the lake this weekend and tearing it up. I graduate in 2 weeks and all my final projects, presentations, papers, and exams are this week. So I was planning on finally hitting the board this weekend. Now I'm prob out for at least a month depending on the insurance/investigation. the good thing is the boat is paid for and I am in no financial problem whatsoever.

VTJC
04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Here is $21k V-Drive http://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/294943026.html

milkmania
04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Here is $21k V-Drive http://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/294943026.html

This boat is the top dog in a market filled with imitators.
whoo wah!!!

blackbeauty02
04-25-2007, 11:56 PM
do you know the location of the boat? guess i could do a look up on the area code...

sand2snow22
04-26-2007, 01:46 AM
BB-Hope you get your settlement and back on the water soon!! Fight that insurance company tooth and nail if they give you any shiznit!!

hester
04-26-2007, 05:35 AM
BB, Murrells Inlet, SC is on the coast just down from the NC/SC border. Be expecting a little rust/corrosion here and there regardless of whether or not it was used in saltwater. I've had experience with three boats on the NC coast and the air alone can be brutal on towers, upholstery, etc.

blackbeauty02
04-26-2007, 03:57 PM
so anyone have any advice on this ordeal. I had the detective call me today and asked for any leads. If I knew of anyone that might have taken it. Told him I don't have any enemies (that I know of) and told him about the situation in my new housing addition. Kind of wierd and cool at the same time having an actual detective call me.

KnoxX2
04-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Sorry for your loss. Hope it all works out.

Ric
04-26-2007, 04:15 PM
so anyone have any advice on this ordeal. I had the detective call me today and asked for any leads. If I knew of anyone that might have taken it. Told him I don't have any enemies (that I know of) and told him about the situation in my new housing addition. Kind of wierd and cool at the same time having an actual detective call me. do you have any up to date pics? I think that boat will be seen by somebody here unless they piece it out and dump it somewhere

blackbeauty02
04-26-2007, 05:31 PM
i think someone posted some pics on this thread.

does anyone have any idea what the value of my boat would be? 92 Prostar 205. Monster tower. New transmission. under 600 hours. cover. The insurance policy stated 12500 with a 500 deductible but when I talked to the claims guy today he said that adp autosource (or something like that) would be in charge of assessing the value of the boat (what it would cost to replace it with a similar boat) according to my area. I'm gonna be pissed if they try and low ball me with something. I know the boat is worth at least 12k.

sand2snow22
04-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Stick to your guns, if you know it's worth $12k, don't settle for less. Start looking for comparable MC's in and around your area to support your $12k number. So, when the insurance company hits you with $9k, you can hit them back with a few boats supporting your $12k number.....They're doing their homework, do yours, too.....

roddydog
04-26-2007, 07:02 PM
So if you want to accuse or say something is fishy feel free to call me and we can meet up.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

JohnnyB
04-26-2007, 07:09 PM
My 92 PS 190 with the 285HO, 750hours, shower and stereo went for $13,800 last spring. Asking price was $14,500.

Look around boattrader.com to see what they are listing for, that's how I priced mine.

MasterCrafting
04-26-2007, 08:28 PM
My 92 PS 190 with the 285HO, 750hours, shower and stereo went for $13,800 last spring. Asking price was $14,500.

Look around boattrader.com to see what they are listing for, that's how I priced mine.

Proving that I could sell my boat for more then I paid for it.

erkoehler
04-26-2007, 11:32 PM

does anyone have any idea what the value of my boat would be? 92 Prostar 205. Monster tower. New transmission. under 600 hours. cover. The insurance policy stated 12500 with a 500 deductible but when I talked to the claims guy today he said that adp autosource (or something like that) would be in charge of assessing the value of the boat (what it would cost to replace it with a similar boat) according to my area. I'm gonna be pissed if they try and low ball me with something. I know the boat is worth at least 12k.

We have a 93 205 for sale in the low 15's, a 92 205 w/ tower for 14k, and have sold quite a few other 205's for mid/upper teens.

I wouldn't settle for anything other than a maximum payout, your boat was worth it. Not only is it worth the 12.5k now, but the hull is actually becoming more and more in demand. Therefore, the prices are going UP!

sand2snow22
04-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Just got our insurance renewal in the mail, it states: "to complete your file we need the address where the vessel is stored. (Is it in a locked garage, trailer hitch lock, or secure boat storage?") Please return this information along with your renewel in the next 30 days.

Must be getting worse....My rate didn't go up, though?

TMCNo1
04-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Just got our insurance renewal in the mail, it states: "to complete your file we need the address where the vessel is stored. (Is it in a locked garage, trailer hitch lock, or secure boat storage?") Please return this information along with your renewel in the next 30 days.

Must be getting worse....My rate didn't go up, though?

The insurance companies are covering their behinds, by you covering yours and it only makes sense. Not much different than leaving your can unlocked and keys to your car in the ignition anytime, thinking no one will steal it.

Ric
04-27-2007, 08:32 AM

does anyone have any idea what the value of my boat would be? 92 Prostar 205. Monster tower. New transmission. under 600 hours. cover. The insurance policy stated 12500 with a 500 deductible but when I talked to the claims guy today he said that adp autosource (or something like that) would be in charge of assessing the value of the boat (what it would cost to replace it with a similar boat) according to my area. I'm gonna be pissed if they try and low ball me with something. I know the boat is worth at least 12k. that was me, but I was looking for newer, uncovered pics.
the search is ON

east tx skier
04-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Man, BB02, I almost jumped when I saw this boat on ebay. Unfortunately, not yours. Colors were right though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3***%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=300105961868

As for value, the 205s in good condition seem to go for quite a bit more than NADA list value, even in the south. If I had to guess, I'd say replacement cost would be higher than your agreed value. I know my policy has the agreed value quite a bit higher than that (and that's not counting the trailer).

Ric
04-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Man, BB02, I almost jumped when I saw this boat on ebay. Unfortunately, not yours. Colors were right though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3***%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=300105961868

As for value, the 205s in good condition seem to go for quite a bit more than NADA list value, even in the south. If I had to guess, I'd say replacement cost would be higher than your agreed value. I know my policy has the agreed value quite a bit higher than that (and that's not counting the trailer). Agreed.
it's worth the amount you have insured, no doubt. Those 205's are a popular item!

Matt L.
04-27-2007, 10:55 AM
BB02,

That sucks! Be glad the detective even called. In a lot of places they are so over worked that they wouldn't make much effort. I'm in Tucson. I'll keep an eye out for a look-a-like. I'm not sure where you are but the pics look a lot greener than here.

Good luck!

Matt

Thrall
04-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah, lucky the local PD is even putiing any effort into it.
Had my company truck stolen in Gilbert, AZ (lucky it wasn't my personal truck as it was sitting in the drive next to it, usually in the garage). Called the Gilbert PD at 3:30 am (Mon Morning, leaving for work) to report it stolen, and the basically asked me "What do you want us to do about it?". 3 hrs later a cop shows up to take my info after the dispatcher urged me to come down to the station unless I thought I had any evidence or pertinant info that they needed to see at my house.
Like I know what is "evidence" I'm not the police and I haven't watched enough CSI yet!
PD said that the truck would not even be put out to the other officers to watch for or anything. Unless the thief was pulled over for an unrelated issue, they'd never find it.
Turns out the truck was found by the Indian Res police abandoned, cleaned out, and vandalized, still idling, about 9am that morning.
Lost about $10k in tools, equip, and personal effects. (yet they didn't steal the $500 tool box, $800 fuel tranfer tank/pump, or $800 of new tires. Did pump out 80 gal of off road diesel somewhere and ran 1/2 tank of gas out of the truck. Must've been busy making fuel and tool deliveries before the baja'd it in the desert).

beatle78
04-27-2007, 04:16 PM
BB,

Did you tell the detective that there have been a lot of construction crews in your area?

Also, call you local MC shops as these moron theives usually end up calling them for parts. Most MC shops always ask the HULL ID number when ordering.

good luck man.

Of course, it might be nice to get a new to you boat also :)

plus you need a New Dimension Tower on your next boat, it looks way nicer than the Monster (I put a Monster on my BU and just put a NDT on my 205V)

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=15858

JohnnyB
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
BB,
Most MC shops always ask the HULL ID number when ordering.

I have yet to have an MC Shop ask me for a hull ID.

However, if it is like other sport craft manufacturers, giving one dealer the HIN# of a stolen boat should cause it to be listed at all the dealers.

I know Polaris and ArcticCat do this with their dealer network.

beatle78
04-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Maybe I'm confusing MC with my wifes car dealership..... Of course we seem to change MC dealerships every few years here in Rhode Island....

Of course I think it's pretty rare to have a boat of this caliber stolen.

It's a little premature, but what kind of boat are thinking about gettingfor a replacement?

With the band of brothers on this site, we're sure to help you find the right boat for the right price!!

blackbeauty02
04-28-2007, 10:26 PM
well i'm looking in the 20k to 28k range in anything. i really just want to know what to stay away from. i've heard not to buy moombas. i live in oklahoma an don't want to travel more than 200-300 miles from where i'm at.

milkmania
04-29-2007, 06:38 PM
well i'm looking in the 20k to 28k range in anything. i really just want to know what to stay away from. i've heard not to buy moombas. i live in oklahoma an don't want to travel more than 200-300 miles from where i'm at.

well, I wouldn't throw this one outta bed:rolleyes:
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&postid=SIA03862

blackbeauty02
04-29-2007, 09:55 PM
I was wondering what a good number of hours I should look for. I found a Maristar but it has 400+ hours and I found a tige with 600 hours. What is that equivalent to in miles? or s hould I ask how many hours should there be on the boat per year.

BrianM
04-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I was wondering what a good number of hours I should look for. I found a Maristar but it has 400+ hours and I found a tige with 600 hours. What is that equivalent to in miles? or s hould I ask how many hours should there be on the boat per year.
Trying to equate hours with miles doesn't really work. These engines should go 2000 hours and beyond with good maintenance. 400-600 hours is not many at all. Average use seems to be in the range of 50-100 hours per year. But again more or less than that is not uncommon.

jlf
05-01-2007, 08:58 AM
As with cars the number of hours or miles is only a guide line. A boat might only have 100 hours on it but if it wasn't maintained properly you're going to have problems, on the flip side you might find a boat with 2000 hours on it and it'll run another 2000 just because it's been cared for properly. My husband works at a dealership and it's nothing for him to see trucks with 500,000 miles or more on them still running like a champ.

I'd say average use is more like 100 hours per season, that may be more in an area that can run year round. Here in WI we manage about 100-150 and that's from May-Sept usually.