PDA

View Full Version : Factory Headunit ?

txwakebrds
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Hello,

I have a 2002 X Star and wanted to know what the Clarion model was that was installed from Factory? When I got the boat the previous owner replaced it with a Pioneer headunit.

Reason? I want to order the din plug for the remotes, I am going to wire up the din plug to the Pioneer so the remotes will work again.

Thanks for the help,

- Jay

lav
04-23-2007, 09:31 PM
my 02 xstar had a factory clairon model m 455

JBaker
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
lav, you might want to check that post. The M455 was not available or even manufactured in 2002.

TX, you probably had an XMD1 or if it was a standard DIN size, you had the M5675. I'm not sure I totally understand what you are trying to do with the remotes. Remotes are brand specific so its not like you can connect Clarion remotes to a Pioneer head-unit.

txwakebrds
04-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the replies,

I am going to splice the din plug and hook up the wires to the pioneer din plug so the clarion remotes will work.

- Jay

lav
04-24-2007, 09:29 PM
lav, you might want to check that post. The M455 was not available or even manufactured in 2002.

TX, you probably had an XMD1 or if it was a standard DIN size, you had the M5675. I'm not sure I totally understand what you are trying to do with the remotes. Remotes are brand specific so its not like you can connect Clarion remotes to a Pioneer head-unit.
sorry did not know that just that was what was in t when i bought it with 75 hours on it i didn't think he did anything to the boat but add tower speakers and amp
but anyhow i have factory wired remotes and they work with that model clarion M455
sorry for the confusion