PDA

View Full Version : Boat buddy poop

duckguy
04-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Does anyone have any kind of fix or tip for the residue/poop that is left behind on the hull by the boat buddy as the boat slids up and down it during trailering. It comes off with adhesive remover but it is a drag.

jclose8
04-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Soak the boat buddy plastic piece with Armor-All frequently. It allows the boat to slide on it much more easily, and doesn't leave marks.

Monte
04-23-2007, 03:30 PM
TMCNo1 carpeted his. Not sure what thread it is on. but it may help.

Sodar
04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
TMCNo1 carpeted his. Not sure what thread it is on. but it may help.

It is on about 30 threads.... just pick which one!! :D 8p :D

east tx skier
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Does anyone have any kind of fix or tip for the residue/poop that is left behind on the hull by the boat buddy as the boat slids up and down it during trailering. It comes off with adhesive remover but it is a drag.

Carpeting it will do the trick as far as getting rid of future black marks. Harold used one piece of carpet. I cut several. I've already lost one of the bottom pieces, but will reattach. A little wax on the carpet is probably a good idea to keep friction from fusing the fibers.

As for the black marks you already have, put some acetone on a rag and just rub them off. Rinse the area well afterwards and wax liberally.

TMCNo1
04-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Do a advanced search under the words, "boat buddy" and it has been discussed several times on here. I carpet a portion of mine and in those post, I have given instructions and pics on what to use.

boyd
04-23-2007, 11:01 PM
I have the answer to all your boat "buddy" problems. Take the think off!! I put a clear poly roller and have been extremely happy.
I wouldn't put on a boat buddy if someone gave me one for free.
BOYD

Sodar
04-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I have the answer to all your boat "buddy" problems. Take the think off!! I put a clear poly roller and have been extremely happy.
I wouldn't put on a boat buddy if someone gave me one for free.
BOYD

Oh Boy! Not another one of these threads! :D :D

JKTX21
04-24-2007, 12:12 AM
I just fixed my boat buddy, it will be nice not to have to McGuyver over the bow when the water is really cold. It does leave some marks though.

jimmer2880
04-24-2007, 06:29 AM
I used 1 piece of bunk carpet with 3M spray glue. It worked very well.

ksmaristar91
04-24-2007, 07:43 AM
When i bought my boat it had a black boat buddy, and after the first couple times out i realized it was cracked (hard plastic) so i picked up a new one, a grey rubbery one, no marks now.