PDA

View Full Version : Ski locker sac won't drain, any advice?

BearX1
04-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone, I have an '06 X-1 with 35 hours on it. My ski locker sac is not draining. When I flip the fill/drain switch, the pump kicks on, but, there is no flow. I tried tapping on the pump housing, with a wrench, with no success. Also, I've been noticing that the other two ballast pumps aren't pumping the water, like they used to. Is the shelf life on the impellers really that short?

Thanks for any input.

Andyg
04-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't know if your X2 has a flexible hose like my 197 does. I had a similar problem with my 197 this weekend. The hose for the fill and the drain got kinked by the full bag and was not allowing water in our out. Straightened out the kink and it worked fine again.

Ric
04-23-2007, 04:48 PM
check and see if someone may have driven your boat up onto a muddy sandbar and clogged the lines ;)

nuckinfutz
04-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Have you tried to prime the pumps? flip them on to fill for a few seconds or enough time to bring water into the pump, then flip over to empty. Worth a try, I have to do this every now and then.

SDAhockey21
04-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Maybe your pumps have altitude sickness.....Naw nevermind...That could only happen if your boat was lifted by a helicopper or something

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Check the impellers as they can crack and break. I lost 3-4 blades off mine once.

Probably need to check your lines after your 'ordeal.'

Also, stand (or put some pressure) on the center sac when you are emptying to help prime.

As stated, prime by filling then switch to empty to see if it gets it going.

Harvey
04-23-2007, 06:24 PM
All great suggestions but to answer your question. Yes, they can go out this fast. I had to replace one of my ballast impellers on my 06 X1 after only 28 hours on the boat. Do yourself a favor and get the newer yellow impellers to replace the black ones when they do go out. I have replaced all three and have yet to replace a yellow (knock on wood) one with 100 hours on the boat.

BCBlazers
04-23-2007, 07:09 PM
my soft sac in the cockpit froze on me the other day, when switched on, it would fill to capacity and overflow as standard procedure but when switched to empty, it would make no sound of any progress and would throw the breaker beneath the button. the impeller was just stuck, if you can get it to pump one way and not the other-- try rocking the switch from fill to empty several times. i did this with mine on the trailer and on the third flip it reversed and began to empty like it was supposed to. hopefully that'll work for ya. good luck

BearX1
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the responses. Can any of you recommend a site for ordering the "yellow" impellers, that were mentioned? Also, I will try the other words of advice, and hopefully, get the sac drained.

Thanks again.

corey
04-24-2007, 01:48 PM
your dealer should have the new style impellars otherwise give us a call at 763-533-9666 and we can ship them to you.

Ric
04-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the responses. Can any of you recommend a site for ordering the "yellow" impellers, that were mentioned? Also, I will try the other words of advice, and hopefully, get the sac drained.

Thanks again. you find that crazy boat driver and you'll find the murderer of this impeller.

TX.X-30 fan
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Where is the center pump, is it the pump in the center. :rolleyes: I have replaced the impellers recently. Will try some of the suggestions. I did not hear the pump running when I tried to empty it at my shop. Man I hope that pump is not bad already.:mad:

BearX1
05-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Well, Ric hit the nail on the head . . . there is an impeller murderer on the loose!! Hard to believe it is was killed at such a young age.

I do have another interesting observation, though . . . Only the pump impeller, supplying the ski locker sac, was ruined. The rear tank pumps were not affected. However, during the inspection of the port pump, I found broken impeller parts stuck in the housing, which were restricting the flow. Can anyone explain that? Is it possible for the impeller blades, from one pump, to break off and somehow end up in another pump? Seems a little odd to me. I'm almost suspicious that there are second hand pumps in my boat.

Cheers.

sand2snow22
05-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Bear, my guess would have been the impellers. The black impellers really do not like to be run dry. If you forget to turn the pumps off while emptying too many times, they're good as gone......

If I remember right, when emptying the bags, the front sac is plumbed in with the rear tanks. That's why my Supra/Moomba friends get so impressed when I empty all my tanks at once. They have these little dribbles and I have a huge firehose!!

h20winn
05-01-2007, 02:09 AM
If you cannot find the yellow impellers close to you, you can go to Mymastercraft.com and order them there.

Good luck.

TX.X-30 fan
05-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Bear, They have these little dribbles and I have a huge firehose!!

Braggart. :D :D