PDA

View Full Version : Florida Info Needed...

sanjuan23
04-23-2007, 12:14 PM
This is directed at you Florida gentlemen. The wife and I are planning a last minute trip this weekend where we can get some pretty good rates at a couple of spots in Florida. We have never been to FL. could someone point me in a good direction in regards to beaches, hotels, etc. before I go pulling the trigger on something I know nothing about.

Thanks!

Maristar210
04-23-2007, 12:19 PM
This is directed at you Florida gentlemen. The wife and I are planning a last minute trip this weekend where we can get some pretty good rates at a couple of spots in Florida. We have never been to FL. could someone point me in a good direction in regards to beaches, hotels, etc. before I go pulling the trigger on something I know nothing about.

Thanks!

I'm not from Florida but I have been there several times. Where do you wnat to go or perhaps more importantly what do you want to do?

Labatt911
04-23-2007, 12:44 PM
We vacation in Siesta Key (Sarasota) every year. It's on the Gulf Coast and very beautiful. We use www.Siesta4Rent.com to book our condos. They give you rates, availability, and tour of the condos right on their web site. Hope this helps

sanjuan23
04-23-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm not from Florida but I have been there several times. Where do you wnat to go or perhaps more importantly what do you want to do?

Well not really planning on doing anything grand just hanging by the beach/pool by day and some good dining in the evening, rest and relax. I found a pretty good deal for Ft. Lauderdale but not sure what is around. Didn't you just get back from Naples?

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-23-2007, 01:15 PM
My brother can attest that the Gulf of Mexico is COLD right now. However, the beaches around Clearwater/St. Petersburg are amazing white sand. I've heard the gulf side stays a little calmer (waves) on average.

I have family that live in Boca Raton (same area as West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale). There is plenty to do as it all seems like a big suburb of Miami, but have heard the gulf side has a little more 'relaxed' feel.

Maristar210
04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Well not really planning on doing anything grand just hanging by the beach/pool by day and some good dining in the evening, rest and relax. I found a pretty good deal for Ft. Lauderdale but not sure what is around. Didn't you just get back from Naples?

Actually Marco Island is where we stayed. We went up to Naples as well though. Marco is cool. I would do it again. The Marriott on Marco is right on the beach and has a pool bar that we frequented. I'll give you a list of places we went if that where you end up going. There is an X-2 owner who lives there as well and rents time behind his boat if you wanted to go that route. Here's a pic from Stan's: Yes I'm inebriated:D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/P1010160.jpg[

Maristar210
04-23-2007, 01:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/P1010083.jpg

Maristar210
04-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Bridge to Marco Islandhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/P1010120.jpg

Maristar210
04-23-2007, 01:41 PM
http://www.marcoislandmarriott.com/?ppc=adwords_emergent_marco-island-marriott_mrkfl

trickskier
04-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Ft. Lauderdale is a great place but I would not stay too much futher south on the east coast..........Traffic is terrible down there. However, I would suggest a day trip to South Beach if you stay that far south......Daytona Beach is nice and you can actually drive a car on the beach there.............Like Ft. Lauderdale a lot of night life......I would suggest the Hilton at Daytona.......If I can help in anyway please let me know.

tex
04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I've stayed at that Marriot on Marco.. It is great. Naples has some traffic issues. Still a great place to be.

T Scott
04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Florida is beautiful right now! If you go to the Tampa Bay area, as mentioned, the beaches are great. Nice white sand!! There is also a lot to do in the area such as museums, theme parks (ie: Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, etc.) Zoos, shopping, etc. Ft. Lauderdale is also good, but the beaches are not quite as nice. Central Florida (where I live) always provides an abundance of activities. You could do some wakeboarding on the cable at Orlando Watersports Complex, Hit the theme parks, shop, tons of Bars, etc. Let me knw where you end up and I 'll send some more ideas.

Tom