PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request!

BCBlazers
04-23-2007, 10:26 AM
My girlfriends cousin (Chuck, 43) has been having a tough time lately. He is very active and works as a cattle hand and flipped his 4wheeler 2 weeks ago and broke his collar bone while rounding cattle. Then he had to have his wisdom teeth removed on Friday, then to make things worst of all, he developed an esophogeal tear yesterday (cause undetermined) so all the enzymes and acids from his stomach have been leaking into his body! He underwent emergency surgery last night around midnight to repair his esophagus and they didn't expect him to make it through surgery, but he did! He is currently in ICU Baton Rouge and they are saying that if he makes it through the next 48 hrs, that he has a good chance of living, but the acids have effected his heart also so they are still learning things of his condition. IF he does live, they are saying that he will have to be in ICU for weeks and then stay in the hospital for MONTHS!!!
It is hard to imagine that such a small thing could have such a major impact on a man.

All your prayers and thoughts would be MUCH appreciate and Lord knows he needs every one he can get!
Thanks again guys!

Sincerely,
Forrest Rollins

SkiDog
04-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Man, thats sad! I hope he pulls thru! Keep the faith!

cmack
04-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I will keep him in our prayers

Maristar210
04-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Thats a rough road to travel. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
Steve

Sodar
04-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow, what a bad run of it! Hope he pulls through. Him and his loved ones will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!

trickskier
04-23-2007, 11:43 AM
I will certainly keep him in my thoughts and prayers........Please keep us posted on his progress.

Jesus_Freak
04-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Will do...very sorry to hear it. I have added Chuck to the general prayer requests thread shown in my signature.

BCBlazers
04-24-2007, 12:29 AM
so Chuck was put on a respirator this afternoon around 3pm just to help his breathing efficiency, they had it running at 100% but now they have backed it down to 60% last we heard. he woke up earlier and recognized members of the family so thats a good sign.

God bless you guys and thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers. Not only is he my girlfriends cousin, but also a close friend of mine and a devoted father and husand.

Thanks again fellas

Jesus_Freak
04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
so Chuck was put on a respirator this afternoon around 3pm just to help his breathing efficiency, they had it running at 100% but now they have backed it down to 60% last we heard. he woke up earlier and recognized members of the family so thats a good sign.

God bless you guys and thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers. Not only is he my girlfriends cousin, but also a close friend of mine and a devoted father and husand.

Thanks again fellas

Excellent news!

WAT8415
04-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Glad to hear he is improving and I will keep him in my prayers.

trickskier
04-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Glad to hear that he is improving. Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.