PDA

View Full Version : Front door X Series

rsk
04-20-2007, 11:32 PM
My X30 has the door up front that when in it's pocket ( open)
,,,,,rattles terribly.
Haven't tightened the screw for the " Latch" but am not convinced that will fix it anyway. Does anyone have an idea on how to tightend that up with the exception of shimmy????? Spelled ?
Also, dual battery switch.
In other boats I have owned, when the battery switch is not on 1 , not on 2 or not on 1 and 2, but OFF nothing works. I like that to protect from leaving a switch on when putting the boat up for a day or two. Tonight I swiltched to OFF and things continued to work ????
Obviously I dont' know how it works.
Ideas ?}

Waterski-Marcoisland
04-20-2007, 11:51 PM
things that need to keep a memory will continue to have power. and will be seperate from the battery switch.

rsk
04-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Everything works when it's switched to off . Don't get it???

llcamp63
04-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I have that same question. I have an '06 X45. The blower is so quiet I kept forgetting to turn it off. So last year I started turning the batteries off. But then I was having problems with the Master Cruise and the radio. When you turn the batteries off does it wipe the memory from these items? What else does it wipe the memory from? If the batteries are off will the bilge pumps still work? If I'm not going to use the boat for 5 days should I shut off the batteries?

SDAhockey21
04-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Usually the radio etc. has a seperate wire for memory its it usually yellow. To stop from wiping the memory the yellow wire needs power all the time.

Rsk did you has your switch always done this? Or did you install it yourself? You might want to check your connections because two wires might be toughing somewhere in the switch thats cauing currect to jump over making the switch useless.

If the batterys are off nothing will work unless you have a postive wire that doesn't flow through the swtich

i will draw a diagram one sec

michael freeman
04-21-2007, 01:17 PM
things that need to keep a memory will continue to have power. and will be seperate from the battery switch.

When I turn the battery to off (i.e., not 1, not 2, not 1&2), All memory items will be lost.

Not a total high jack, I am charging my batteries (2 blue top optima starting batteries) on 2 amp auto/normal with 1&2 selected. They are both a bit low. I assume this is the best way to do this.

Do any of you use some type of onboard trickle charger that you keep plugged in all the time?

SDAhockey21
04-21-2007, 01:19 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n118/SDAhockey21/untitled.jpg
hope this helps sorry for any misspellings paint wont let you go back and edit text! lame lol..

michael freeman
04-21-2007, 01:25 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n118/SDAhockey21/untitled.jpg
hope this helps sorry for any misspellings paint wont let you go back and edit text! lame lol..

I don't think my factory installed dual battery and switch includes the memory (yellow) connection. Next time I have it in service, I will have to see if they will install it under warrenty ('06 boat).