PDA

View Full Version : Skylon Skylight Bar Mini

dh_bennison
04-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I am look at buying a Skylon Skylight Bar Mini. All the pics on the web show close up shot of the bar. Has anybody bought one of these? If so can anyone post some pics so I can see how far they hang down, I am concerned about banging my head all the time.

Thanks

JKTX21
04-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Could you not mount it on top of the tower ahead of the towpoint? You wouldn't have to worry about banging your head on it that way.

dh_bennison
04-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes I possably could but with the actual look of the bars makes me think it would look better underslung. Perhaps I need to look at other systems

JKTX21
04-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Yes I possably could but with the actual look of the bars makes me think it would look better underslung. Perhaps I need to look at other systems

Are you looking at speakers too? There are a lot of ways you could go if so. You could get a fiberglass box w/integrated lights. Tidal Audio has some really nice ones and a great mix / selection.

dh_bennison
04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Just had a look on their site. Its good looking kit, but I already have speakers. I just want lights at the moment.

Im in the UK so I options over here are limited and Very Very expensive. The monster bar is the only one avalible over here and its 350 (nearly $700 at todays exchange rate). In the US on the Monster site is $350 (175). Guess is another case of "Rip off Britain"

The Skylon one looks cool but with me having to import it I just want to make sure it is the right one for me as returns will be a pain in the a$$.

Can not wait to get out to Florida in May and buy loads of stuff for the boat, hope the exchange rate stays where it is!!!!!!

fortheboyz
04-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I am look at buying a Skylon Skylight Bar Mini. All the pics on the web show close up shot of the bar. Has anybody bought one of these? If so can anyone post some pics so I can see how far they hang down, I am concerned about banging my head all the time.

Thanks
Just saw your post on the Skylon Bar...haven't been on this site in a while, but we bought ours last year (as well as the tower,speakers). They are out of the way, I'll try to post the picts. Speakers hang lower. The pictures are before the bimini was put on, but they are really out of the way. I would mount them below, looks cleaner. Tried to find one with the bimini...hope it works.

The picts are not working on my end...hope you can see them!