PDA

View Full Version : Powerboat Races, Greers Ferry Lake, AR

Hrkdrivr
04-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Anyone going?

We're gonna put in at Dam Site (east end) tomorrow and probably rent a slip to leave the boat there Sat night for more fun on Sunday, so we don't have to drag the boat home tomorrow night.

From what I understand, the races are centered on the western end of the lake, near Sugarloaf Mtn. They want race-watchers in boats to approach from the western or eastern ends of the lake.

The weather should be good!

rsk
04-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Saturday the weather was great for practice.
Sunday, chop was coming over the bow sitting still . Windy SOB
Those guys had a different ride Sunday altogether. Wonderful weekend though, great to be on the lake .
Greers Ferry is a classic.

Hrkdrivr
04-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Are you the guy we talked to on the east side of Sugarloaf Mtn on Saturday? We met a crew on a yellow X-30...the owner said he trades boats a lot and just got this one last week.

We only watched a few laps of the time-trials (or whatever was happening Saturday) and then wandered off. Went back near the dam on Sunday and you're right, the chop was terrible and the wind made it too cool for much fun.

bret
04-24-2007, 08:32 AM
You put in at dam site to go over to Sugar Loaf, through the narrows? Damn, long haul. The city council of Heber Springs were real jerks about this or it would have been on the SE quadrant of the lake.

There is a new yellow x-30 in front of my f-in-laws party barge, and that guy does trade often, wonder if it's the same guy.

Greers is great, clean and having the ski club there is fun too but man, the weekends are just too crowded. That's why we have chain under the boat guides of the course.

rsk
04-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Guys , this is my first Mastercraft.
Mainly trade Cobalts.
Bret , my boat is the one in my Avatar.
hrkdrivr, nice boat you have there.
We went out Sunday too, Holy Sh*t. Found a spot up around Devils Fork that was out of the wind and nice. Good to see you, maybe again sometime. Come by and say hello if your out.

KBryant2007
04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Does anyone know if there's a slalom course on Greers Ferry? Also, considering the size of the lake and the open water, where's the best spot to ski that won't beat you to death? I plan on putting my 05'Prostar 209 in around the Eden Isle / Sandy Beach area this summer.

magnum
04-26-2007, 12:36 AM
There is a salom course in the cove near sandy beach across from the Heber Springs Marina. Not sure who's course it is but it has been there a few years

magnum
04-26-2007, 12:36 AM
There is a salom course in the cove near sandy beach across from the Heber Springs Marina. Not sure who's course it is but it has been there a few years

rsk
04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
to be honest with you, during the summer, after 9:30 in the morning,
there is not a good place.
Before that , lot's of places.
Get up in the Northeast part of the lake.

KBryant2007
05-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Heading up to Greers Ferry tomorrow! Can't wait. Black Prostar 209 w/ Yellow Stripe.